Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:50:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Colchester United game  (Read 2554 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Colchester United game
« on April 24, 2023, 11:20:55 am by selby »
  A sad end to home games in a sad season, and atmospheres seemingly getting more toxic between the supporters and the management of the club with every statement being put out being dissected and peoples own slant being put on them to suit the way they think things are going.
  There is no getting away from the fact that we have over the course of the season got worse as both a team on the field of play, and as a management team that needs to show and implement constructive leadership on and off the field of play, and my plea is for the powers that be to get a grip and sort this sorry spectacle out one way or the other.
  Colchester have been for a few years on the same trajectory but now seem to be pulling out of it with a thumping 4-1 win v Sutton on Saturday.
   Our own form is abysmal, constantly playing the majority of games in our own half with our defenders seemingly the only players taking on the opposition our midfield being one of the worse for making an impression on a game that I can remember, and a style of play imposed on the players that encourages them to roll the ball out five ten yards from our own goal line, meaning we have to move the ball 80 yards just to threaten the oppositions penalty area through the said poor mid field and our one striker, and we pass the ball backwards and side wards more than forward to try and get the ball up there in the oppositions half. Mistakes will be made at the back if we continue to allow them to be over run and no outlet, and our striker will always struggle playing the formation we  play.
  Team selection for this game will again be restricted by injury, the injured hardly having an incentive to come back and risk further injury this season especially if out of contract, and the manager is dogmatic and imposes a structure on the team that sticks out like a sire thumb, does NOT suit the players at his disposal.
   Even worse the loyalist of supporters are now finding it difficult to be supportive of what they are being served up with before their eyes.
   This game and the game at Walsall have very little meaning result wise as far as standings at the end of the season are concerned, most supporters giving up to the inevitable weeks ago, but to ignore what is going on before our eyes performance wise, ie, becoming a worse team cannot be ignored, and a couple of decent results to end on would be nice, and some proactive management decisions even better
   I live in Hope, lots to discuss, what do you think?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Colchester United game
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2023, 12:05:11 pm by danumdon »
This really has been a disaster of a season, all the positivity with a new manager replacing the previous failing regime has long disappeared to become one of resentment and regret for a great many supporters.

Whatever could of been achieved in the  last 10 games or so after it was obvious to all that we were in effect playing for pride only has not been built on and lost to us. What should of been a free hand for the HC to try out new formations and youth getting ready for next year has been thrown away in an orgy of disenchantment and ridicule, the stubborn streak that has been demonstrated from the club would of been seen as a positive if all was well and the side were in the ascendency but to do so when we are having our worst season since the Belle Vue bonfires really brings it home to us supporters how ingrained and entrenched this management group has become. It seems supporters are there to provide revenue and to keep their gob shut, the club having distanced themselves from the fanbase by throwing everyone under the bus because of a few loud mouths will not be forgotten.

As for the game Saturday, who now really cares, i've never wanted my club to do anything other than play well and win matches, it now seems that many are quite happy to see us turned over by all and sundry because of their visceral dislike of the current regime.

As things stand the club are all for toughing it out with the failing management, they seem prepared to stump up cash and investment for them to spend as they see fit, not many think this is a good use of TB's resources and dread to think what we will end up with, the bigger fear is the upheaval we will suffer after 10 games next season when it becomes apparent that for all the money and talk nothing will change and the downward spiral will be well and truly complete.

We now wait and see, our thoughts firmly in the despondent category.

We can all see a car crash when it's signposted for everyone to see.

Lets just hope we are all wrong and they had it all in hand all along

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2023, 01:00:07 pm by Campsall rover »
  A sad end to home games in a sad season, and atmospheres seemingly getting more toxic between the supporters and the management of the club with every statement being put out being dissected and peoples own slant being put on them to suit the way they think things are going.
  There is no getting away from the fact that we have over the course of the season got worse as both a team on the field of play, and as a management team that needs to show and implement constructive leadership on and off the field of play, and my plea is for the powers that be to get a grip and sort this sorry spectacle out one way or the other.
  Colchester have been for a few years on the same trajectory but now seem to be pulling out of it with a thumping 4-1 win v Sutton on Saturday.
   Our own form is abysmal, constantly playing the majority of games in our own half with our defenders seemingly the only players taking on the opposition our midfield being one of the worse for making an impression on a game that I can remember, and a style of play imposed on the players that encourages them to roll the ball out five ten yards from our own goal line, meaning we have to move the ball 80 yards just to threaten the oppositions penalty area through the said poor mid field and our one striker, and we pass the ball backwards and side wards more than forward to try and get the ball up there in the oppositions half. Mistakes will be made at the back if we continue to allow them to be over run and no outlet, and our striker will always struggle playing the formation we  play.
  Team selection for this game will again be restricted by injury, the injured hardly having an incentive to come back and risk further injury this season especially if out of contract, and the manager is dogmatic and imposes a structure on the team that sticks out like a sire thumb, does NOT suit the players at his disposal.
   Even worse the loyalist of supporters are now finding it difficult to be supportive of what they are being served up with before their eyes.
   This game and the game at Walsall have very little meaning result wise as far as standings at the end of the season are concerned, most supporters giving up to the inevitable weeks ago, but to ignore what is going on before our eyes performance wise, ie, becoming a worse team cannot be ignored, and a couple of decent results to end on would be nice, and some proactive management decisions even better
   I live in Hope, lots to discuss, what do you think?
A summary which reflects the current situation Brian.
How is this going to be sorted? That’s the question. 

With a Chairman who is doing nothing, saying nothing and quite clearly isn’t interested we have a serious problem in getting the Club moving in the right direction.

We need some proper leadership from the top and we are not getting it.
Terry Bramall has got to take action and remove David Blunt ( as difficult as that may be for him to do ) but until we have a major change of attitude at the top table then we are heading down a very slippery slope at a devastatingly fast speed.

The evidence is staring us in the face. This is not conjecture. It’s happening right now.

This is going to be the most important 6 months in the Clubs history since the summer of 1998 when JR came to the rescue.
If the slide continues any further we WILL end up back in the National League. No ifs or butts WE WILL
We are not sleep walking into it we are currently racing into that League.

Someone, and it has to be Terry Bramall, because Blunt will allow it to happen, needs to open his eyes and understand how serious the situation is.  Action NOW.
Not next November that could be too late. It has to be NOW. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:07:42 pm by Campsall rover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2023, 01:31:33 pm by normal rules »
This really is a nothing game . They could open the gates for a free for all, and I still don’t think the eco power would be half full .
It seems DS is here for next season . Some willing to give him a chance because it’s not his fault ?others willing to pay for his taxi right now .
Huge gulf between the chairman and the supporters . JR has said himself he has no idea what the bloke does day to day. Interacting with the supporters of drfc clearly isn’t on his schedule at all . And In between the two is club legend copps who has now taken to arguing with supporters in the stands who dare question his footballing philosophy.
The result of this fixture really is irrelevant. Half of the squad that will walk out will prob not be here next season . The other half are either incapable or unwilling of putting in a proper shift based on recent showings . Some may be on £250 a week but they are still Professional Footballers. Which begs the question if they too see through schofields “process” . Ordinarily I’d be there for the seasons home finale .Along with son, dad and brother.
But it’s -4 instead. We’ve got better more entertaining things to do. I cannot support this regime at the moment . And my belief that it’s not just down to just schofield is gaining traction.
There’s a wonderful film out there called “field of dreams”. It’s quite an old film now. The  emotive line in it is “if you build it they will come”
I feel the management at rovers are doing completely the opposite at the moment. And it shows .
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:14:05 pm by normal rules »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2023, 02:06:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we lose to Colchester and Crewe get results this week and Walsall win on Saturday . We could be 19th with a game to play. Colchester won 4.  1 on Saturday at home against Sutton. So we’ve got to have more players fit then we might get a result.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2023, 03:08:21 pm by normal rules »
Rovers are 2/1 for the win . Colchester are 6/5. 12/5 for the draw. Un remarkable odds for what will be an unremarkable game .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2023, 03:39:53 pm by Donnywolf »
NR .... Reply #3 above

Hope they don't do the Lap of Honour / or the applaud the Fans walk round.

I would find that a bit ott

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2023, 03:44:21 pm by normal rules »
NR .... Reply #3 above

Hope they don't do the Lap of Honour / or the applaud the Fans walk round.

I would find that a bit ott

[/quote
They will be clapping stewards and ball boys. Very few will be there at game end I’d imagine .

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2023, 04:20:03 pm by moses »
You just know they are going to continuously announce the 'No Pitch invasion' message over the tannoy in the second half.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2023, 07:09:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
Unfortunately, I can only foresee another embarrassing defeat and again, at Walsall. We are a basket-case right now, from top to bottom.

The only way to turn this around is for some big decisions to be made, from the very top of the Club.

talksbollox

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2023, 08:50:11 pm by talksbollox »
Let’s not. I won’t be there thank god.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2023, 09:10:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
After a horrific run (1 in 10) they have found some form in the last few games and won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 games. Their away form generally is pretty good and they have 22 points which puts them exactly mid-table in away form. Their last 3 away games (Stevenage, Salford and Crawley) they only conceded a single goal, at Stevenage.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2023, 09:26:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Really we need to keep it 0-0 and somehow score in 90+5th minute. Don’t trust us to keep any kind of lead. It must be in the players heads too. I’d be worried if we were 3-0 or 4-0 up if the opponent got the next goal.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2023, 11:59:45 pm by les@donr »
Another home defeat

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2023, 07:26:01 am by NickDRFC »
Rovers are 2/1 for the win . Colchester are 6/5. 12/5 for the draw. Un remarkable odds for what will be an unremarkable game .

We are second favourites at home to a side who are 19th in League Two. At odds of over 2/1. That those odds are considered unremarkable is remarkable in itself and shows what a low we are at.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2023, 11:46:54 am by normal rules »

We are second favourites at home to a side who are 19th in League Two. At odds of over 2/1. That those odds are considered unremarkable is remarkable in itself and shows what a low we are at.

Rovers bottom of form table. Colchester around mid form table.
The odds are where they should be.
I’m not surprised at all.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2023, 12:13:19 pm by RugbyRover »
I'm looking forward to seeing their young striker Samson Tovide again.

Gave Tom Anderson a right old game and scored a cracker with his left foot.

Just the sort of player we should be signing.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2023, 12:29:31 pm by Upton Rover »
What a waste of energy talking about shite

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2023, 07:44:18 pm by NickDRFC »

Rovers bottom of form table. Colchester around mid form table.
The odds are where they should be.
I’m not surprised at all.

I think you might have missed the point of my post.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2023, 08:01:16 pm by Spilsby Red »
I won’t be there. Me and my lad going to another game

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2023, 08:02:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
The Pied piper didn't do a very good job at Colchester  recently they were as low as 9/1 to get relegated despite a new team - Hartlepool also signed 11 in January (shopping at Netto ?) so for 2 out of the 3 teams it hasn't worked out

Who knows what will happen and do we really care ? 

I just checked our last match and it is against Walsall who haven't won for 20 games -- remeber they went under new ownership

here it is

June 6th new ownshipp and a bright new future for Walsall (in your dreams with hindsigh )

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/june/walsall-football-club-announces-new-ownership/

didn't Hartlepool end some long run of non wins against us at their ground earlier this season ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2023, 09:18:10 pm by drfchound »
Walsall will more than likely end the season on a high then.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2023, 09:37:51 pm by normal rules »
Rok has just gone there hasn’t he?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2023, 07:52:54 am by ncRover »
Looking at Colchester’s last starting XI they look good on paper.

Energetic up-and-coming young players, experienced defence and the big man Akinde up top. Can see him scoring from a set piece.

Could really do with Danny trying out something different in the last 2 games for flexibility next season and to try get a results in the here and now. But he won’t.

1-3.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2023, 08:47:44 am by Campsall rover »
Looking at Colchester’s last starting XI they look good on paper.

Energetic up-and-coming young players, experienced defence and the big man Akinde up top. Can see him scoring from a set piece.

Could really do with Danny trying out something different in the last 2 games for flexibility next season and to try get a results in the here and now. But he won’t.

1-3.
He should have tried something different over 3 months ago ncRover. 
The man is beyond help it seems to me. I am really concerned about him. How is it possible for anyone to be as inflexible as he is.
How many defeats does it take. 15, 20, 25. 30,  ???
Just a bit more than slightly concerning I would say.   

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2023, 03:01:36 pm by Barmby Rover »
Do we really have to speak about this? Colchester, a little below us, with a worry still (slightly) about the bottom of the table, they will go at Rovers, who will capitulate and let at least 3 goals in.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 26, 2023, 03:10:36 pm by keith79 »
Get ya money on  a win

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 26, 2023, 08:09:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Walsall will more than likely end the season on a high then.

it seems slysports fed me rubbish it is only 8 games without a win for Walsall somehow they beat Gillingham 2-0 but it seems they have one win in 20 games

I remember them only just missing out on promotion to the Championship not that long ago. (sounds like Rovers ?)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 26, 2023, 09:01:58 pm by drfchound »
Do we really have to speak about this? Colchester, a little below us, with a worry still (slightly) about the bottom of the table, they will go at Rovers, who will capitulate and let at least 3 goals in.

Colchester are safe this season, mathematically clear of relegation.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 29, 2023, 06:38:14 pm by ncRover »
I'm looking forward to seeing their young striker Samson Tovide again.

Gave Tom Anderson a right old game and scored a cracker with his left foot.

Just the sort of player we should be signing.

The big Pansy. A* for theatrics.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012