Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:52:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game  (Read 6097 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« Reply #30 on March 30, 2023, 04:08:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Gone for a draw but that’s only because Crewe are very poor.

We are well capable of losing this and habitually get teams out of form into form.

1-1  can’t see us winning this. No Miller, Lavery, Biggins, Lakin or Maxwell, Nelson and DS’s refusal to start Faulkner.
So persists with playing Rowe in a 3 at centre back.
So we play Close and Ravenhill in the centre midfield again do we?

Give me strength if it’s the same formation again this Saturday, think the season ticket I am reluctantly going to buy tomorrow may be returned on Monday morning.
Seriously cheesed off 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 30, 2023, 04:10:29 pm by ncRover »
Surely he’s gone if we lose this… surely?!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 30, 2023, 04:25:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Doesn’t look like it. We are building now for next season. Copps is sticking by him and his process by the sounds of it.
He may think that he will lose face if he admits he got it wrong. Well that is where I think he is wrong. Maybe Blunt won’t be amused because we would have to pay DS off.
Copps though imo would get the respect from the fans if he held his hand up, said he got it wrong and agreed we need an experienced Manager.

Will it happen? Not a chance. This shambles is going to rumble on i fear for sometime yet.
Just hope it’s not terminal for the club.

How bad has it got to get before someone smells the coffee?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 04:28:38 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 30, 2023, 04:38:17 pm by Campsall rover »
Who does anyone think we will beat in the last 8 games

Seriously can see 3 draws & 5 defeats. I really do.
Only 5/6 weeks ago i was talking about winning 6 of our last 8 games.

On paper that looked possible. Only Stevenage to play now in the current top 15 would you believe.

If we gad turned up at Salford and Crawley and at home to Cobblers and got 7 points instead of 1 believe it or not we would still be talking about the play offs.
Just how bad is this league then. How bad does it make us then.  :facepalm:

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 30, 2023, 04:57:39 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Although it is 9 games since Crewe won away if you look closer you will see that Ty hey have played teams in form and have never lost badly. The last three away have all been lost by a single goal - Gillingham, Northampton and Stevenage and in the last home game they scored 4 to beat Salford 4-3. They’ve also had a draw away at Sutton.

It will look bad if we lose and I don’t really care because the priority is to terminate DS and release the reasonably competent group of players trying to work his process from his coaching straitjacket.

Is it just me or are the players who have played least the most energetic? Seaman, Faulkner, Todd Miller and Barlow do much more chasing and challenging than the regular Schofielders.

Usher down the wing.

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 30, 2023, 05:31:32 pm by Usher down the wing. »
Campsall.

Three ‘moaning’ posts inside 30 minutes & that’s on this one thread alone!

Give your heart a rest man. We all know things are sh**e right now but I believe change for the better is just around the corner.

Stick with Copps. Stick with Gavin Baldwin.

They love this club as much as you & me. They’re working tirelessly day in day out to put ´things’ right.

Write this season off by all means. That’s understandable & totally acceptable. BUT, keep the faith. Don’t go down the path of ´We’re heading for the National League’ or ‘That’s it, no more season tickets for me!’.

You’re a Donny man & Rovers are your club, mine too for the same reason. I didn’t ‘pick them’, they ‘picked me’ because I wasn’t born in Bradford or Barcelona I was born in Dunscroft.

That’s it really.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 30, 2023, 05:51:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
Tbf to him I think he’s a Leeds fan as well.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 30, 2023, 05:56:40 pm by Cramby10 »
Doesn’t look like it. We are building now for next season. Copps is sticking by him and his process by the sounds of it.
He may think that he will lose face if he admits he got it wrong. Well that is where I think he is wrong. Maybe Blunt won’t be amused because we would have to pay DS off.
Copps though imo would get the respect from the fans if he held his hand up, said he got it wrong and agreed we need an experienced Manager.

Will it happen? Not a chance. This shambles is going to rumble on i fear for sometime yet.

interesting little quote from Tommy Rowe today to cling to. When talking about the shite football being served up, “You can get bogged down thinking long term”. The first thing remotely resembling a little bit of dissent. Here’s hoping there’s more to come.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 30, 2023, 06:23:22 pm by Campsall rover »
Campsall.

Give your heart a rest man. We all know things are sh**e right now but I believe change for the better is just around the corner.

They love this club as much as you & me. They’re working tirelessly day in day out to put ´things’ right.

Write this season off by all means. That’s understandable & totally acceptable. BUT, keep the faith. Don’t go down the path of ´We’re heading for the National League’ or ‘That’s it, no more season tickets for me!’.

You’re a Donny man & Rovers are your club, mine too for the same reason. I didn’t ‘pick them’, they ‘picked me’ because I wasn’t born in Bradford or Barcelona I was born in Dunscroft.

That’s it really.
I was born and bred in Leeds. Supported Leeds United from age 7 in 1962 through to 1979
Hardly missed a home game at Elland Road for 18 seasons.

I came to work in Doncaster in 1974 aged 19 at Adwick Leisure centre. My mother had moved from Leeds to Harrogate and I lived there before moving to digs in Doncaster in 1975

When Leeds were away I decided to go and watch a 4th Div game at Belle Vue in early November 1975 v Reading.
Rovers were 7th I think and Reading 5th in the table ( if memory serves me well ) it was a 1-1 draw and I really enjoyed the game, the atmosphere at Belle Vue, it was very different to what I was brought up on at Elland Road. Gate was around 7.300 I think.
My 1st away game was the Spurs Qtr final of the League Cup in Dec 75

So while I continued to go to Elland Road for all home games I started watching Rovers every game when Leeds were away.  Fell in love with Miller, Kitchen & Big Brendan. They were brilliant.
Then Billy Bremner gets the Rovers job in late Nov 1978.
Well that was it I was hooked. He had been my footballing God for the last 15 years.

So from 1979/80 season I only went to Belle Vue and visits to Elland Road were down to 2/3 games for next couple of seasons.
So I left a top flight club to support a 4th tier one. No one will ever call me a glory hunter.

So I have been a die hard Rovers fan for 45 yrs and a regular on the terraces of Belle Vue since 1975.

I always dreamt one day I would see them play in the 2nd tier and when that day came in May 2008 it was the happiest footballing day of my life. To see Rovers play Leeds at Wembley was something I couldn’t have contemplated. If I had been told in 1998 that would happen ten years later i would have marched that person down to the nearest asylum.

I always believed that DRFC could become an established 2nd tier club.
It’s a proper football town, now a City. It has a large population of over 300.000 inhabitants living within the borough.
The potential was always and still is there for DRFC to an achieve way beyond what it has achieved during the majority of its history.

So no I am not a local lad as was 19 before stepping foot onto it boundaries. I consider Doncaster to be my home City & after 48 yrs I think I have the right to do that.

So I am having a damn good moan. Yes I am. I think if we all sit back and say & or do nothing about the current demise of the football team then that will be allowed to continue.
Any football club is as only as good as its fans. No fans and the club is nothing.
If we care then we must show we care. Things will only change if the fans ensure that change will happen.

That’s what happened in 1998 when JR came in and saved our proud football club. Who was John Ryan.
He was a fan just like you and me.

My posts are getting longer. Sorry folks.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:27:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 30, 2023, 06:29:47 pm by Plumbster »
I think that of all your posts Camps that’s my favourite- keep them coming!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 30, 2023, 06:34:39 pm by Campsall rover »

interesting little quote from Tommy Rowe today to cling to. When talking about the shite football being served up, “You can get bogged down thinking long term”. The first thing remotely resembling a little bit of dissent. Here’s hoping there’s more to come.
I heard a whisper from someone who knows Tommy Rowe quite well and he says non of the players dare say anything to Schofield.
He is so blinkered to his process that he can’t see sideways. That sort of man management will only end in tears.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 30, 2023, 06:35:57 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Will DS hand be forced to move rowe further up the field? Probably not, but we have Faulkner and long who can deputise in his role and with the season over, why not give them league experience.

Move Rowe into CM and see if he can pull strings along side close. Now is the time to experiment and get set for next season.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 30, 2023, 08:24:57 pm by moses »
No chance Faulkner plays from the start. I think DS has made his mind up that he is not one of ‘his’ players and it would going against his process to play him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 30, 2023, 08:41:59 pm by drfchound »
If Faulkner doesn’t get any starts and continues to warm the bench that potential couple of million quid that people were putting on his valuation to the club a few months ago will probably drop to a fiver.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 30, 2023, 09:06:36 pm by adamtherover »
Equally as criminal, with no fit strikers, if goodman doesn't get some minutes on Saturday, DS needs shooting!!!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 30, 2023, 11:46:19 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Campsall.

That’s it really.

Interesting that you mention Baldwin. Every time I try to tie him into anything - like the failed "Business Plans" and broken promises - Silent Majority shoots me down by telling me he he has nothing to do with the football. Ironically SM mentions him from time to time as though he still does have involvement, so like so many things connected with our inside sources, it's all shrouded in the cloak of secrecy.

The much-vaunted fan involvement seems to apply only to a few individuals seemingly constrained one way or another from actually sharing their knowledge with the hoi polloi. They may represent us, but we do not know exactly how, and worse still, we do not know what they find out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 31, 2023, 02:16:10 pm by drfchound »
The black bank is desperate for a new song. How about: 

We’ve got chuffin Danny Schofield
I will be happy when he leaves
Shocking at the back
No one in attack
Rovers heading for the National League.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 31, 2023, 05:40:44 pm by Cramby10 »

I heard a whisper from someone who knows Tommy Rowe quite well and he says non of the players dare say anything to Schofield.
He is so blinkered to his process that he can’t see sideways. That sort of man management will only end in tears.
if this I true, imagine being so f**king arrogant with absolutely nothing to back it up. His record speaks for itself.
Why would you want to be at a place where you’re disliked by the majority of the fan base and quite possibly the players also whilst serving up absolute crap week in week out? He’s not even attempted to endear himself to the fans. His lack of self awareness is breathtaking.
There’s not one positive thing that I can say he’s has brought to the table. Not one!! It’s there for all to see on a match day.
Those who are defending him can only be basing their opinions on a wing and a prayer.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 31, 2023, 05:56:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
As bad as we are - and f**k me we are terrible - Crewe are a horror show, especially on the road.

They’ve won twice away all season and only Crawley have won fewer away games. Crewe have managed only 12 goals in 18 away league games this season, that’s exactly two-thirds of a goal each game. Only Gillingham have scored fewer away goals. If Crewe score tomorrow, they’ve massively exceeded their average this season. They last won away in mid-November. 

More widely, they’ve won only 3 in their last 20 games (all at home), and have lost their last 3 games in a row, scoring only 1 goal (at the equally terrible Gillingham).

We are up against an absolutely dreadful side tomorrow.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 31, 2023, 06:29:30 pm by knockers »
Yet they are above us in the form table   :whistle:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 31, 2023, 06:56:20 pm by ravenrover »
I'm sorry Camps, but all these I've heard that, a friend of mine says, someone close to the club has told me, my cousins best friend girlfriends brother knows someone who says they heard from someones uncle that his mate down the pub knows someone from the local chippie who has a friend who has a brother in law who has a contact at the club says.....
Gets right up my t!ts
Don't post before you are prepared to name your source if you can't / won't, don't post.
I did the same but in the end admitted that Sam Hird was giving insider info to my nephew who was a big friend of his

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 31, 2023, 07:30:45 pm by ForsolongaRover »
As bad as we are - and f**k me we are terrible - Crewe are a horror show, especially on the road.

They’ve won twice away all season and only Crawley have won fewer away games. Crewe have managed only 12 goals in 18 away league games this season, that’s exactly two-thirds of a goal each game. Only Gillingham have scored fewer away goals. If Crewe score tomorrow, they’ve massively exceeded their average this season. They last won away in mid-November. 

More widely, they’ve won only 3 in their last 20 games (all at home), and have lost their last 3 games in a row, scoring only 1 goal (at the equally terrible Gillingham).

To describe Gillingham as “equally terrible” suggests that you have missed their massive revival since they changed owners. Overall, my conclusion from the same series of Crewe results was somewhat different from yours. This was based on the margin of defeats and the quality of their opponents. Having only seen the stats I do not have the appetite to seriously contest how bad they are, but they may defend better than Rovers can attack.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 31, 2023, 07:47:55 pm by Rovers91 »
This game will probably be the shittest game this weekend in the EFL.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 31, 2023, 08:16:19 pm by dickos1 »
I heard a whisper from someone who knows George miller, that schofield is a great coach, all the players love him and they think we will be in the premier league within 5 years

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 31, 2023, 08:26:45 pm by Rovers91 »
Northern premier league in 5 years is realistic.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 31, 2023, 08:51:16 pm by monkeytennis »
This game will probably be the shittest game this weekend in the EFL.

I’m almost looking forward to it lmao

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 31, 2023, 09:49:20 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I heard a whisper from someone who knows George miller, that schofield is a great coach, all the players love him and they think we will be in the premier league within 5 years

Assuming that this is not an uncharacteristic wind-up Dickov’s, is this the someone who knows George Miller who thinks Schofield is a great coach or George Miller’s belief? Even the most super-optimistic life-long optimistic Rovers fans would regard progression to the Championship in the same period within the present infrastructure a near impossibility. Believe it or not, I have also actually met GM and it surprises me that he would say something like this.

Speaking generally, and going back over many years of hearing player interviews, I have never heard anyone of them say anything unsupportive of their boss.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 31, 2023, 11:29:50 pm by Campsall rover »
I'm sorry Camps, but all these I've heard that, a friend of mine says, someone close to the club has told me, my cousins best friend girlfriends brother knows someone who says they heard from someones uncle that his mate down the pub knows someone from the local chippie who has a friend who has a brother in law who has a contact at the club says.....
Gets right up my t!ts
Don't post before you are prepared to name your source if you can't / won't, don't post.
I did the same but in the end admitted that Sam Hird was giving insider info to my nephew who was a big friend of his
Well this person said that he knows TR and that’s what he told me last Saturday.
Now he could be lying but why should he lie. He sounded very genuine to me.
But the way the players are not playing for DS & the obvious lack of belief they have in what they are supposed to be doing, would add some credence to what he told me.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 01, 2023, 07:58:28 am by MrWoodySir »
I think we will win today but it will be our last win of the season.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 01, 2023, 08:28:58 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

"Doncaster Rovers 0-3 Crewe Alexandra"

Done in the voice of the bloke who does the official scores on the radio.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012