Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:42:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Proposition  (Read 1434 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Proposition
« on April 16, 2023, 12:44:58 pm by Branton Rover »
The time is right for the chairman to have a discussion with Danny about where we go from here. I think it’s fair to say it’s virtually impossible for him to turn around our fortunes as the fans are disillusioned beyond belief at the current state of affairs & for Danny’s own sake & wellbeing, a decision needs making whereby both parties can save face. A mutual parting of ways would be my preference we pay him a sum of money & he leaves without being sacked.

DS is no doubt a decent bloke and young enough to come again through coaching elsewhere but everybody’s surely now accepted this can’t be allowed to drag on.

Terry’s extra resources need to be put in the hands of an experienced manager/coach who will not squander the windfall.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
Re: Proposition
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2023, 12:47:28 pm by Rovers91 »
If the club are adamant on keeping Schofield he needs to bring in an assistant who has experience then to help him.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2023, 12:55:59 pm by In the box »
If the club are adamant on keeping Schofield he needs to bring in an assistant who has experience then to help him.
It a gamble to assume the DS will take different approach if this season has anything to suggest. What types of players will be he looking for and how many. So if he hadn’t secured nearly all his squad by preseason than it could be another year of excuses !

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2023, 01:16:27 pm by ravenrover »
Isn't DS Head Coach? Why not bring in a Manager and leave DS coaching?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2023, 01:41:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
We’ve got a head of football and a head coach if we brought in a manager we wouldn’t need the head coach or head of football

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2023, 02:05:17 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
We’ve got a head of football and a head coach if we brought in a manager we wouldn’t need the head coach or head of football
Excellent idea. Free up the money we are wasting on Copps and Schofield, add a bit of the investment from the owners and hire a decent manager ready for next year, like Grant McCann.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2023, 02:19:25 pm by ravenrover »
But it gives the HoF and DS the option to leave of their own accord?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2023, 04:03:49 pm by Upton Rover »
Fingers crossed

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2023, 05:03:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Excellent idea. Free up the money we are wasting on Copps and Schofield, add a bit of the investment from the owners and hire a decent manager ready for next year, like Grant McCann.

And puts us right back to where we were when Moore left us in the shit and we were all crying about why it's so easy for managers to shaft us.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2023, 05:11:49 pm by Reg of the Rovers »

And puts us right back to where we were when Moore left us in the shit and we were all crying about why it's so easy for managers to shaft us.
If the only way to protect against that is to hire the worst manager in the football league, then I'll take the occasional shafting to actually have a manager that another team might want!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2023, 05:43:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’m not sure what contract Copps is on but DS is not going leave when he’s got a 12 month rolling contract

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2023, 08:28:08 pm by Branton Rover »
Yes he has but he’s getting dog’s abuse at the moment & he may take the view “I’ll walk if a decent offer is made to me.” Personally I think this is the all round best solution, but what do I know?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2023, 08:22:00 am by i_ateallthepies »

If the only way to protect against that is to hire the worst manager in the football league, then I'll take the occasional shafting to actually have a manager that another team might want!

But it isn't the only way to protect against it is it, Reg.  I am as frustrated with the state of the club as anyone else but equating the club trying to guard against what happened with Moore with the current state of affairs is just silly.  The problems that led to that had been going on for years prior to that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012