Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:12:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ‘Two Poor Teams’  (Read 3754 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: ‘Two Poor Teams’
« Reply #30 on October 02, 2022, 12:22:26 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Speaking personally I don’t give a shit how we play as long as we win. We have to get out of League 2 and I don’t care if we do this by getting lucky wins.

For the record though, we weren’t lucky today. We got exactly what our play deserved…a victory.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 02, 2022, 07:49:25 am by colincramb »
It’s very hard to judge, mainly because he’s never had a fully fit a squad. However we began the season with one of the hardest starts we could have had and did well until the blip. But we’ve since regrouped and have some more inviting fixtures ahead of us and have won our last 2. A win on Tuesday puts us right back up there and then another test on Saturday. IF we were to win that, it’s a minimum six point swing on orient in 7 days.

I wonder what people would think then?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 02, 2022, 08:12:04 am by dickos1 »
It’s very hard to judge, mainly because he’s never had a fully fit a squad. However we began the season with one of the hardest starts we could have had and did well until the blip. But we’ve since regrouped and have some more inviting fixtures ahead of us and have won our last 2. A win on Tuesday puts us right back up there and then another test on Saturday. IF we were to win that, it’s a minimum six point swing on orient in 7 days.

They’d still be unhappy

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 02, 2022, 09:54:56 am by Campsall rover »
Rochdale to be fair we’re a better team than their league position would suggest.
They worked very hard to close us down and limit the space we had to play our football.
Not saying they are a good side as imo they are not.
Playing teams at the bottom is never going to be easy, Rochdale played us after 2 consecutive wins ( one yes in the Pappa Johns ) but that will have given them a lift.
If we had taken our chances early on in the game then we would have probably won 4/5 nil.
We didn’t so ended up having to work extremely hard to get the 3 points.

The important thing is we have a team capable of grinding out results and that is a very positive trait.
After last season that is very refreshing to see surely.
Anyone expecting us to play free flowing football week in week out in this league is living in cloud cookoo land.

As the season progresses with positive results and confidence grows we will then see a few games where we may take the opposition apart.
There could be 2/3 more games to come where we score 4/5 goals.

This is a big month for us. If we get 10/12 points or more from the next 6 games then we will have put ourselves into a very healthy position to challenge for the top 3 and even possibly the title.
If we only get 7/8 or less then I think we are underachieving and questions need to be asked.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:59:31 am by Campsall rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 02, 2022, 09:56:21 am by Colin C No.3 »
Panda.

You’re so confident Richie Wellens will bring his all conquering heroes (Newport County apart thus far) to the Eco & give GM’s team (my Rovers) a right drubbing.

So, I bet you £50 Rovers will beat Orient (the winnings by either of us to be donated to the Rovers academy).

You up for that?

If not, as the saying goes, you’ve not put up so shut up.

Happy to make it whatever £s you’re ‘comfortable’ with.

You've obviously done a lot better for yourself in life than i have so i'll go £30.

Happy to put my money where my mouth is. I will happily donate £30 to the academy if Rovers win. If Rovers lose, you donate £30 and a draw and bets are off. How's that sound?

I will send an anonymous donation to the club to be marked 'donation for the academy' if Rovers win.
You’re on.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 02, 2022, 10:45:46 am by Panda »
Panda.

You’re so confident Richie Wellens will bring his all conquering heroes (Newport County apart thus far) to the Eco & give GM’s team (my Rovers) a right drubbing.

So, I bet you £50 Rovers will beat Orient (the winnings by either of us to be donated to the Rovers academy).

You up for that?

You've obviously done a lot better for yourself in life than i have so i'll go £30.

Happy to put my money where my mouth is. I will happily donate £30 to the academy if Rovers win. If Rovers lose, you donate £30 and a draw and bets are off. How's that sound?

I will send an anonymous donation to the club to be marked 'donation for the academy' if Rovers win.
You’re on.

Can you just do that then? I mean just send a donation to the club and tell them it is for the academy and they'll take it? Didn't realize they could do that. Is the academy a registered charity or something?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 02, 2022, 04:18:42 pm by Lesonthewest »

They’d still be unhappy

They’d still be unhappy

But they wouldn't though would they.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 02, 2022, 04:58:08 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The performance’s are important, because if we don’t get them, then we will fall short against the better teams.
One of our problems that is causing instability, is not having a regular defensive partnership at the back. Also the midfield centrally we haven’t found our best partnership. Injuries haven’t helped the cause.

The team is adapting to a different formation. Saying all that, we haven’t done bad so far. We’ve had a tough start and come out with quite a few points. That only matters if we beat the so called lesser teams, then as others have the tougher fixtures we gain points.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 02, 2022, 08:01:15 pm by Redroy »
Rovers are a mystery at the moment. Made a Northampton team (who will be up there) look 2nd best, but made a Rochdale team fighting for relegation look competitive.

If we're not playing well and still winning on one level you might say fine, but for me, I would question the manager on why we're underperforming and why there are some habitual problems. Today it wasn't even habitual problems it was players (as a whole) failing to do the basics - but they also looked shot on confidence, lacking direction and lacking a little bit of motivation (first 60 minutes).

I am still in this camp to be honest. The performance level remains unsettling. Minimum of what I'd expect in terms of points really (in terms of expectation, maybe not when you look at quality of players).

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 02, 2022, 08:08:26 pm by dickos1 »

They’d still be unhappy

They’d still be unhappy

Well if someone had posted in the summer “if we get 20 points from the first 11 games I wonder what people will think then”

I would’ve said they’d still be unhappy and I’d be right…
Plenty of folk on here will never be happy

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 03, 2022, 08:55:28 am by Colin C No.3 »
Panda.

You up for that?

You’re on.

Can you just do that then? I mean just send a donation to the club and tell them it is for the academy and they'll take it? Didn't realize they could do that. Is the academy a registered charity or something?
It’s part of the infrastructure of the club.

Contact the ticket office & they will direct you to the right person. Tell them you wish to make a donation for the benefit of the academy.

They’ll be most grateful & you will have done something good for your club.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 03, 2022, 09:51:19 am by idler »
I made a few donations during the covid lockdown. I just rang the switchboard saying that I wanted to make a donation. A couple of minutes job with my card details and they were very grateful.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 05, 2022, 10:16:13 pm by Lesonthewest »

They’d still be unhappy

They’d still be unhappy

Well if someone had posted in the summer “if we get 20 points from the first 11 games I wonder what people will think then”

But you wouldn't be right wouldn't you, posters would have been very happy with that scenario.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 06, 2022, 05:18:09 am by dickos1 »

They’d still be unhappy

They’d still be unhappy

But you wouldn't be right wouldn't you, posters would have been very happy with that scenario.

Posters would have been very happy with that scenario???
That’s exactly the position we find ourselves in and  yourself and others are unhappy.
That’s the point

TinyPortal © 2005-2012