Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:59:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger  (Read 2882 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger
« Reply #30 on March 09, 2023, 08:28:36 am by Metalmicky »
Ah.... the search for a scapegoat has started I see...

I disagree with that, Micky. The majority of posts and threads over the last 24 hours are showing most of us to be pig sick of the whole f*cking lot of them from top to bottom, which obviously includes Copps, and that makes me really sad to see the demise of a club legend.

He hasn't died has he...?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 09, 2023, 11:12:49 am by i_ateallthepies »
I stated my concerns at the time and still have them.

Football legend, but ‘opaque’ business dealings, and in no way qualified.

For me, Blunt has to go, and replace him with an experienced ex-manager (like Fry at Peterborough) who then needs to do a ‘root and branch’ review of the footballing structure. With a mandate to get rid of any elements he does not feel are working, including DoF, Manager, Coaches, Talent Identification and Scouts. We need some experience and accountability.

Sounds like a job Darren Ferguson could do well.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 09, 2023, 11:27:01 am by Canadian Rover »
I stated my concerns at the time and still have them.

Football legend, but ‘opaque’ business dealings, and in no way qualified.

For me, Blunt has to go, and replace him with an experienced ex-manager (like Fry at Peterborough) who then needs to do a ‘root and branch’ review of the footballing structure. With a mandate to get rid of any elements he does not feel are working, including DoF, Manager, Coaches, Talent Identification and Scouts. We need some experience and accountability.

Sounds like a job Darren Ferguson could do well.

We could offer him a contract now prior to him being replaced by Grant McCann

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 09, 2023, 12:42:14 pm by silent majority »
Many of us raised concerns at the time of his appointment.
A cameo posting.
Coppinger has feathered his nest good and proper. And it’s not for the benefit of drfc.

. That might be very unfair, NR.  Copps might have believed he was the right man to do the job.  Signs are that he was wrong.

Not unfair. A balanced view. He put himself in pole position for the job. A club legend as player. Looking for post playing employment. A struggling team, the ear of the board. A fan base that wanted to see something fresh and new. All the constituent ingredients were there for him to exploit. There was no “thorough and in depth recruitment process”. It was a role instigated, engineered and set up for copps, by copps. To me, that is very clear. Rovers have managed, as have many other clubs, without a HOF. We are not Man City. We don’t need this post.it’s been touched on in other posts about money being wasted. A HOF is IMO, a waste of money.

That’s just so wrong, as I’ve told you before when you asked.

The HoF role was a GB idea that he’d espoused a long time before JC retired from football.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 09, 2023, 01:38:19 pm by 5minstogo »
Many of us raised concerns at the time of his appointment.
A cameo posting.
Coppinger has feathered his nest good and proper. And it’s not for the benefit of drfc.

. That might be very unfair, NR.  Copps might have believed he was the right man to do the job.  Signs are that he was wrong.

Not unfair. A balanced view. He put himself in pole position for the job. A club legend as player. Looking for post playing employment. A struggling team, the ear of the board. A fan base that wanted to see something fresh and new. All the constituent ingredients were there for him to exploit. There was no “thorough and in depth recruitment process”. It was a role instigated, engineered and set up for copps, by copps. To me, that is very clear. Rovers have managed, as have many other clubs, without a HOF. We are not Man City. We don’t need this post.it’s been touched on in other posts about money being wasted. A HOF is IMO, a waste of money.

That’s just so wrong, as I’ve told you before when you asked.

The HoF role was a GB idea that he’d espoused a long time before JC retired from football.

Any truth that the only way it could get past the chairman was to appoint Copps?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:53:20 pm by 5minstogo »

Usher down the wing.

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 09, 2023, 01:49:09 pm by Usher down the wing. »
You’re fishing & unnecessarily muddying the waters.

There are enough conspiracy theories flying around without SM having to answer or deal with mischief for mischief’s sake.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 09, 2023, 04:49:17 pm by Retdon1 »
The only reason Schofield was appointed is due to Copps relationship with Leigh Bromby at Hudds. Hudds fans rate Bromby about as highly as we view the Job Schofield is doing

TinyPortal © 2005-2012