Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:17:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 25227 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Next manager
« Reply #390 on October 19, 2022, 09:56:08 pm by roversdude »
Where about in Doncaster is DS from

Went to Balby Carr
Same year as my nephew

Thanks Bedale

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on October 19, 2022, 10:02:10 pm by Scooter »
I’m met Danny and I like him. Seems a honest guy who works hard and wants to do well. Had a decent playing career and has put in the hard yards with his coaching. I would like to know which European club he turned down as that might give us all an idea of his potential level
If it’s him I hope he is a success

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on October 19, 2022, 10:04:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Does anyone know what his football style is, I’m not sure it can be based on his short spell with Huddersfield, surely he will have tried to keep that team playing as it was previously.

Just wondering if we have the players that can fit his style?

I had a look at a few team sheets from his Huddersfield team early this season. Formation seemed to vary a bit between a 343 and a 4141 from what I could see. Always only 1 proper striker rather than 2 up.

Not sure on style of play but think the playoff team were entertaining and high pressing and he was a 1st team Cosby that year so hopefully knows how to reproduce it

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on October 19, 2022, 10:57:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Where's the confirmation as to who the next Manager/Head Coach is?

Confirmation? Nowhere.

Certainly not from the chairman of the club however, if you can’t wait from a statement from the club then knock yourself from those ‘in the know’ on this forum but be warned, some of them would have you believe it’s X, Y or Z because they JUST KNOW (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Or perhaps they’re simply following the latest betting odds?

It could simply be that?

Now I’m all for a bit of speculation but unless your name is David Blunt then ‘telling all & sundry’ it’s Lee, it’s Schofield it’s……then shouldn’t that come with a ‘little humility’ by pre-empting any name with an “I’ve a feeling it could be X because….” or “For me it is going to be Y as he/she……..”?

Because if you come out & categorically state it is Z & it turns out not to be, then you’ve made a right t**t out of yourself for no reason other than personal vanity, or a sad need to be in the ‘spotlight’ for all too brief a moment in time.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 11:01:01 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on October 20, 2022, 02:51:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If it isn’t Graham Alexander, I would go for Michael Flynn who is currently managing Walsall. He has a win rate of about 40%, which has dropped slightly at Walsall only 35%. You have to look at Walsall though as a tough job. They have struggled for some years. He was the next big thing not so long ago. I think he would be worth negotiating with Walsall to free his services. I have a feeling he would be a good fit for us.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #395 on October 20, 2022, 05:43:26 am by Silkscarf »
Someone has been having fun on Danny’s wiki page. Maybe he’s just been the smokescreen and SODROK or King Kev will be unveiled today on the sunlit uplands of the grassy knoll beside the lake.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #396 on October 20, 2022, 07:15:46 am by The Beast »
Someone has been having fun on Danny’s wiki page. Maybe he’s just been the smokescreen and SODROK or King Kev will be unveiled today on the sunlit uplands of the grassy knoll beside the lake.
I wonder if anyone at the club has ever had the taties to get on the phone and cold call King Kev?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #397 on October 20, 2022, 07:17:46 am by RoversAlias »
Yorkshire Post now reporting that it will be Schofield, looks like an appointment is likely today.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on October 20, 2022, 07:18:51 am by DearneValleyRover »
Not long to wait for Copps to tell us all who it is

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on October 20, 2022, 07:24:55 am by 5 on Tour »
Yorkshire Post now reporting that it will be Schofield, looks like an appointment is likely today.

Based on how many times the favourite has changed in the last 24 hours is Holly joining him? Or has our favourite now been appointed Home Secretary?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on October 20, 2022, 07:27:53 am by DonnyOsmond »

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #401 on October 20, 2022, 07:55:33 am by Cramby10 »
I want to give him a chance but I can’t escape the feeling that this is an horrendous appointment should it prove to be correct. We need a man manager more than a coach at this current juncture. We have the biggest set of gutless wonders right now that need cajoling out of theirs and the clubs slump. God only knows what Copps positive mindset coaching is doing by the way.
The previous two managers had zero games of league experience before their appointment and this chap a measly 9. Something appears very very wrong at our club right now and this isn’t a time at our club for someone to cut their teeth in the game.
Whilst I certainly will not be bellowing my reservations from the stands, and hope I’m proved totally wrong, i do fear there’s a whole lot more waiting with glee, with their knives already sharpened, to do so.
The club have given those folk a bloody big stick to beat them with should this go wrong.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on October 20, 2022, 08:17:22 am by anton123 »
If it is Danny let’s all get behind him and give him the season to asses what he needs to do in the summer , get behind him and the team now , Gm has gone and I was the first to slay him most of the time but I will definitely get behind are new man with positive thinking and hopefully he gets us playing

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on October 20, 2022, 08:28:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I want to give him a chance but I can’t escape the feeling that this is an horrendous appointment should it prove to be correct. We need a man manager more than a coach at this current juncture. We have the biggest set of gutless wonders right now that need cajoling out of theirs and the clubs slump. God only knows what Copps positive mindset coaching is doing by the way.
The previous two managers had zero games of league experience before their appointment and this chap a measly 9. Something appears very very wrong at our club right now and this isn’t a time at our club for someone to cut their teeth in the game.
Whilst I certainly will not be bellowing my reservations from the stands, and hope I’m proved totally wrong, i do fear there’s a whole lot more waiting with glee, with their knives already sharpened, to do so.
The club have given those folk a bloody big stick to beat them with should this go wrong.

Maybe Orient fans think Wellens is a good man manager?

More 'experienced' man managers will have had hard times too when no doubt they would have been accused of losing the dressing room. Adkins for instance got slated at Charlton.

Who's to say DS won't be able to get his messages across?

There's no age bar in being a good coach and good communicator.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on October 20, 2022, 08:56:00 am by Upton Rover »
I really have a feeling that it will be no one that everyone has been talking about I.e DS and it will be a pleasant surprise to us all

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on October 20, 2022, 08:57:08 am by roversdude »
Really warmed to DS if it is him - whoever it is I guess they get to have a say on an assistant if we need one

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on October 20, 2022, 09:07:50 am by Metalmicky »
Many are saying that DS was poor at Huddersfield; however their 'new' man is already facing the bullet if their forum is anything to go by.... Fotheringham is apparently rubbing a few of their players up the wrong way and made a few public comments...... his coaching methodology is also derided.... a car crash of an appointment to quote one.

He's won one game in 5 and Huddersfield are still bottom.  They lost at home to Preston NE on Tuesday and registered 0 shots on target.......... Maybe DS had a harder job on at 'udders that some fans think.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on October 20, 2022, 09:17:49 am by Lifelong supporter »

Blind Faith weren't a bad group.
Don't recommend it as a way of life though.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on October 20, 2022, 09:29:46 am by Cramby10 »
Many are saying that DS was poor at Huddersfield; however their 'new' man is already facing the bullet if their forum is anything to go by.... Fotheringham is apparently rubbing a few of their players up the wrong way and made a few public comments...... his coaching methodology is also derided.... a car crash of an appointment to quote one.

He's won one game in 5 and Huddersfield are still bottom.  They lost at home to Preston NE on Tuesday and registered 0 shots on target.......... Maybe DS had a harder job on at 'udders that some fans think.
if it were a hard job at udders then what do you think ours is? I would say it’s a whole lot harder. The rot has set in here and is going to take a lot to turn the tide.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #409 on October 20, 2022, 09:41:44 am by Metalmicky »

if it were a hard job at udders then what do you think ours is? I would say it’s a whole lot harder. The rot has set in here and is going to take a lot to turn the tide.

Who knows... ?..... my point was that the job he was put into at udders wasn't a walk in the park.....

I personally wouldn't say any rot has set in at Rovers and sometimes it just takes a tweak or two to turn the tide.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on October 20, 2022, 10:57:43 am by normal rules »
Seems I wasn’t far out with just the second post on this thread.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on October 20, 2022, 02:17:38 pm by ncRover »
Coughlan gone to Newport

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on October 21, 2022, 01:15:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
'His record' covers 10 games. Is that even a record?

They used to only print league tables after ten games at one point. Vastly experienced compared to the last guy ;)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #413 on October 21, 2022, 08:20:59 am by Dare to dream! »
From Copps interview, sounds like we may have appointed him in the summer had he not got the Hudds main job.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on October 21, 2022, 08:33:59 am by Chris Black come back »
This is what we were all asking for - a football man identifying a future manager and following their career, long term approach. He may ended up failing but the process this time seems a lot more credible. Only wrinkle is that Copps would have been involved in summer recruitment which was average at best, so hope his judgement is right here.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #415 on October 21, 2022, 08:43:29 am by mugnapper »
If we’d waited 24 hours, we could have appointed Liz Truss.
Superb Management skills are interchangeable between industries you know.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #416 on October 21, 2022, 08:56:54 am by ravenrover »
Or better still the lettuce

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #417 on October 21, 2022, 09:50:36 am by idler »
Or better still the lettuce
I’m sure that would slug it out better than she did. :chair:

mugnapper