Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:34:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 3339 times)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on April 16, 2023, 08:58:24 am by 5minstogo »
Any word on where he was yesterday? Listened to the interviews and no mention.

In fact I only noticed Biggins in attendance from those out injured.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2023, 11:33:29 am by glosterred »
Ifollow mentioned that Biggins isn’t far away from fitness, but nothing mentioned yesterday about Tommy that I can remember

COYR

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2023, 02:46:15 pm by 5minstogo »
I'm having a tenner on "back spasms"

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2023, 03:57:54 pm by idler »
I was told yesterday at the ground that Tommy was with the team even though not playing.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2023, 04:24:09 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Even 5-6 years ago he spent a lot of the time injured. This isn't anything new and is showing in every match he's played this season.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2023, 04:41:28 pm by Branton Red »
I'm having a tenner on "back spasms"

Is profound professional embarrassment classed as an injury??

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2023, 04:56:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
35 in September. Only 25 appearances this season, but managed 50 last season.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2023, 08:00:18 pm by rich1471 »
Maybe he has said something to Scofield about the formation and tactics and was dropped because of it ,as no mention of any injury

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2023, 08:16:40 pm by 5minstogo »
Maybe he has said something to Scofield about the formation and tactics and was dropped because of it ,as no mention of any injury

Maybe.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2023, 08:18:57 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
I'm worried there's a conspiracy behind this as well - but hoping not as I really like Tommy. He was the only player not at the meet the players event, when usually he's front of the queue for fan engagement, and has been notably absent since. Wouldn't blame him if he's had enough of Schofield's rubbish though, he can join the rest of us on that one!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2023, 08:23:34 pm by Rovers91 »
He was injured which is why he didn't play.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2023, 11:08:33 am by steve@dcfd »
TR as got a slight issue with his hip and is 50/50 for tomorrow Tuesday.
Biggins Maxwell and Jones could return before the end of the season.
Olowu and Anderson are unlikely to play again in the last 4 games.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2023, 11:10:55 am by jamesrover17 »
That new Anderson deal is looking a wise investment...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2023, 11:13:49 am by glosterred »
TR as got a slight issue with his hip and is 50/50 for tomorrow Tuesday.
Biggins Maxwell and Jones could return before the end of the season.
Olowu and Anderson are unlikely to play again in the last 4 games.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-team-news-and-injury-update-ahead-of-stevenage-clash-4106602

COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 17, 2023, 11:20:11 am by Campsall rover »
I'm worried there's a conspiracy behind this as well - but hoping not as I really like Tommy. He was the only player not at the meet the players event, when usually he's front of the queue for fan engagement, and has been notably absent since. Wouldn't blame him if he's had enough of Schofield's rubbish though, he can join the rest of us on that one!
Could be more to that than we realise.
Especially from what I heard from a friend of a Rovers fan who lives near Tommy !!!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2023, 12:05:03 pm by ncRover »
That new Anderson deal is looking a wise investment...

Can’t be relied upon to build the defence around. I’d have him as the back up next year and get someone experienced in to play next to Olowu. Depth needed in that position as we seem to have an injuries there every year.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2023, 12:37:00 pm by oggycompton »
Yeah Anderson's new contract, is an injury-prone player given additional years. Just need the announcement of Taylor getting another new contract too to really show how good the people in charge are. To be fair he is good when he's fit......every single second Tuesday in November

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2023, 04:34:55 pm by selby »
  There should be a new order in play now, I would say that Faulkner and Nelson are the first two names on the team sheet at the moment, followed by Barlow and Agard after the last two or three games.
  With Nelson on loan we need to look for someone to cover for Anderson and Olowu, and Long to keep his improvement up on the left side.
   Faulkner Anderson and Olowu could well be the first choice next season, with Long  and another central defender needed that can cover right along the line right and left, and we need to look at Flint as a defensive mid fielder. another youngster coming through with ability.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2023, 07:04:12 pm by Boycie »
I wouldn't bet on Faulkner being a first choice next season, Schofield made his views on him well known in refusing to play him earlier then sending him out on loan. I think he is only playing him now because we are so short in defense.
Bobby as done as well as anybody when played.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2023, 07:25:12 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
If Schofield forces Tommy out in the summer I'll be absolutely gutted.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 17, 2023, 07:26:29 pm by selby »
I don't think Bobby will be here long anyway, but it will be most probably longer than DS if he doesn't play his best players and turn it around quickly.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2023, 07:38:21 pm by ncRover »
Wouldn’t the best option for Bobby next season be a National League loan?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 17, 2023, 09:06:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If Schofield forces Tommy out in the summer I'll be absolutely gutted.

I won't. He's not the player he was. We'll also be lucky to get half the games out of him next season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2023, 09:20:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Think you need a few players like Rowe around the club even if he can’t play as often. If he’s available for say 75% of games even from the bench he’s useful.

We are light on experience and in hindsight letting Clayton go was probably a bad move. If DS wasn’t so stubborn they’d be a place for Clayton in a midfield 3. In the 2 he would be no good so again the system has meant a top pro who might knock a few younger players into shape is gone.

Agard would probably have gone too if there were takers which if he was never going to play looked a good move. But now we see he actually has a bit to offer and should have been playing more. Again system meaning we don’t utilise a experienced player.

Rowe is hopefully useful enough to DS’s system so should be safe.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2023, 09:22:25 pm by selby »
 ncRover, if your sending out Bobby to the National league where would you send the others?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 17, 2023, 09:31:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If we are going to play 3 at the back we probably need 3 new centre halves, or at least 2 if DS thinks Long is ok, given Anderson and Olowu pick up injuries often.

Then Bobby could go on loan. For me unless he’s going to be 1st choice, which our summer signings will factor in, it’s better for him to play 90min every week.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 18, 2023, 02:12:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Anderson’s new contract was a very poor decision. He has been a very good centre half but just hasn’t got back to playing like he used to. Maybe the club showing loyalty as it wasn’t his fault he got injured.

Bobby needs to be starting games not going out on loan.
Rowe hasn’t been able to get going this season, injuries, being played out of position, plus playing not fully fit at times, which I think he has done, haven’t helped him.

I wouldn’t give him a big extension to his contract playing wise. It may be that he could get a new contract as a player coach. Vast experience, I would think a lot of respect around the club. Know how of how to get promoted, would help the younger players around him.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2023, 06:49:12 am by ncRover »
ncRover, if your sending out Bobby to the National league where would you send the others?

I like Bobby a lot and I think as an 18 year old centre back it’s a compliment to say that I think if he’s going to get guaranteed playing time week in week out, he should be at that level for now.

He won’t be Schofield’s first choice.

But it depends who we sign / what formation we play / who the manager is. A back 5 requires more back up.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 06:53:04 am by ncRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012