Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:03:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should he be sacked or quit before the next game? POLL

Yes
230 (91.3%)
No
22 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Voting closed: April 24, 2023, 05:42:57 pm

Author Topic: Should DS be sacked before the next game  (Read 6839 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Should DS be sacked before the next game
« Reply #60 on April 11, 2023, 12:09:15 pm by Upton Rover »
Still a no. Mostly cos I'm scared to find out who they'd replace him with. This plan that SM says they have been working on for the summer best be a f**king good one cos we are disgusting
He’s not got a plan, he doesn’t know what one is, the guy just won’t make the grade

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 11, 2023, 12:19:29 pm by MachoMadness »
Still just about a no. But if this run continues much longer I'm struggling to see how he remains in post for the start of next season. Got yesterday badly wrong with the lack of subs, those are the kind of calls you need to get right when you're under pressure.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 11, 2023, 12:32:02 pm by ravenrover »
No, not before the next game, what would be the point?
End of the season for me we are going nowhere, the season is effectively finished.
Bring a new experienced man in let him bring in his own players without this nonsense of a caretaker to the end of the season
I fear it's not going to happen though and he will be here next season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 11, 2023, 12:38:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we are going to sack DS at the end of the season I hope the process of looking for his successor and determining who we want and whether they want to come here as started behind the scenes. Because we don’t want to waste at least 4 weeks through May and June sorting it out.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 11, 2023, 12:48:20 pm by Sprotyrover »
We need to be signing players likes of Dean Windas and Vinnie Jones, oh and bring in Mick Mcarthy!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 11, 2023, 02:07:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
No, not before the next game, what would be the point?
End of the season for me we are going nowhere, the season is effectively finished.
Bring a new experienced man in let him bring in his own players without this nonsense of a caretaker to the end of the season
I fear it's not going to happen though and he will be here next season.

I get that and your right we won’t be appointing a meaningful replacement before the summer. My thoughts on just doing it is that a caretaker might get a few game bounce and freshen up the team.

We’ve seen how ending one season on a terrible low can easily follow you into the next.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 11, 2023, 02:13:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Can’t see how he can be here next season. It’s like the whole Liz Truss debacle. There’s a point at which the general public just won’t take you seriously and you need to, willingly or forcibly, go so the situation can be repaired.

Same goes for Blunt by the way I don’t think anyone will respect s word he says. No idea if he’s good or not but the ship has sailed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 11, 2023, 02:22:48 pm by Filo »
Can’t see how he can be here next season. It’s like the whole Liz Truss debacle. There’s a point at which the general public just won’t take you seriously and you need to, willingly or forcibly, go so the situation can be repaired.

Same goes for Blunt by the way I don’t think anyone will respect s word he says. No idea if he’s good or not but the ship has sailed.

I think that point has been reached, for me, no matter what he’ll never have my backing, the point of no return happened weeks ago

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 11, 2023, 02:43:49 pm by adamtherover »
Most surprising is that he has 14 family members who frequent this forum?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 11, 2023, 03:01:58 pm by Nudga »
Please leave off with the family member comments, DS dad is not a well man and I know the hammer he's getting is breaking his dad's heart.
DS wife and boys don't attend anymore either.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 11, 2023, 03:09:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
That’s sad as he is a local lad, it just isn’t working out for him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 11, 2023, 03:14:07 pm by Nudga »
No it's not working out but it's getting personal now which isn't on.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 11, 2023, 03:49:21 pm by ravenrover »
Nudga is there anythng less personal than wanting someone to lose their job?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 11, 2023, 04:27:09 pm by adamtherover »
Please leave off with the family member comments, DS dad is not a well man and I know the hammer he's getting is breaking his dad's heart.
you do know that some things can be said tongue in cheek..  it's rediculous to actually think he's got 14 family members voting for him on a fans forum..  but in classic 2023 style, get offended on someone else's behalf..

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 11, 2023, 06:44:13 pm by Upton Rover »
Wow this is a big vote, 228 people voting is quite big, board needs to sit up and take notice

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 11, 2023, 06:52:18 pm by ncRover »
Danny is well qualified as a coach and would be a brilliant youth coach for a premier league u18 / championship u23 team. This job here just isn’t for him right now.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 11, 2023, 07:00:25 pm by mushRTID »

This isn’t nice to read. I think he seems like a really decent bloke. A shame his family aren’t coming to watch him, it must have been a big deal for them all to manage their hometown team.

Looked a bit broken in yesterdays interview and pressure must be immense, even at a smaller club like us.

I really can’t help think though he really hasn’t helped himself which is frustrating to watch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 11, 2023, 07:06:53 pm by drfchound »
When the south stand lads were singing “your football is shit” two home games ago I said to my mate at the game that it must hurt him.
Yes it is a sad thing to hear but is it any worse than sledging a player and in some cases, cheering when they go off injured or get subbed.
It goes with the territory in football, do well and you are the hero, do poorly and you get slagged off.
It’s just the way it is.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 11, 2023, 07:07:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Parting ways will be best for all parties. Of course it shouldn’t get personal and it must be hard to watch someone you care about struggling so obviously.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 11, 2023, 07:20:15 pm by scawsby steve »
Danny is well qualified as a coach and would be a brilliant youth coach for a premier league u18 / championship u23 team. This job here just isn’t for him right now.

I said exactly the same on here a couple of weeks ago, NC. DS is obviously a nice guy, with fantastic coaching qualifications. He'll have a good future career as a coach, but not as a lower league manager.

It's just not worked out for him here. Good luck to the lad whatever happens next in his career.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 11, 2023, 07:35:31 pm by Bessie Red »
Maybe the answer is to set up an U23's team for next season, ask DS to step down from Head Coach position & give him the U23's managers job so we don't have to pay him off fully and get an experienced lower league manager in (eg.McCann,Cook, Cowley bros)!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 11, 2023, 07:57:35 pm by roversdude »
Was it said that the board are on holiday? Hopefully when they come back they have a meeting

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 12, 2023, 03:16:54 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It should never get to the stage where his family can’t attend games. He is doing his best I’m sure but it isn’t working out. He took the job on at a time where the manager doesn’t get as much financial backing as in the past.

Having said that the first eleven, is potentially a top four side, the squad is bottom half standard overall. Without injuries and a following wind we would be doing well. As it is we’ve had our usual injuries.

Players who should be doing much better haven’t performed. Danny himself hasn’t made the big decisions when they needed making during games. He has stuck to his principles of how he wants to play.

That’s fine but after so many games, it hasn’t worked you need to think of another way, until you get players that can play that way. It’s sad because him being a Doncaster lad I wanted it to work for him, it just hasn’t.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 12, 2023, 04:06:45 pm by scawsby steve »
It should never get to the stage where his family can’t attend games. He is doing his best I’m sure but it isn’t working out. He took the job on at a time where the manager doesn’t get as much financial backing as in the past.

Having said that the first eleven, is potentially a top four side, the squad is bottom half standard overall. Without injuries and a following wind we would be doing well. As it is we’ve had our usual injuries.

Players who should be doing much better haven’t performed. Danny himself hasn’t made the big decisions when they needed making during games. He has stuck to his principles of how he wants to play.

That’s fine but after so many games, it hasn’t worked you need to think of another way, until you get players that can play that way. It’s sad because him being a Doncaster lad I wanted it to work for him, it just hasn’t.

I agree with most of that post, Sammy, apart from the injuries excuse. As has been said by others on here, Northampton have had 11 first teamers out for a long time now, and are second in the table.

All clubs have injuries.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 12, 2023, 04:35:14 pm by Cramby10 »
He’s just not going anywhere is he? I know blunt kind of confirmed this, but I had hoped sense would prevail with these horrendous results/performances. But if they haven’t pulled the trigger now, then they just aren’t going to at all are they?
I feel sick at the thought of the new season. The stadium will be empty.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 12, 2023, 06:19:27 pm by ForsolongaRover »

One of the reasons why the match atmosphere has become hostile towards DS is because he has kept his job despite a record which would have seen him dismissed some time ago by most clubs. The longer this goes on, so the animosity mounts. The results cause the grief and the head coach is responsible and therefore the principal target.

Unfortunately he has made it worse by not being more sensitive to the feelings of the fans. Until very recently he stubbornly refused to change his approach. He may well be a very nice man, but it doesn’t really come over when he is so inflexible.  So by ignoring the criticism until very recently, he has contributed significantly to the animosity

However, his manner in interviews are a failure of Rovers’ public media image too and you wonder why their expert, Liam , has not made more of an impression.

Offering him a junior coaching role makes no sense to me because again it comes back to his inflexible style and coaching methods. Why would he do any better imposing his challenging process on younger players? It would be a profound risk and the club is not a charity.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 12, 2023, 06:47:35 pm by drfchound »
If people think that DS is getting abuse from fans now and he is kept on and we have a bad start next season I dread to think how much abuse he will get then.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 12, 2023, 10:07:28 pm by adamtherover »
Can a single one of the 16 optimistic souls who want DS to stay, care to voice any rationale as to why?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 12, 2023, 10:49:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just a minute here, why exactly is Schofield getting it in the neck for ‘still being in a job’? Surely, the fact that he’s not yet been showed the exit is down to the HoF, Chairman and/or the CEO, or am I missing something here?

I wholeheartedly agree that he should have gone weeks ago and (maybe) put TR in temporary charge for the last few games. But, with 12 months salary to pocket, he’s hardly going to walk!

Maybe it’s this rolling contract thing that’s stopping the obvious decision being made, as we’re still paying off GM. If I’m close on that one, we should expect him sacked round about October (which would be yet another catastrophic decision).

I sincerely hope I’m wrong on that one, by the way.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 13, 2023, 07:52:58 am by Metalmicky »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012