Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:08:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Commentary after game  (Read 2125 times)

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
Commentary after game
« on April 22, 2023, 05:07:53 pm by hamiltonrover »
Anybody else listen to what the mic picked up after the game?
Coppinger talking to someone saying we have a plan, a lack of quality right now, players lined up.
In all his 25 years in the game he’s never heard abuse that DS is getting. Hard to explain to his 9 year old daughter why the clubs fans are booing their own players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

whisky

• Forum Member
Re: Commentary after game
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2023, 05:09:43 pm by whisky »
I heard it. To be honest it's refreshing to hear what people really think sometimes.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2023, 05:10:05 pm by Upton Rover »
Coppinger talking to someone saying we have a plan, a lack of quality right now, players lined up.
In all his 25 years in the game he’s never heard abuse that DS is getting. Hard to explain to his 9 year old daughter why the clubs fans are booing their own players.
It’s called banter Copps, maybe this was a planned move

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2023, 05:13:51 pm by hamiltonrover »
It’s called banter Copps, maybe this was a planned move

Maybe, but he sounded deflated.

It’s fine having a plan, if the plan is achievable, I don’t think Schofield will ever turn the fan base around. I hope I’m wrong as that will mean the plan is working, but I just don’t see it.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2023, 05:17:15 pm by monkeytennis »
Someone tell him they’re not booing the players.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2023, 05:22:19 pm by normal rules »
One thing is for sure.
This isnt going to win the fans over.
Another pr blooper.
Fans have had enough of the manager. NOT the players.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2023, 05:28:08 pm by Filo »
Copps did,nt look happy on the gantry at the end of the game

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2023, 05:31:24 pm by mushRTID »
The bit on Twitter he’s just saying the fans at Harrogate were a disgrace in their treatment of DS.

It’s true isn’t it?

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2023, 05:36:20 pm by Pside »
Well looks like “the plan” is here to stay. I honestly think it’s in the best interests of the club if both copps and Danny cleared their desks on Monday morning. We k is that ain’t going to happen though

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2023, 05:38:06 pm by Donny Exile in York »
One thing is for sure.
This isnt going to win the fans over.
Another pr blooper.
Fans have had enough of the manager. NOT the players.

We've had  enough of the players, manager and Chairman!

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2023, 05:39:19 pm by Cramby10 »

in life not everything goes to plan. So call me old fashioned, if my plan isn’t working in whatever I’m doing, I try something else!!
These fellas, Copps included, are f*cking morons.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2023, 05:41:42 pm by Branton Red »
He was leaning over the railings where the cameras are arguing with a fan several rows down the stand behind the dugouts.

The fan had been amongst a small group calling for Schofield to go through most of the second half.

It was a very undignified sight I'm afraid.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2023, 05:43:57 pm by ChrisBx »
He was leaning over the railings where the cameras are arguing with a fan several rows down the stand behind the dugouts.

The fan had been amongst a small group calling for Schofield to go through most of the second half.

Unprofessional. The job is too much for him.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2023, 05:45:05 pm by mushRTID »

Not his finest moment but at least he’s showing some fight and not hiding like our alleged chairman.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2023, 05:48:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's mostly right in a lot of ways.  I don't at all agree that Schofield has any excuses, he hasn't got a clue imo.

But he is right on the abuse. Question though what can fans do? I don't want to watch this shite again next year and we have to be heard somehow.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2023, 06:01:47 pm by In the box »
Well looks like “the plan” is here to stay. I honestly think it’s in the best interests of the club if both copps and Danny cleared their desks on Monday morning. We k is that ain’t going to happen though
Imo if Schofield goes Copps will follow him .

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2023, 06:02:57 pm by Branton Red »
I missed how the exchange started as I was walking along the row of seats towards the exit.

I hears some shouting turned and saw Coppinger arguing with this old to middle age guy in a tweed jacket sat as I say several rows down the stand

I can't say if Coppinger started the exchange or the fan turned round and did so.

The only bit I caught was Coppinger shouting "do you think it's his fault?" Referring to Schofield. The fan shouted back "yes". To which Coppinger theatrically shook his head and blew through his lips.

There was more before that but I didn't catch it.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2023, 06:05:20 pm by Goole Rover »

Thank goodness an intelligent post unlike the moran (ha ha) or should I say the moron before you. Sorry just hate bad language on here.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2023, 06:09:38 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Huge clear out at the end of the season. All thie dross signed previously to go. Get rid. Physically weak. Mentally weak.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2023, 06:16:19 pm by BigKeif »
I thought to be a good coach/manager, despite results, you can get a tune out of a squad to at least have a go? Or is what copps thinks, you have to spend money to be successful? DS has had no money, therefore, we should over look the absolute dross that he’s served us up because the quality isn’t there? He would have been forgiven by all fans had he at least made the team give effort in going for it but these performances all season are beyond unacceptable!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:22:35 pm by BigKeif »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2023, 06:23:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely.  Having money definitely helps as you can get better players and there is a valid point that we need that, Christ I've spend months shouting for it.

BUT, Schofield has underperformed what he has got. The team has no structure, no attacking shape, the players don't play as a team, minimal set piece creativity and they're either unfit physically or mentally.  Good players look average and even today we've put a side out that man for man you wouldn't swap for the opposition and we were well beat.

I feared when we put a HOF in what happens if the HOF doesn't make the right decisions, that could well be a problem.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2023, 06:26:22 pm by BigKeif »
Absolutely.  Having money definitely helps as you can get better players and there is a valid point that we need that, Christ I've spend months shouting for it.

BUT, Schofield has underperformed what he has got. The team has no structure, no attacking shape, the players don't play as a team, minimal set piece creativity and they're either unfit physically or mentally.  Good players look average and even today we've put a side out that man for man you wouldn't swap for the opposition and we were well beat.

I feared when we put a HOF in what happens if the HOF doesn't make the right decisions, that could well be a problem.

Point I was trying to make BFYP but you just put it a bit better than I did. Totally agree with you.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2023, 06:27:49 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We'll end up becoming Chelsea. Just throw money at things and the results won't get any better with him in charge.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2023, 07:53:35 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Huge clear out at the end of the season. All thie dross signed previously to go. Get rid. Physically weak. Mentally weak.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012