Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:30:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hell of a lot better  (Read 5457 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Hell of a lot better
« Reply #90 on October 27, 2022, 01:51:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Point is more that Pep hasn't gone for a number 9 because they are desperate for one but because Haaland is so exceptional. He wouldn't have resorted to a number 9 type unless they were so exceptional.

Think the word resorted just makes it sound like City had to give up playing without a proper striker and go for a number 9 which isn't really the case

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on October 29, 2022, 09:31:29 pm by roversdude »
Are we allowed to be satisfied with a win and work in progress - just asking because our usual doom merchants seem to have gone missing

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 29, 2022, 09:49:11 pm by Silkscarf »
Strangely I thought Tuesday was a more exciting performance even though we lost. Today we did well enough and won, but it feels like there is much more to come from the team. The confidence is there and so is the joy in playing (and watching). Everyone looks better. Credit to DS. That’s his job and he’s hit the ground running.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on October 29, 2022, 10:05:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are we allowed to be satisfied with a win and work in progress - just asking because our usual doom merchants seem to have gone missing

I think they were sat behind me at the game today......

Very good start for the new manager imo.  Good patterns of play, organised and confident.  It feels like the start of something very good. It needs work but this much from the start just proves really how badly it was going.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 29, 2022, 10:13:28 pm by monkeytennis »

[/quote]

I think they were sat behind me at the game today......

[/quote]

South stand? Honestly if I had £1 for every time I hear ‘Gerrit forward’ or some squeaky voiced kid say ‘forward noooooow’ I’d be retiring tomorrow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012