Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:34:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black and Yellow Banner.  (Read 2438 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Black and Yellow Banner.
« Reply #30 on February 26, 2023, 09:01:19 pm by EasyforDennis »
Talking of banners. What happened to the big DRFC one? Whenever we get one its seems to appear for a couple of games then suddenly vanishes never to be seen again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 26, 2023, 09:19:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Few-tile attempts at Sack the Board at start of game also.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2023, 09:30:02 pm by rich1471 »
If that banner cost £500 I feel they can no longer complain at the club not investing money wisely.
it will not have cost no more than £100 or someone has been ripped off

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2023, 09:51:45 pm by drfchound »
You say there is way more than 20, but the ones I’ve seen shouting and bellyaching they all look like they’ve got classes in the morning

I’m not sure how that restricts them to 20 in number.
Most of them look quite young to me too but there are some older ones in the group.
The two big lads who took the banner away looked about 25 to 30 but they are by no means the oldest.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2023, 10:08:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If that banner cost £500 I feel they can no longer complain at the club not investing money wisely.
it will not have cost no more than £100 or someone has been ripped off

If it cost that, then someone has ripped £400 off the crowdfunders and put it in their back pocket.

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2023, 10:09:09 pm by WantleyDragon »
“Via Twitter and email “  by whom ?
Anyone can ask a question that way including non Rovers supporters
Yes,  but they wouldn't get a response.
Which is what I said .

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2023, 10:11:56 pm by WantleyDragon »

Correct, and from experience this kind of thing would be open to colossal amounts of counterproductive abuse.
What experience ?

If its done in the right way, grown up questions could get answers from the club.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2023, 10:33:49 pm by podrover73 »
Yes,  but they wouldn't get a response.
Which is what I said .
The Netto brigade did ask a question at the event but seeing as they appear to have a problem with the way the club is run and the owners why did they instead ask how many hours Copps puts in at the club instead of the obvious

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 27, 2023, 07:52:18 am by ctay »
The sack the board chants were louder Saturday than previously, but maybe that was due to a higher attendance. I didnt get a great look at it, but it looked like clown hats on TB, DB & GB faces.

I think they sent a long list of questions, one was picked out but it was the easiest one to answer from what I saw.

It is a shame the club is split but it links up with other posts on here recently regarding like of entertainment. Sadly the only way this situation gets any better at present is from the pitch and that doesnt look likely. I think the netto guys are younger supporters at the minute.

Next season season ticket sales could be interesting reading comments on here.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 27, 2023, 08:21:22 am by vaya »

Correct, and from experience this kind of thing would be open to colossal amounts of counterproductive abuse.
What experience ?

If its done in the right way, grown up questions could get answers from the club.

FOI requests. 15-20% of which tend to be genuine requests for information, the remainder from people who have invariably already made their mind up about things, don't like like that reality doesn't match what they've come up with in their heads and think that keeping asking the same question will somehow provide the answer they want to hear.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 27, 2023, 10:05:56 am by Silkscarf »
If you're serious about a protest you don't need to spend money on fancy banners (or even rubbish ones). Just cut up some bed sheets, get paint from the shed and daub some slogans on. Try and spell correctly and ensure there is enough space for the word you start painting though. But if it's mainly about saying 'look at me, Ma, King of the World' on social media then you just look ridiculous.

I've still got the crappy banner I painted and tied on the barriers at Gillingham for the Fans Utd 2 game years ago. That was a real protest that loads of people believed in and participated in. The issues are still playing out today. The VSC/FSF is obviously all about that movement.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 27, 2023, 06:26:50 pm by Ldr »

What experience ?

FOI requests. 15-20% of which tend to be genuine requests for information, the remainder from people who have invariably already made their mind up about things, don't like like that reality doesn't match what they've come up with in their heads and think that keeping asking the same question will somehow provide the answer they want to hear.

Working in the information department of a large NHS trust I can vouch for this

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 27, 2023, 09:38:02 pm by rich1471 »
If you're serious about a protest you don't need to spend money on fancy banners (or even rubbish ones). Just cut up some bed sheets, get paint from the shed and daub some slogans on. Try and spell correctly and ensure there is enough space for the word you start painting though. But if it's mainly about saying 'look at me, Ma, King of the World' on social media then you just look ridiculous.

I've still got the crappy banner I painted and tied on the barriers at Gillingham for the Fans Utd 2 game years ago. That was a real protest that loads of people believed in and participated in. The issues are still playing out today. The VSC/FSF is obviously all about that movement.

still have my own made Richardson and weaver leave or die banner in my loft , like you said an old bed sheet and some paint does the job and gets the message across

TinyPortal © 2005-2012