Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:02:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positives?  (Read 2936 times)

donnybez

• Forum Member
Re: Positives?
« Reply #30 on February 06, 2023, 09:47:15 am by donnybez »
I mentioned on another thread that I was really struggling to see anything positive about the club at the moment.

1st team squad is poor,

Results are not good enough,

Stadium is filthy and run down (despite being told a few years ago that taking the stadium maintenance in house from an Facilities Management company would be a good thing),

League position terrible,

Fan/club relationship poor and eroding quickly

Communication virtually none existent.

Food outlets, enough said

What is there that club are actually proud of at the moment?

Being sustainable is about it but that appears to be at the detriment to all the above

Well the club's community functions are genuinely strong I'd argue.

But on the field?... we can still have 11 people out on the field on a matchday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 06, 2023, 11:05:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Exactly Silkscarf!

Some people just love to be unhappy and moan at everything, even when stuffs going well they ain’t happy.

A bit of positivity towards the team might help.

I’m guilty as the next guy of being down and uninspired by this lot, but you have a point, the Everton fans yesterday put aside their issues with their board and gave their team 90 minutes of constant support, our fan base could learn a lesson from that

I think we're going to need that. Whatever we think and debate about how we got here, DS and those players are all we've got right now.

I suspect things will come to a head behind the scenes sooner rather than later. There are good people at the club and many associated with it doing the best they can at the moment. They are not immune from feeling the pain and frustration too.

It's easy to feel sorry for ourselves and run away or hide for a while but, we need to dig deep and find the resolve to help those players keep us in this league first and foremost. I do actually think the players are capable and we should get behind them. Be as positive as we can to make a difference. Some might think staying away might force change but I'm not sure that's going to help at the moment.

There's alot of noise and some have been very vociferous about wanting new ownership or investment. Look at it like this, if you were trying to attract a new girlfriend after being scorned, you have to put a brave face on and look your best to stand any chance of appealing to someone new.

Stick our chests out, wear the badge with pride. We are the club, we represent the club and we're needed now, not when it's too late.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 07, 2023, 09:06:19 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The club might be doing well behind the scenes but it isn’t on the pitch as we all know. You are judged on what’s happening on the pitch. Not many have any interest in what is happening at board level. If the team is performing nobody really cares whether the chairman attends the game or not. The eleven on the pitch are the main thing.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 07, 2023, 01:42:48 pm by Lesonthewest »
I'm sure all of us on this forum give our full support to the players once we are in the ground, that's a given, no matter what's said on here.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 07, 2023, 04:08:40 pm by drfchound »
They should do Les but all too often I hear SOME fans berating individual players during the games.
One thing I think is funny though is when the daft lads sing “we’ve got super Danny Schofield, he knows exactly what we need, RoShaun at the back, Miller attack” etc and then within a few minutes are giving RSW loads of verbals.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 09, 2023, 04:04:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
Interesting to make reference to Everton fans, but the reality is they’d just sacked their manager and brought in a manager who they must have thought they could get behind.

Not something we did after GM!

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 10, 2023, 10:49:50 am by Bailey Vickerage »
They should do Les but all too often I hear SOME fans berating individual players during the games.
One thing I think is funny though is when the daft lads sing “we’ve got super Danny Schofield, he knows exactly what we need, RoShaun at the back, Miller attack” etc and then within a few minutes are giving RSW loads of verbals.
and some are starting to get on Millers back aswell because he’s not scoring atm, even tho he’s not scoring he still puts a proper shift and his all round game is very good, his hold up play especially getting a lot better imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012