Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:34:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Warne  (Read 5059 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Warne
« Reply #30 on September 30, 2022, 09:49:40 pm by roversdude »
Look after fans because that who own the club. They’ve done really well, it will be interesting to see how the model copes in this financial uncertainty

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 30, 2022, 10:00:10 pm by Panda »
Look after fans because that who own the club. They’ve done really well, it will be interesting to see how the model copes in this financial uncertainty

During Covid they were one of the most stable and secure clubs as they had stacks of money put aside from player sales and sell on clauses as well as money from being prudently run. No spending can occur at the club without the say so of the fans who have a vote.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 01, 2022, 07:57:50 am by selby »
 So the fans having a vote is the attraction then Panda really, for that to happen at the moment, although Doncaster Rovers have a great engagement with the fans, much more than most clubs, because our owners are owners and subsidise the club with substantial funds, unless you have the interest of the club at heart and are willing to join the owners in subsidising the club with substantial amounts of money on a regular interval then you will not get a vote, but sensible suggestions will be listened to.
  On the other hand if you are just a noise without two half pennies to scratch your arse with you will just have to suck it and see what happens next.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 01, 2022, 12:19:44 pm by roversdude »
I like Exeter was gutted they got promoted (sounds contradictory) because it’s always good break going down there.
Good luck to them.
Not quite sure how a thread about Paul Warne ended up in Deep Dark Devon though

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 01, 2022, 03:02:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quote of the week from Clem on Final Score.

"Paul Warne assures me he's not gone for financial reasons but wants to test
himself at the higher level".

Unbelievable Jeff!

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 01, 2022, 07:14:26 pm by Panda »
I like Exeter was gutted they got promoted (sounds contradictory) because it’s always good break going down there.
Good luck to them.
Not quite sure how a thread about Paul Warne ended up in Deep Dark Devon though

Taylor was linked with the vacant Millers job and i was making an argument as to why he wouldn't take it in a million years.

Anyway. Great to see Taylor and the Grecians get another point on the board against that piece of shit Joey Barton today.

The same Barton who during last seasons 5-3 defeat to Exeter in the Papa Johns turned to Taylor and told him that he (Barton) was rich and was going to buy Exeter and sack Taylor.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 01, 2022, 07:21:23 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Just listened to his post match interview. Sounds like he's going to accept the job offer.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 01, 2022, 07:27:14 pm by Panda »
He has just become a father so not an easy decision to make. I think the option of staying in Devon will be a hard one to ignore and he'll have job security at Exeter for the forseeable but balance that with more money and a shot at managing in the Championship, despite the fact that Rotherham are not a club equipped to stay there and therefore struggle and the threat of being sacked will always be there.

He'd be mad to leave now IMO. Especially having just got Exeter up. There will always be jobs available at bigger and better clubs than Rotherham if he hangs in there.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 01, 2022, 07:47:03 pm by tyke1962 »
What I've noticed 11 games in to our league one season is the enormous gulf in class between the top 8 and the rest of this league .

With all due respect to Exeter City as a prudent , small budget and fan owned club you can only go so far even at this level .

They'll always be the one exception of course but I'd bet fair money 11 games in the top 8 won't change at all when the 46 games are played .

It's just a question of where the top 8 will end up with 5 of those clubs remaining exactly where they are and going again next season plus 3 relegated championship sides , which could be Huddersfield , Boro and WBA .

The lad goes to Rotherham and it's a significant step up from Exeter in my opinion .

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 01, 2022, 09:37:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
He has just become a father so not an easy decision to make. I think the option of staying in Devon will be a hard one to ignore and he'll have job security at Exeter for the forseeable but balance that with more money and a shot at managing in the Championship, despite the fact that Rotherham are not a club equipped to stay there and therefore struggle and the threat of being sacked will always be there.

He'd be mad to leave now IMO. Especially having just got Exeter up. There will always be jobs available at bigger and better clubs than Rotherham if he hangs in there.

What I picked up from his interview was that he wants it, but I doubt his missus would be keen on the idea for the reasons you've stated.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 01, 2022, 09:39:40 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
What I've noticed 11 games in to our league one season is the enormous gulf in class between the top 8 and the rest of this league .

With all due respect to Exeter City as a prudent , small budget and fan owned club you can only go so far even at this level .

They'll always be the one exception of course but I'd bet fair money 11 games in the top 8 won't change at all when the 46 games are played .

It's just a question of where the top 8 will end up with 5 of those clubs remaining exactly where they are and going again next season plus 3 relegated championship sides , which could be Huddersfield , Boro and WBA .

The lad goes to Rotherham and it's a significant step up from Exeter in my opinion .

Said this to a mate earlier. 7/8 really good footballing teams in league 1.

It's a shame for Rotherham as I think whoever they'll appoint they'll struggle this season from now.

However - I've not seen a lot of them so I'm open to being wrong!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 02, 2022, 08:42:22 am by Janso »
Quote of the week from Clem on Final Score.

"Paul Warne assures me he's not gone for financial reasons but wants to test
himself at the higher level".

Unbelievable Jeff!

Surely meant higher level in terms of the club itself.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 02, 2022, 10:48:05 am by Panda »
The vacant Hull job would be a better fit for Taylor now IMO, family considerations aside.

Rotherham have reached their ceiling. Hull have a lot more scope in terms of what Taylor could achieve. Although job security at Hull would be an issue of the sacking of Arveladze is anything to go by. He'll get more time at Rotherham. But then again, he'll get even more time at Exeter.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 10:50:22 am by Panda »

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 03, 2022, 11:57:50 am by Panda »
Press conference at Sid James at 4pm today regarding Matt Taylor going to Rotherham. Many fans think it's a done deal, some holding onto the hope that Matt has been living in Devon for years, has just had a new baby arrive and his partner is a Devon lass.

Some decision to make for a job where he can't really be expected to get Rotherham any higher than they already are.

Hold my hands up to getting it massively wrong if he takes it. Didn't see him leaving the comfort and security of the safest job in the EFL for a club like Rotherham truth be told.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 03, 2022, 12:19:07 pm by roversdude »
Wilder sacked today too, would have thought he’d be a better fit at Rotherham tbh

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 03, 2022, 04:43:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Wilder sacked today too, would have thought he’d be a better fit at Rotherham tbh

Rotherham cancelled their 4pm press conference which was due to announce Taylor as gaffer.

Maybe going for Wilder?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012