Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:48:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Schofield be sacked

Yes
178 (75.7%)
No
57 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 235

Author Topic: Should he be sacked?  (Read 14424 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Should he be sacked?
« Reply #210 on March 25, 2023, 07:33:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If he said he won’t change then it’s time to go. How can you look at us and think more of the same will sort us out!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on March 25, 2023, 07:37:33 pm by Dare to dream! »
There’s just no logic here. He’s clearly a technical coach who needs technical players to at least be able to implement his style of play.

How on earth are we ever going to get for an example, a goalkeeper who can actually play out from the back?

And…the football is boring!

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on March 25, 2023, 07:39:22 pm by Cramby10 »
If he said he won’t change then it’s time to go. How can you look at us and think more of the same will sort us out!
just imagine being that stupid. He’ll look back in years to come when he’s picking up his unemployment benefits and think what the hell was I doing!!?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on March 25, 2023, 07:44:10 pm by BigH »
Five defeats out of the last eight games. In League 2.

Injuries or not that sort of run puts you under pressure.

I hope that DS isn’t treading water until the end of the season in the hope that some grand recruitment plan will magically sort matters and everything will come good.

Incredibly naive and unprofessional if he is.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:19:04 pm by BigH »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on March 25, 2023, 07:55:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He's got to go. He isn't going to be backed anyway with the players he needs for this system and style.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on March 25, 2023, 07:59:25 pm by since-1969 »
He's got to go. He isn't going to be backed anyway with the players he needs for this system and style.
Ge WILL be here next season that’s a shoe in . If he goes Copps has to go as he has played his part in all of this fiasco !

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on March 25, 2023, 08:01:03 pm by donnybez »
Stupid question... but is it he 'cant' change the system because it was the club vision that he got hired to deliver?

Personally if the club wish to cut their cloth accordingly then fair enough! But please be realistic. The style of play desired requires a certain type of player - and they aren't cheap.

A pragmatic realistic approach is needed and if the human coaching manual can't deliver it, then thanks but goodbye

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on March 25, 2023, 08:04:59 pm by ncRover »
There’s just no logic here. He’s clearly a technical coach who needs technical players to at least be able to implement his style of play.

How on earth are we ever going to get for an example, a goalkeeper who can actually play out from the back?

And…the football is boring!

And why did he give the green light to an Anderson new contract if he isn’t going to change?

Anderson is good defender but can’t play this.

Nothing makes any sense.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on March 25, 2023, 08:06:28 pm by drfchound »
The Die is cast for next season , with 51 points ( I do not understand where they came from ) we are possibly safe form the trap door . Schofield will be here next term and his inadequate style of playing will be on show again . I’m sure this will satisfy only the board and it arse kissers like SM’s of this club . But unless the supporters strategically change,  it’s going to be another long season of disgruntlement . I for one will not make it simple and purchase my ST the normal way but use the 10 months instalments offered and make them sweat each and every payment until their wallets creak !!

It’s a good job we had a good start to the season and got those early points.
We would be under pressure to avoid the drop otherwise.
Awful again today.
We came out of the blocks for three or four minutes after the break and as soon as it went to 2-0 we reverted back to the shit show.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on March 25, 2023, 08:11:55 pm by albie »
Giving DS the summer means recruitment on 2 year deals which sets the frame for the next 2 seasons.

So what is the evidence DS has the recruitment and tactical flexibility to handle this?

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on March 25, 2023, 08:15:18 pm by Pside »
Get him gone now!!!!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on March 25, 2023, 08:21:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The clamour for him to go reached the point of no return in the last game and with his “we can be proud of a point at Crawley” comments. We can’t keep going on like this after every game.

At a certain point things reach a critical mass and you have to go with the flow.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on March 25, 2023, 08:23:15 pm by Filo »
The clamour for him to go reached the point of no return in the last game and with his “we can be proud of a point at Crawley” comments. We can’t keep going on like this after every game.

At a certain point things reach a critical mass and you have to go with the flow.

Agreed, it will take something remarkable to get fans onside now, the point of no return has been reached with me

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on March 25, 2023, 08:26:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Agreed, it will take something remarkable to get fans onside now, the point of no return has been reached with me

Yep. Don’t care if we have a replacement in mind just get him gone and let Frank Sinclair take the rest of the games.

Copps should have been looking at plan B’s for a while or else he is negligent.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on March 25, 2023, 08:36:12 pm by Campsall rover »

And me.

If the man had one ounce of self respect he would have resigned this evening.

He won’t of course because of the financial implications but the man actually thinks he is working on his process and it will all come good eventually.
The man is completely deluded and is living in some fantasy world.

The fact is the players have stopped believing in him. Their confidence is shot.

He has to go NOW.

Copps how many supporters do you need to to say he has to go before you have the balls to actuall y admit you got it wrong and agree his time is up.

Just do it please. He said he won’t change that’s taking stupidity to a new level isn’t it.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on March 25, 2023, 08:40:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
He could end up leaving before or at the end of the season, but it feels less likely. Everyone has accepted that the play offs have gone already, so the reputation hit has already happened a few weeks ago in reality. The football is horrific but given we are not going down, there is little in it for the board to dispense with him now. It could be there is a handshake at the end of the season and he leaves then, but I suspect it is marginally more likely that he ends up staying and is managing next season.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on March 25, 2023, 08:44:28 pm by normal rules »

agreed. problem is, i have a feeling its going to go way, way beyond the point of no return. im unsure where this will end up. Here is a reasoned outlook:
Rovers finish this season on a whimper, there is little over the last few seasons we have experienced to believe there will be a sufficiently dramatic change to get us into a positive place pre season.
10 games into next season and the rot has continued. Rovers are struggling in the bottom half. DS continues with his "process" with little or no change to performances or results.  His sharp intakes of breath in between sentences become longer and deeper. The summer window has been underwhelming (again). The club remains sustainable. The fanbase is in turmoil. Lower gates, and those that turn up boo the manager and players every game. Copps has turned from legend to pariah. Protests become prevalent. Joseph Olowu and other players continue to win awards for being pink and fluffy.
Sounds fantastical? We shall see. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on March 25, 2023, 08:45:38 pm by Campsall rover »
He could end up leaving before or at the end of the season, but it feels less likely. Everyone has accepted that the play offs have gone already, so the reputation hit has already happened a few weeks ago in reality. The football is horrific but given we are not going down, there is little in it for the board to dispense with him now. It could be there is a handshake at the end of the season and he leaves then, but I suspect it is marginally more likely that he ends up staying and is managing next season.
If it’s the last sentence then that’s going to be disastrous for our Football Club. Make no mistake.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on March 25, 2023, 08:47:15 pm by Silkscarf »
It might depend who is available. Copps wanted DS in the summer but he wasn’t available so McSheffrey got it. But maybe Copps isn’t even looking right now.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on March 25, 2023, 08:47:46 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Surely ticket sales talk at some point! No good getting half way through the summer to find out sales are way down.

Let’s say this I, and probably a few more, will hold off committing to next season until I can trust there’s a reasonable chance of entertainment. With a new manager there’d be something to look forward to and less scepticism

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on March 25, 2023, 08:49:35 pm by drfchound »
Four people at the match today told me that they won’t be renewing next season.
Doesn’t sound a lot does it.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on March 25, 2023, 09:21:56 pm by Bills view »
Like many others I gave up going this season about 5 games ago when it was crystal clear our performances were heading backwards rapidly.

When DS first came I did see glimpses of a style that may work as the players became used to it. I liked how occasionally our central defenders broke forward into space and opened the play up.

But it's gone horribly wrong.

It's like the opposition has worked us out and the players are not good enough to do what DS wants with any semblance of positive play. And he keeps persisting.

It's dire.

I know people point the finger at the defence and goalkeeper but our midfield is lightweight, ponderous, scared, and ultimately ineffective in all areas of the pitch.

A good team needs a good midfield.

Another disillusioned fan here.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on March 25, 2023, 09:38:19 pm by ravenrover »
Anyone else see the Northants manager going ballistic telling them to just mark the wide players when we tried to play it out from the back?
DS bidn't take his hands out of his pockets all game unless it was to scratch his beard

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on March 25, 2023, 09:47:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Anyone else see the Northants manager going ballistic telling them to just mark the wide players when we tried to play it out from the back?
DS bidn't take his hands out of his pockets all game unless it was to scratch his beard
He is so tactically out of his depth it is scary.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on March 25, 2023, 10:22:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It’s fine when your coaching u23s. You just set up like the 1st team and follow their lead. Results matter less than following that structure of play.

It looks like DS can’t make the step up from this

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on March 25, 2023, 10:49:06 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I know a few Hudds fans and they declared him as a PE teacher.

Next, please.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on March 26, 2023, 06:47:14 am by colincramb »
Despite everything on here, we all know he will still be here at Christmas next season. We might pull the plug then though when the inevitable occurs, get the next incompetent rookie in, sign a load of northern premier standard players and start the cycle again.

That’s just how we are run

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on March 26, 2023, 07:57:05 am by Lesonthewest »
It might depend who is available. Copps wanted DS in the summer but he wasn’t available so McSheffrey got it. But maybe Copps isn’t even looking right now.

After his comments the other day I very much doubt he is.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on March 26, 2023, 08:16:40 am by ncRover »
Wasn’t Artell the ex-Crewe manager on the shortlist before? He is still available.

Someone with recent promotion experience from L2, passionate and not afraid to tell the players what they need to hear. Schofield in his interview said he doesn’t want to “give the players anxiety” give me strength. If the players can’t deal with pressure they aren’t mentally strong enough.

Tranmere also looking for a new manager, if we can move quickly we are no less an attractive club than them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:20:32 am by ncRover »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on March 26, 2023, 08:24:57 am by mushRTID »
Wasn’t Artell the ex-Crewe manager on the shortlist before? He is still available.

Someone with recent promotion experience from L2, passionate and not afraid to tell the players what they need to hear. Schofield in his interview said he doesn’t want to “give the players anxiety” give me strength. If the players can’t deal with pressure they aren’t mentally strong enough.

Tranmere also looking for a new manager, if we can move quickly we are no less an attractive club than them.

At one point in the first half Anderson tried passing the ball out to Brown but it hit Olowu on the back and went out for a Northampton throw in.

DS just stood there and clapped (about the only thing he did).

These lot need a bollocking there is no way this guy is capable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012