Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:54:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Post game interview  (Read 2695 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Post game interview
« on March 25, 2023, 05:04:45 pm by Canadian Rover »
Didn't get off to the best of starts with the goalkeeper making a mistake which happens in football. After that we took control of the game and we're unlucky not to go in level at half time. 2nd half was much of the same of which johnny made a mistake but you can't question his character or commitment and he'll come through this. You know it's a process and barring for a few injuries as of late there are some really positive signs with Ravs showing his qualities. I can understand a few of the boos but overall the support understands this is a process and the fundamentals are there for all to see.

The interview hasn't actually happened yet but there you go.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Post game interview
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2023, 05:06:17 pm by keith79 »
Take them 2 mistakes out and we gave them a good game.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2023, 05:11:19 pm by Dare to dream! »
Gave them a good game? We had a promising 5 minute spell before they scored their second.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2023, 05:12:51 pm by Lesonthewest »

It was better performance wise, but for how long he's been here now his team create next to nothing, & entertainment wise it's woeful,  he is not taking us forward whatsoever.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2023, 05:14:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Fundamentals blah blah blah.

The tactical setup is terrible and he doesn't seem to want to change it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2023, 05:15:44 pm by normal rules »
2 shots on target.
Just 2

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2023, 05:19:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
In his recent interview did he say we have 9 games & 18 points to play for? Also intimated the injuries have spoiled recent performances, really.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2023, 05:28:20 pm by Upton Rover »
Fans have got to be happy with the loss

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2023, 05:41:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Tom Biltcliffe has just interviewed Schofield on Radio Sheffield. “That’s football” was his headline message at the top of the interview.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2023, 05:42:23 pm by Copps is Magic »

And never looked like scoring.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2023, 05:44:25 pm by ncRover »
“We were competitive against a top side”

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2023, 05:47:35 pm by ScillyRover »
In his recent interview did he say we have 9 games & 18 points to play for? Also intimated the injuries have spoiled recent performances, really.
Yeah, I heard that. He’s about on par as a mathematician as he is a tactician.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2023, 05:59:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Northampton never got out of 2nd gear today.
They didn’t need to.
Should have won 4-0 they missed 2 sitters.

How much longer is it going to be before we get rid of this absolute clown.
He is the most stupid, short sighted, arrogant person we have ever had at this football club. Yes he is on par with Weaver.

For the sake of just common decency please resign DS
If you haven’t resigned by 6-30 this evening then for all our sakes and for the self preservation of this football club, Copps have the balls to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong.
We will all respect you for that.
If you allow this sh.t show to continue you are going to end up vilified
You will go from club hero & legend to club villain.

Come on Copps the time is now. Not November when it’s too late to salvage next season or even possibly keep us in the EFL.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:34:03 pm by Campsall rover »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2023, 06:12:37 pm by jmt23 »
It’s not DS, what is it that people can’t see - this team, no not team, group of misfits - none of which are his, are the worst bunch I have seen since we got relegated from the league.

The faults do lie with piss poor recruitment by previous managers, and being over reliant on loans. We just never had an adequate budget during this time to sort the mess out. There is a lot to blame for this COVID, self sufficiency, low crowds …

He has plans to get rid of most of them, I have heard 10-11, but who wants them? Clubs don’t even want to take them on loan! He cannot force them out, and they know they have a cushy number.

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2023, 06:14:08 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
Copps should have never taken the job in the first place. He's just being used as a stooge by the board.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2023, 06:14:50 pm by firestarter »
Walking football is played with more pace and enthusiasm ..

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 25, 2023, 06:30:29 pm by monkeytennis »
Someone please link to that post someone made about DS being interviewed about the
Titanic. I cant remember what thread it was in and I need a titter.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 25, 2023, 06:31:40 pm by Cramby10 »
It’s not DS, what is it that people can’t see - this team, no not team, group of misfits - none of which are his, are the worst bunch I have seen since we got relegated from the league.

The faults do lie with piss poor recruitment by previous managers, and being over reliant on loans. We just never had an adequate budget during this time to sort the mess out. There is a lot to blame for this COVID, self sufficiency, low crowds …

He has plans to get rid of most of them, I have heard 10-11, but who wants them? Clubs don’t even want to take them on loan! He cannot force them out, and they know they have a cushy number.
brown, lavery, t miller, lakin, nelson, westbrooke are all his players. And he’s given new contracts to Anderson, hurst and Olowu. So I’d say there’s plenty of his players. Give your head a wobble.
And if the rest can’t play his style of football then don’t f**king play it then!!!!!!
He’s a arse of the highest order that needs to go asap.
He could sign Haarland and Kane but they’d never see the ball to score any goals under this utterly atrocious game plan.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 25, 2023, 06:35:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Anyone used that Chat GBT? I might sign up and ask it to write a Danny Schofield post match interview. Mind you so we need that much computing power to come up with his drivel

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 25, 2023, 06:49:45 pm by normal rules »

[/quote

Half of the starting 11 for the Crawley game are with us for next season

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 25, 2023, 06:52:12 pm by Pside »
Sooner he f*cks off the better.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 25, 2023, 07:09:05 pm by Filo »
Just listened to his interview, tried playing the injury card, Tom pointed out Northampton have 12 players injured, sounds like he going to plough on regardless, the man is deluded

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 25, 2023, 07:13:31 pm by Cramby10 »
Just listened to his interview, tried playing the injury card, Tom pointed out Northampton have 12 players injured, sounds like he going to plough on regardless, the man is deluded
ye I’ve just listened to that. Thought it was excellent when he blew him out the water regarding to injuries. There was some very good questions amongst that and he pressed him very well. Some very alarming answers coming back however.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 25, 2023, 07:24:15 pm by roversdude »
Thought he was going to burst into tears at one point

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 25, 2023, 07:28:29 pm by moses »
I know it is only words but I thought Ben Close was honest and realistic in his post match interview.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 25, 2023, 07:30:07 pm by Prez »

I thought that too. For the first time to me he looked quite emotional in an interview

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 25, 2023, 07:50:22 pm by since-1969 »
“We were competitive against a top side”
really ?  :ohmy:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 25, 2023, 07:52:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I thought that too. For the first time to me he looked quite emotional in an interview

Pressure does that doesn't it?

He's still a human being and he's still trying his best and he's clearly feeling it right now how couldn't he be?  But he doesn't want this to be a failure, none of us do.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 25, 2023, 07:59:03 pm by scawsby steve »

Pressure does that doesn't it?

He's still a human being and he's still trying his best and he's clearly feeling it right now how couldn't he be?  But he doesn't want this to be a failure, none of us do.

Actually, with his qualifications, I think he'll probably have an excellent career coaching an academy or development side at a Premier League or Championship club.

He's just not cut out for EFL management.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 25, 2023, 08:05:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just listened to the RS interview. Good to hear an interviewer taking the right tone with him.

He keeps saying we’ve had good performances. It’s as if only the last few games are poor. It’s either lying or genuine delusion. I get games might not be entertaining but as a coach you see other things but I don’t see that with us. He needs to maybe watch the game from the stands to get a better view.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012