Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:47:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I would be  (Read 1481 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
I would be
« on December 28, 2022, 04:15:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Looking to make changes for the Rochdale game, after the debacle at Tranmere. To lose to a side so heavily. A side with a lack of confidence worse than our own, just isn’t good enough.
We have two home games now, however we do it, we need at least four points to start turning things around.

Consistency of selection and performance is needed. I’m sure in the January window we have to be looking at bringing 3-4 players in. Things haven’t turned around results wise since Danny took over, apart from odd results. Some of these players will get him the sack if he doesn’t watch it.

It calls for ruthless decisions for the benefit of the club in getting some of these players out of the building. That squad on paper should be in the play offs at a minimum. They are not performing and the manager so far is finding it a tough ask to get any consistency out of them, only the bad kind.

I would go with this side against Rochdale

Mitchell

Anderson.    Long

Knoyle.                                    Maxwell

Clayton.         Close

Hurst.           Biggins                  Molyneux

Miller.         

Subs Woltman, Agard, Griffiths, Taylor(if fit), Ravenhill, R Williams, Jones.

I would rather select two up front, but playing two in midfield with what we have gives us no chance of winning the midfield battle.
So I would go with Biggins playing just off of Miller, and I would play the wingers on their proper side, with room to alternate.

We have to be looking to move the ball quicker. In our own half be less precise. Make sure the chances with the ball are taken in their half. Until he brings players in he has to adapt to what his side is capable of.

We can’t play short passes around in our own half, therefore you put players in the side who you can target to give the ball to, to get you going. Clayton should be doing better with his distribution, with this side he would have Molyneux and Hurst wide to aim for. You want Biggins making runs into the box. Miller needs some service. Give him it and we score goals.

Knoyle and Maxwell can carry a ball, look to feed them rather than centre halves that aren’t comfortable with it. Slow, monotonous passing will get us nowhere. Look forward, be positive and forget previous games. Look to win these two home games coming up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

edlored

• Forum Member
Re: I would be
« Reply #1 on December 28, 2022, 09:31:05 am by edlored »
With no pace no chance

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 28, 2022, 11:20:15 am by ravenrover »
2 wide wingers and no support for George, Biggins playing further forward leaving midfield 2 hopelessly overwhelmed recipe for disaster JMHO

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 28, 2022, 12:08:09 pm by Colin C No.3 »
                                Mitchell

Anderson             Long

Knoyle                                           Maxwell

Biggins            Close

Hurst                                       Molyneaux

Miller        Woltman

Miller needs someone in his ‘eye line’ he can play off. Instruct Woltman to make runs to ‘pull’ defenders away from Miller (he had 3 on & around him against Tranmere).

Molyneaux needs to get to the byline at every opportunity & mix his crosses, high then whipped low into the box.

Hurst is well capable of taking on & beating players. We need him to get shots off at every opportunity.

Biggins & Close can read the game. DON’T give the ball away cheaply when in possession. Don’t play it backwards unless there is ABSOLUTELY no other alternative.

Knoyle & Maxwell will have to run 12k. They need to get forward to support when we have the ball & look for their two front wide men.

Anderson & Long need to defend as though this was a ‘Final’ & their last game in professional football.

Mitchell needs to release the ball much, much quicker & if he rolls it to Anderson who then plays it back to him I’d substitute the pair of them immediately!

Rochdale, who the heck are they?!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 28, 2022, 12:18:21 pm by Campsall rover »
We played 2 centre midfielders at Grimsby. Close and Biggins. We won 3-1

Dominated the midfield. Played both Hurst and Molyneux wide with Miller up front.

We actually played 3-4-3

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 28, 2022, 12:23:07 pm by Campsall rover »
                                Mitchell

Anderson             Long

Knoyle                                           Maxwell

Biggins            Close

Hurst                                       Molyneaux

Miller        Woltman

Miller needs someone in his ‘eye line’ he can play off. Instruct Woltman to make runs to ‘pull’ defenders away from Miller (he had 3 on & around him against Tranmere).

Molyneaux needs to get to the byline at every opportunity & mix his crosses, high then whipped low into the box.

Hurst is well capable of taking on & beating players. We need him to get shots off at every opportunity.

Biggins & Close can read the game. DON’T give the ball away cheaply when in possession. Don’t play it backwards unless there is ABSOLUTELY no other alternative.

Knoyle & Maxwell will have to run 12k. They need to get forward to support when we have the ball & look for their two front wide men.

Anderson & Long need to defend as though this was a ‘Final’ & their last game in professional football.

Mitchell needs to release the ball much, much quicker & if he rolls it to Anderson who then plays it back to him I’d substitute the pair of them immediately!

Rochdale, who the heck are they?!
Same team for me but Agard not Woltman.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 28, 2022, 02:35:47 pm by Bessie Red »
I think you're being a bit unfair on Charlie Seaman, over the last two games he has been probably our best player. I think he deserves another start.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 28, 2022, 02:40:55 pm by anton123 »
I think you're being a bit unfair on Charlie Seaman, over the last two games he has been probably our best player. I think he deserves another start.
As Apposed to Kyle who has been player of the season ? No thanks Kyle at rb , wb for me please

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 28, 2022, 02:46:50 pm by Bessie Red »
As Apposed to Kyle who has been player of the season ? No thanks Kyle at rb , wb for me please
Doesn't have to be Knoyle or Seaman, play them both!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 28, 2022, 03:00:28 pm by Lesonthewest »
Back to basics for me, 2 banks of 4 & a though shalt not pass attitude, get the ball forward quicker, & build from there. These players need to stand up & be counted.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 28, 2022, 03:35:12 pm by Canadian Rover »
Woltman wasn't in the squad and Danny didn't elaborate (nor was he asked) he didn't mention injury though. Possibly he's gone back to Liverpool?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 28, 2022, 04:14:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Back to basics for me, 2 banks of 4 & a though shalt not pass attitude, get the ball forward quicker, & build from there. These players need to stand up & be counted.

How is it back to basics for the players if most of their careers they've played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 28, 2022, 05:42:31 pm by ravenrover »
Are you saying a professional footballer is unable to adapt to a different system be it basic or otherwise?? Good grief!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 28, 2022, 05:46:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Are you saying a professional footballer is unable to adapt to a different system be it basic or otherwise?? Good grief!

No, no I'm not. Oddly enough, that's what some on here are doing in suggesting our players can't play Schofield's system. Good grief!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 28, 2022, 05:56:00 pm by ravenrover »
The provlem there is our players aren't capable of playing the system DF wants, therein lies the difference and the problem Good grief!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 28, 2022, 05:57:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The provlem there is our players aren't capable of playing the system DF wants, therein lies the difference and the problem Good grief!

Please see below post...

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 28, 2022, 06:46:14 pm by Retdon1 »
Stop this 3-4-3 system. Schofield needs to realise he’s coaching league 2 players and not championship. We haven’t got good enough players to play out from the back. Although not the norm these days, I would go 4-4-2. Hurst and Molyneux on the wings with with Agard or Griffiths up supporting Miller. And please just have a go and get bodies forward. If we get beat playing attacking football and actually trying to score goals then so be it

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 28, 2022, 07:10:03 pm by Lesonthewest »

How is it back to basics for the players if most of their careers they've played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

Because it's the easiest system to play,  & surely this lot can understand the basics of it. Cut out the tippy tappy crap, that's for another time.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 28, 2022, 07:21:07 pm by donnievic »
Woltman wasn't in the squad and Danny didn't elaborate (nor was he asked) he didn't mention injury though. Possibly he's gone back to Liverpool?
deffo not gone back he was warming up before game at tranmere

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 28, 2022, 08:12:52 pm by ravenrover »

Please see below post...

And?
Players can adapt but if you are not good enough to play the system............

TinyPortal © 2005-2012