Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:43:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Zahawi  (Read 5309 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Zahawi
« Reply #120 on January 26, 2023, 08:51:46 pm by SydneyRover »
If I'm allowed to speak, sunak has yet to reveal his own tax returns as promised on a couple of occasions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 26, 2023, 08:54:12 pm by ncRover »
No active arguments in off topic whilst the main forum descends in to chaos. Fancy that!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on January 27, 2023, 02:27:23 am by SydneyRover »
''Earlier, Mr Harra, the chief executive of HMRC, gave evidence to the Commons Public Accounts Committee about managing tax compliance following the pandemic.

The MPs also quizzed him about Mr Zahawi's tax arrangements.

He said he would not comment on specific individuals, but added: "There are no penalties for innocent errors in your tax affairs. So if you take reasonable care, but nevertheless make a mistake, whilst you will be liable for the tax and for interest if it's paid late, you would not be liable for a penalty''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-64410490

It doesn't sound complicated to me, in fact very straight forward, but stupidly when I read that zahawi said 'careless' I thought he was referring to how HMRC had interpreted it, nothing of the sort he was dodging tax.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:25:51 am by SydneyRover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on January 27, 2023, 10:05:15 am by ravenrover »
Nadhim Zahawi faces questions over source of £30m unsecured loans to wife’s property company
QUESTION Are we now entering the realms of criminal activity? Money laundering rules state you have to give the source of funds to buy property.

mugnapper

• Forum Member

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 27, 2023, 12:26:36 pm by Ldr »
Re Zahawi. Why would a man worth 'up to £100 million' (quote  Daily Express); bother with a job that pays him £100k a year? It's like King Charles getting a paper round.
Is it :-
A) An overwhelming desire to improve the living standards of all UK citizens or
B) Be in a position to influence decisions that will make himself and his kind, even richer?

You don’t get into politics at that level unless you are on the take would be my opinion

Absolute nonsense.

The vast majority of senior ministers on both sides, throughout recent history haven't been "on the take".

The problem is, so many basic standards have slipped in recent years (and I mean just the last few) that it's become normalised to think they are all crooks, spivs or liars.

They aren't. Most of them are decent, honest and hard working, even the ones I think are talentless.

It's this attitude that beds in the chance of chancers running the country. If people believe that all politicians are bent, what's the incentive for a politician to stay straight?

I want to believe politicians aren’t bent, I just find it impossible to do so

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on January 27, 2023, 02:20:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why. There are loads of examples of ones who aren't. You are judging all of them by the worst examples.

There's absolutely no reason to think that Sunak is "bent". Similarly, Starmer.

Is Angela Rayner bent? Or Jeremy Hunt? Was Corbyn? Or Gordon Brown?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 27, 2023, 04:44:16 pm by danumdon »
Why. There are loads of examples of ones who aren't. You are judging all of them by the worst examples.

There's absolutely no reason to think that Sunak is "bent". Similarly, Starmer.

Is Angela Rayner bent? Or Jeremy Hunt? Was Corbyn? Or Gordon Brown?

So your now hanging your hat on the above quotes.

Do you think you can say the same about all named individuals in regard to them enabling and providing cover for "bent" MP's to prosper, subconsciously or not?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on January 27, 2023, 05:37:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DD.

You know about bent MPs. Give us some examples then, outside the obvious ones that we are discussing.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 27, 2023, 06:57:12 pm by danumdon »
DD.

You know about bent MPs. Give us some examples then, outside the obvious ones that we are discussing.

So you can't or won't answer my question.

Telling.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 27, 2023, 07:07:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DD

I haven't got the foggiest what your question means.

You apparently want me to give an opinion on something there is no evidence for.

What do you expect me to say?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 27, 2023, 07:17:36 pm by danumdon »
Answered absolutely as expected.

Now isn't that a surprise!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 27, 2023, 07:31:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm genuinely baffled.

How am I supposed to answer the question you put? You want me to give an opinion on what goes on in the subconscious minds of people I've never met? And then you have a pop when I decline to answer?

Things have just got very surreal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 29, 2023, 12:16:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sunak said at PMQs this week that no-one informed him that Zahawi had a problem with the tax office when Sunak gave him a Cabinet post in October.

Looks like he lied.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1619362257275879426

In normal times, a PM lying to the House is a resigning issue. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on January 29, 2023, 12:32:51 am by SydneyRover »
a rishi sunk

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on January 29, 2023, 09:42:13 am by ravenrover »
Gone!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 29, 2023, 09:50:00 am by Donnywolf »
Hi risk anus .... finally gets tough

Whoooooo

Gove now saying he's strong and taken decisive action after an Independent Investigation ( yeah right )

He can't start Investigations unilaterally but has to wait to be asked by PM hi risk anus

As we have seen the PM can totally disagree with the findings or agree with them but as Johnson did   say we have had an apology and we are moving on

Very ding dang Independent eh
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:58:23 am by Donnywolf »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on January 29, 2023, 12:11:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As ever, the Hogarth of our era gets it bang on the money.

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1619649299846991873?s=20&t=QMiqiAkN4qB9EA2o--OWuA

The man is a genius.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on January 29, 2023, 03:31:04 pm by ravenrover »
I wonder who the 2nd MP is that HMRC are investigating?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on January 29, 2023, 06:40:24 pm by Filo »
After all this he is still entitled to be referred to as The Right Honourable

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on January 29, 2023, 07:06:21 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Surely  now is the time to call a general election to get shut of them and before they do anymore damage

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on January 29, 2023, 08:40:55 pm by SydneyRover »
A tax cheat of this magnitude shouldn't be allowed be allowed to sit in parliament when there isn't enough money to pay track work supervisors enough money.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on January 29, 2023, 09:06:33 pm by roverstillidie91 »
A tax cheat of this magnitude shouldn't be allowed be allowed to sit in parliament when there isn't enough money to pay track work supervisors enough money.
The Sun, Daily Mail or daily express, the right wing press will vilify rail workers (i am one myself) for wanting a pay rise and people get fixated with the pay it is also the conditions as well but it is fine to uncap bankers bonuses and it's alright for MP's to get a 28% pay rise over 13 years.

They also make you believe that there are less people commuting on trains. When looking at the trains now from where I work they look perfectly busy to me.

I went to a game with my nephew to see Sheffield United, with a rail card it was £7.20 return to Kirk Sandall so it is still a real cheap way of travelling compared to going in the car.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on January 30, 2023, 10:42:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Very telling comment on R4 this morning by a Tory MP defending Sunak.

He said the inquiry had been the right thing to do "because it uncovered new evidence".

As far as I can see, the only new evidence brought to light is that Zahawi must have known before 15 July that he was under investigation, but insisted he didn't know that. Everything else was already in the public domain.

Why is this important?

Because it is inconceivable that Sunak was unaware of Zahawi's tax inquiry when he appointed him to the Cabinet in October. Which shows why Sunak couldn't sack Zahawi without the inquiry. How can you sack someone for something you knew about when you appointed him?

So Sunak needed the fig leaf of the standards inquiry to give him a cause to fire Zahawi.

At the very least, there's been a massive error of judgement by Sunak. Which is why Labour are going to hammer the point all week.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on January 30, 2023, 10:58:48 am by SydneyRover »
''Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability'' LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGr_r5n4V4

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on January 30, 2023, 11:56:53 am by ravenrover »
The "new evidence" which even surprised Dan Niedle? Was how long this had been dragging on for, didn't it all start in 2021? and Nadz had had several opportunities to record his "carelessness" which resulted in his several breaches of the Ministerial Code.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on January 30, 2023, 01:50:23 pm by ravenrover »
Ritchie now has a dilemma, who to appoint Party Chairman
Should it be Fiona Bruce or Laura Kuenssberg?

Curtesy Twitter

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on January 30, 2023, 02:56:07 pm by Donnywolf »
Go back to Dowdy Dowden or hearten Zahawi by appointing 3 names Shapps

Even after that he rose to the heights of Tory Chairman so will make Zahawi thinking he too can look forward to it too

You couldn't make this stuff up

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on January 30, 2023, 02:59:21 pm by ravenrover »
Don't worry says Braverman you'll get your new job in 6 days time, be patient like I was Oh and just say you're sorry like I did

TinyPortal © 2005-2012