Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:00:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bums on seats  (Read 4004 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Bums on seats
« Reply #30 on February 25, 2023, 09:50:09 pm by pib »
I've counted 6 FB posts from the club about the Bradford game, all going out to 122,000 followers.

However, we all know the best marketing resources are results and us. Most of the additional fans who turn up today will be occasionals who follow Rovers, know the score in germs of ticketing etc but might not have been to the Eco for a while.

Whilst we're on the subject of toilets, they're a damn sight better than those at Belle Vue and much better than many around the football league.

Come on Baz. I’m talking about promoting tickets. Not who the match officials are or what Harrison Biggins thinks is going to happen, or that car parking is sold out.

Like it or not, people need spoon feeding, and there wasn’t one tweet or Facebook post in the week building up to the game with a link to where to buy tickets, or to directly encourage people to buy them. That’s piss poor and a missed opportunity for me. Defend it all you like.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 25, 2023, 10:44:49 pm by Daniel_Smith »
I think the media team have a lot to answer for at the moment, stealing a wage

Most are volunteers.

Think only one on the payroll is Liam.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2023, 09:55:28 am by NickDRFC »
I've counted 6 FB posts from the club about the Bradford game, all going out to 122,000 followers.

However, we all know the best marketing resources are results and us. Most of the additional fans who turn up today will be occasionals who follow Rovers, know the score in germs of ticketing etc but might not have been to the Eco for a while.

Whilst we're on the subject of toilets, they're a damn sight better than those at Belle Vue and much better than many around the football league.

Come on Baz. I’m talking about promoting tickets. Not who the match officials are or what Harrison Biggins thinks is going to happen, or that car parking is sold out.

Like it or not, people need spoon feeding, and there wasn’t one tweet or Facebook post in the week building up to the game with a link to where to buy tickets, or to directly encourage people to buy them. That’s piss poor and a missed opportunity for me. Defend it all you like.

It’s ok with fans shrugging their shoulders and saying it could be worse but it feels like that’s the attitude at the club as well when really they should be more introspective and hold themselves to account over such poor standards.

You’re not talking about a high cost campaign here; in the same way as marginal gains can make a big difference on the pitch we have to squeeze every last drop out of what we can and like you I think a more organised/engaging and less apathetic social media output could make a small yet valuable difference.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 09:58:42 am by NickDRFC »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2023, 10:00:36 am by pib »

It’s ok with fans shrugging their shoulders and saying it could be worse but it feels like that’s the attitude at the club as well when really they should be more introspective and hold themselves to account over such poor standards.

You’re not talking about a high cost PPC or SEO campaign here; in the same way as marginal gains can make a big difference on the pitch we have to squeeze every last drop out of what we can and like you I think a more organised/engaging and less apathetic social media output could make a small yet valuable difference.

It could even be worth trying a PPC campaign, but we’re a million miles away from that when we don’t even promote ticket sales with organic posts. But apparently that’s acceptable if we put out a few half-arsed tweets about the match officials etc.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 09, 2023, 12:25:03 pm by pib »
I am a big defender of the club but I can see why people think there is an apathy from those involved.
Did you get a reply Pib

Nothing yet but I'll post an update if someone emails back.

Update... there is no update. Didn't hear back from the club about this.

Not sure I really expected to, but there are enough high-horse types on here who tell anyone who voices a critical opinion to "contact the club rather than moaning"... there's your outcome.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 09, 2023, 12:40:21 pm by ian1980 »
Just another example of the total apathy that’s set in throughout the whole club

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 10, 2023, 07:54:04 am by ncRover »
I am a big defender of the club but I can see why people think there is an apathy from those involved.
Did you get a reply Pib

Nothing yet but I'll post an update if someone emails back.

Update... there is no update. Didn't hear back from the club about this.

Not sure I really expected to, but there are enough high-horse types on here who tell anyone who voices a critical opinion to "contact the club rather than moaning"... there's your outcome.

A few that only post after we win goading those with any criticism have been awfully quiet.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 10, 2023, 09:32:46 am by ravenrover »
Letting you and your colleagues have your time in the spotlight perhaps? No one can defend that performance on Tuesday

TinyPortal © 2005-2012