Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:50:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ‘Two Poor Teams’  (Read 3753 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
‘Two Poor Teams’
« on October 01, 2022, 06:06:40 pm by belton rover »
Or, ‘we are making a crap team look good’.
I’m hearing/reading this an awful lot this season. It’s frustrating because we are exactly where we should be at the moment: a competent L2 side.
Of course the standard in league two isn’t as good as L1, and the same goes when moving up to the Championship and so on.
However, we are competing in a division that we should be in right at this time, and we are actually doing relatively well.
Let’s just enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 06:16:14 pm by belton rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Panda

• Forum Member
Re: ‘Two Poor Teams’
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2022, 06:11:01 pm by Panda »
Yes. Pleased overall to be where we are in the league despite generally unacceptable performances. The good thing is that there is room for improvement in both results and performances, especially given the inferiority of a lot of teams in this league, with due respect to them of course.

Rochdale are shit. Mansfield aren't. For example.

As long as we continue to be up at the right end of the table then that's the main thing for most fans.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2022, 06:16:49 pm by dickos1 »
Salford aren’t
Northampton aren’t
Sutton aren’t
Bradford aren’t

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2022, 06:20:06 pm by keith79 »
If your happy watching rubbish and winning happy days

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 01, 2022, 06:24:49 pm by belton rover »
No. I’m happy watching L2 football and winning.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2022, 06:27:25 pm by keith79 »
No. I’m happy watching L2 football and winning.
happy days

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2022, 06:35:22 pm by coventryrover »
  there once was a time when winning on a Saturday improved the mood

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2022, 06:42:37 pm by rich1471 »
I see were Belton is coming from yes we won and 3 points is what we set out to achieve,but the football was not good and the players should be performing better

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2022, 06:58:28 pm by Panda »
Salford aren’t
Northampton aren’t
Sutton aren’t
Bradford aren’t

Your point being?

My. You have lowered your expectations haven't you? In this LOWER league.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 01, 2022, 07:05:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
Rovers are a mystery at the moment. Made a Northampton team (who will be up there) look 2nd best, but made a Rochdale team fighting for relegation look competitive.

If we're not playing well and still winning on one level you might say fine, but for me, I would question the manager on why we're underperforming and why there are some habitual problems. Today it wasn't even habitual problems it was players (as a whole) failing to do the basics - but they also looked shot on confidence, lacking direction and lacking a little bit of motivation (first 60 minutes).

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 01, 2022, 07:08:55 pm by Panda »
We are grinding out results in spite of GM. I'm also not the only person on here to have said that. GM doesn't know what he's doing. Expect more of the same Tuesday. A sluggish performance where we might get a lucky draw before being annihilated on our own turf by Orient. Watch this space.

Anyone who thinks we are going to be pumped up for the visit of Orient is deluded. This type of aggression is not possible with GM.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 01, 2022, 07:18:38 pm by Jonathan »
We are grinding out results in spite of GM. I'm also not the only person on here to have said that. GM doesn't know what he's doing. Expect more of the same Tuesday. A sluggish performance where we might get a lucky draw before being annihilated on our own turf by Orient. Watch this space.

Anyone who thinks we are going to be pumped up for the visit of Orient is deluded. This type of aggression is not possible with GM.

Thank goodness you called for an end to the Tomlin topic so that we could engage in more positive discussion on the back of an away win.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 01, 2022, 07:29:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's not been enjoyable to watch since Darren Moore left. McCann era was better further.

There is still no signs of improvement and results are coming off the back of playing really bad teams.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 01, 2022, 07:31:48 pm by leedshayter »
Come on we all know our performances are shite !where does the blame lay ? It’s awful

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 01, 2022, 07:33:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moore got some really good results but the football wasn’t always good at all. The absurd commitment to playing out from the back and playing at the slowest possible pace, not for me.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 01, 2022, 07:44:24 pm by roversdude »
I must have been to a different game, quite enjoyed today, we played half decent other than midway through second half, we can only beat what’s in front of us

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 01, 2022, 08:02:32 pm by Bollinger »

‘In spite of GM’?

I read that comment a lot but it’s meaningless. If GM is at fault when we lose, then by whose logic does he make no contribution to a win?

Plus, none of us have any idea about his input in today’s victory. It’s been said by most that the second half performance was better than the first. Is that in spite of GM? We don’t know, but I strongly suspect it had a lot to do with GM and his team.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 01, 2022, 08:38:18 pm by normal rules »
Three words.
League two football.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 01, 2022, 09:02:25 pm by Campsall rover »

Panda what’s up. You really are coming out with some bizarre posts. Occasionally you post something quite sensible but most of them I can’t get my head round.
Look I think 90% of us would agree the Jury is still out on GM. If we win 60% of our games this season then we will almost certainly finish in the top 3
If we win at Hartlepool on Tues then that will be almost 60% of our 1st 12 games.
Winning is what counts. Yes we want better performances I agree but when they come we are going to give a few teams a belting.
2012/13 we weren’t the most attractive free flowing football team but we knew how to win football matches.

Hopefully Mansfield, Barrow & Swindon we’re a blip, but we are going to lose some games, that is certain.
It is a good side that wins when not at their best.
We haven’t seen the best yet from this team and we are 8th only 5 points off the top 3 with 35 games to play.
What’s not to like?

Oh and Panda how can you be so sure Leyton Orient are going to give us a good hiding next week?
My money is on us to take the 3 points. Just wait and see, to use your own words.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 01, 2022, 09:20:59 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Come on people lighten up, just arrived in gran canaria and found out the rover's had won.
You're not peeing on my parade,  I'm going to enjoy my night

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 01, 2022, 09:50:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've seen us play much worse than today and score more goals. But for some poor finishing we'd have been 3 up by half time.  We had a spell second half before scoring that we were off it but overall I thought we always looked like winning today.

Away from home it's about winning not dominating. If we want to go with two up top then it will mean a bit less of the ball as we are sacrificing midfield with that formation.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 01, 2022, 09:50:40 pm by Dagenham Rover »
We all want to see better performances and massacre every team 5-0.  but a grind out win with a crap performance is still 3 points same as great football and a 2-1 win  but as others say its League 2 there isnt going to be terrific football but 3 points is still 3 points

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 01, 2022, 09:57:06 pm by Panda »

Panda what’s up. You really are coming out with some bizarre posts. Occasionally you post something quite sensible but most of them I can’t get my head round.
Look I think 90% of us would agree the Jury is still out on GM. If we win 60% of our games this season then we will almost certainly finish in the top 3
If we win at Hartlepool on Tues then that will be almost 60% of our 1st 12 games.
Winning is what counts. Yes we want better performances I agree but when they come we are going to give a few teams a belting.
2012/13 we weren’t the most attractive free flowing football team but we knew how to win football matches.

Hopefully Mansfield, Barrow & Swindon we’re a blip, but we are going to lose some games, that is certain.
We haven’t seen the best yet from this team and we are 8th only 5 points off the top 3 with 35 games to play.
What’s not to like?

Oh and Panda how can you be so sure Leyton Orient are going to give us a good hiding next week?
My money is on us to take the 3 points. Just wait and see, to use your own words.

I take note of your observations Camps. Thanks.

As for Orient. I feel that Wellens will have his side well up for this and it is to be expected. I have yet to see us start a home game under McSheffrey where we have started a game like we really mean business and i fear a typical GM first half where Orient dominate and end up scoring. On this basis, there is no reason to believe that GM will have us pumped for this match from the get go. As it hasn't yet happened before.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 01, 2022, 09:57:56 pm by Draytonian III »
Some people on here want to see attractive football and Rovers win every game, but the truth isn’t going to happen.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 01, 2022, 10:10:07 pm by scawsby steve »

What’s not to like?

I take note of your observations Camps. Thanks.

As for Orient. I feel that Wellens will have his side well up for this and it is to be expected. I have yet to see us start a home game under McSheffrey where we have started a game like we really mean business and i fear a typical GM first half where Orient dominate and end up scoring. On this basis, there is no reason to believe that GM will have us pumped for this match from the get go. As it hasn't yet happened before.

It's obvious you weren't there today, Panda. We were at them right from the start, forcing 2 successive corners, and George almost scoring with a breakaway(before the sitter that he missed later on).

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 01, 2022, 11:14:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Wasn't there today so can't comment on the performance, a very welcome 3 points though.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 01, 2022, 11:20:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Panda.

You’re so confident Richie Wellens will bring his all conquering heroes (Newport County apart thus far) to the Eco & give GM’s team (my Rovers) a right drubbing.

So, I bet you £50 Rovers will beat Orient (the winnings by either of us to be donated to the Rovers academy).

You up for that?

If not, as the saying goes, you’ve not put up so shut up.

Happy to make it whatever £s you’re ‘comfortable’ with.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 01, 2022, 11:26:50 pm by Panda »
Panda.

You’re so confident Richie Wellens will bring his all conquering heroes (Newport County apart thus far) to the Eco & give GM’s team (my Rovers) a right drubbing.

So, I bet you £50 Rovers will beat Orient (the winnings by either of us to be donated to the Rovers academy).

You up for that?

If not, as the saying goes, you’ve not put up so shut up.

Happy to make it whatever £s you’re ‘comfortable’ with.

You've obviously done a lot better for yourself in life than i have so i'll go £30.

Happy to put my money where my mouth is. I will happily donate £30 to the academy if Rovers win. If Rovers lose, you donate £30 and a draw and bets are off. How's that sound?

I will send an anonymous donation to the club to be marked 'donation for the academy' if Rovers win.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 01, 2022, 11:38:14 pm by Goole Rover »
Salford aren’t
Northampton aren’t
Sutton aren’t
Bradford aren’t

Your point being?

My. You have lowered your expectations haven't you? In this LOWER league.
Why worry if he’s happy, it’s his life. Good positive view dickos 1,wish there was a few more like you.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 01, 2022, 11:43:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sounds like Rovers under Saunders.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012