Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:03:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Are Bounty chocolate bars any good?

Yes
43 (71.7%)
No
17 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: November 10, 2022, 09:14:46 am

Author Topic: Bounty Chocolate Bars  (Read 2537 times)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
Re: Bounty Chocolate Bars
« Reply #30 on November 03, 2022, 09:49:05 pm by mugnapper »
A question here, for which there's no logical explanation.

Why did it take so long for a blue Smartie to be introduced?

My wife used to make me take the blue smarties out of the tube as she reckoned they sent my youngest daughter bonkers.
We later found out that she actually was bonkers and Smarties had nowt to do with it.

On a different matter, I used to love smarties, but they don’t taste the same nowadays, too much sweetener I think.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 03, 2022, 11:29:09 pm by les@donr »
Can't eat dark choc, a migraine trigger. I always enjoyed milk choc bounty, available here in Canada!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 04, 2022, 12:01:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
Why was the pirate wearing a hat made of chocolate?

He had a bounty on his head.

:coat:
What's the difference between a coconut and a pirate?

One is thick and hairy, and the other one's a tropical fruit.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 04, 2022, 09:19:10 am by IDM »
Absolutely love Bounty bars with milk chocolate. If they take them out of the Celebrations(or whichever they’re in) I will be mortified!
Never fear, if they do you could always get a tin of Quality Street. The chocolate coconuts are in the green wrapper I think.

Blue methinks.

But that reminds me of the age old debate - what is the correct packaging colour for salt and vinegar flavour snacks, blue or green?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 04, 2022, 02:50:34 pm by BobG »
I just looked on your discontinued chocolates link Phil. I didn't see Caramac on there. Or Milky Bars. Does that mean I could still buy 'em somewhere??! Oh. And what about Fry's Peppermint Cream? I haven't seen one of them in decades either.

BobG

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 04, 2022, 04:53:11 pm by phil old leake »
That is just a link I found.  I think you can still buy caramac. My good lady bought me some not too long ago    I quite certain you can still get Milky Way. 
I’m going to show my age now.  I can remember going to theseeet shop in Cantley with my mum after school. Everyone called it the wooden hut near sycamore school.  If my memory serves me right 4 sports mixtures were 1/2 an old penny the same as fruit salads. Penny toffee chews were a penny

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 04, 2022, 04:55:00 pm by BobG »
I meant the Milky Bar that the Milky Bar Kid used to advertise Phil not Milky Ways. I havent seen them for a while either mind!

I'll have to google Caramac and Frys Peppermint Cream though. Haven't hjad them in aeons!

BobG

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 04, 2022, 05:47:31 pm by belton rover »
Someone on here (sorry, not sure who) recommended chucking a Bounty into a curry. That has revolutionised my Saturday night home made curries.
I do also like eating them by nibbling the chocolate off first, then enjoying the stodgy coconut separately. 

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 04, 2022, 06:00:07 pm by belton rover »
Count Arthur and JS. Legends.

https://youtu.be/KleEVpDU6Ys

I know I’m not your favourite person, Tommy, but at least we have one thing in common: Count Arthur Strong is probably my all time favourite comedy character. From Radio 4, to BBC1 (disgraceful that they axed it, yet keep going with Mrs Brown’s Boys) and his theatre shows. Steve Delaney is an absolute comic genius.
I suspose you might not want to respond, but it’s warmed my heart a bit

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 04, 2022, 06:41:20 pm by knockers »
Quote from: belton rover link=topic=286358.msg1198208#msg1198208
I do also like eating them by nibbling the chocolate off first, then enjoying the stodgy coconut separately. 
[/quote

That’s how I eat mine!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 05, 2022, 05:14:08 am by phil old leake »
Bounty bar melted into a home made curry sounds like something to try

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 05, 2022, 08:12:39 am by normal rules »
We won’t be buying celebrations any more.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 05, 2022, 08:27:48 am by mugnapper »
Someone on here (sorry, not sure who) recommended chucking a Bounty into a curry. That has revolutionised my Saturday night home made curries.

I’m sorry Belton. I started this thread as a bit of light entertainment and to try get another thread where we can have a laugh without slagging each other off.
Look I’ve even managed to get you and TT on the verge of ceasing hostilities and having a private candlelit curry together.
But after your comment above, I’m afraid you should be locked up and whoever told you to put a Bounty in a curry should be burnt at the stake!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 08:30:52 am by mugnapper »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 05, 2022, 08:34:38 am by belton rover »

I’m sorry Belton. I started this thread as a bit of light entertainment and to try get another thread where we can have a laugh without slagging each other off.
Look I’ve even managed to get you and TT on the verge of ceasing hostilities and having a private candlelit curry together.
But after your comment above, I’m afraid you should be locked up and whoever told you to put a Bounty in a curry should be burnt at the stake!!
Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it, mug.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 05, 2022, 08:37:54 am by belton rover »
I just looked on your discontinued chocolates link Phil. I didn't see Caramac on there. Or Milky Bars. Does that mean I could still buy 'em somewhere??! Oh. And what about Fry's Peppermint Cream? I haven't seen one of them in decades either.

BobG

Caramac definitely still around, just not as popular. Strangley, I often find it in the cheaper shops: Home Bargains etc.
It’s another favourite of mine.

Wow - this thread really is bringing us together.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 05, 2022, 08:51:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
I always go to Home Bargains in Barnsley for my chocolate. The Kit-Kats have 6 fingers.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 05, 2022, 09:02:13 am by mugnapper »

BobG

Caramac definitely still around, just not as popular. Strangley, I often find it in the cheaper shops: Home Bargains etc.
It’s another favourite of mine.

Wow - this thread really is bringing us together.

My work here is done lol

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 05, 2022, 09:40:01 am by IDM »

We put a few chunks of quality dark chocolate into our chili, which works, so a bounty in a curry is a possibiliy.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 05, 2022, 01:19:38 pm by Janso »

We put a few chunks of quality dark chocolate into our chili, which works, so a bounty in a curry is a possibiliy.

It's a great addition. I was the one who recommended it so glad to see others are enjoying it.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 05, 2022, 02:12:57 pm by Bollinger »
Count Arthur and JS. Legends.

https://youtu.be/KleEVpDU6Ys

I know I’m not your favourite person, Tommy, but at least we have one thing in common: Count Arthur Strong is probably my all time favourite comedy character. From Radio 4, to BBC1 (disgraceful that they axed it, yet keep going with Mrs Brown’s Boys) and his theatre shows. Steve Delaney is an absolute comic genius.

Thank God it’s not just me….

I was listening to Count Arthur years ago when he was a guest on Mark Radcliffe’s late night radio prog. It was during a World Cup and Mark asked him which team he would be supporting and he said ‘Doncaster Rovers  of course’. He has referred to them since.

I went to a Q&A event featuring Steve Delaney and Graham Linehan when the TV series was launched and I got the chance to ask Steve Delaney if he was a DRFC fan or just Count Arthur.

Count Arthur is definitely which will do for me. Steve Delaney was a bit cryptic about who he supported but the hint was it was Leeds, but it’s one Leeds supporter I can forgive.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 05, 2022, 03:22:28 pm by belton rover »
Count Arthur is from Donny, Steve Delaney is from Leeds.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 05, 2022, 06:17:38 pm by phil old leake »
Can people remember when kids sweets were cheap.  I remember as a primary school kid going to the Wooden Hut in Cantley after school.  Sports mixture 4 for 1/2 pence if I remember correctly.   Same with black jacks and fruit salads.  Penny toffee was a penny. 

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 05, 2022, 06:20:55 pm by belton rover »
Can people remember when kids sweets were cheap.  I remember as a primary school kid going to the Wooden Hut in Cantley after school.  Sports mixture 4 for 1/2 pence if I remember correctly.   Same with black jacks and fruit salads.  Penny toffee was a penny. 

How much was penny toffee?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 06, 2022, 01:16:03 am by BobG »
If Caramac is available  (who makes it btw??!) I will subscribe to a ceasefire :):):)

Cheers everyone

BobG

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 06, 2022, 03:34:29 pm by Sprotyrover »
I once found a farthing and went to the shop. Could buy either a fruit salad or a Blackjack Circa 1966

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 06, 2022, 03:36:07 pm by Sprotyrover »
German, Swiss and Belgian chocolate put our stuff to shame.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 06, 2022, 06:50:56 pm by BobG »
But ours, happily, is light years better than that awful muck produced by Hershey.

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 06, 2022, 06:56:35 pm by SydneyRover »

my old man used to call them spice

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 06, 2022, 07:07:45 pm by idler »

my old man used to call them spice
He'd make a fortune selling spice these days Syd.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012