Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:44:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Walsall game  (Read 420 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Walsall game
« on May 03, 2023, 03:02:04 pm by selby »
  For most fans this last game cannot come quick enough, myself included as interest has waned long ago about can we get in the play offs etc. etc. and the main  interests we have will be played our over the closed season with everything at the moment on the table including will the manager survive to next season? will the Hof survive? and which players stay and which are released? so after Monday slowly things will become clearer to us the supporters as regards to what is before us, and we  can guess and debate whether for the good or bad until the start of next season when we can all start to debate again whether the decisions made by our board and management now are successful or not next season.
  Walsall like ourselves find goals hard to come by but lose few games at home, five all season, the best of the teams out of the play off places, so it will be a hard game however we approach it.
  Will we play the same side as Saturday when we got at least a long awaited victory, even though we were not exactly the free flowing attacking side many crave.
  Once again we played most of the game in our own half, something that we have done most of the season, especially since we employed the one attacker up front. I actually think that our defenders mostly have had a decent season considering how much defending they have had to do, but our mid field especially has been abysmal and the forwards who have fed off scraps all season not a lot better, and that is where the work to be done in the closed season needs to be done as far as I am concerned.
   So can we surprise ourselves and end the season on two victories that hopefully no one will use to ignore the work on the side that patently needs to be done before next season begins. As for this game, apart from blooding a youngster like Goodman fo a decent run out and not a few token minutes, really the players that got the victory Saturday at least deserve to start the game, unless we change spots and go gung ho and try and get more men forward which is doubtful I think.
  What do you want to see in this really no meaning game?
   If DS has decided the players he wants next season, would you pick a few youngsters in their place for this game?
  Does the result really matter to you?
  Are you going to the game?
  Are you like me glad it will be over, and already looking forward to next season?
   Lots to discuss, lots hopefully to look forward to as looking back will do no good now, thanks for taking part in what has been a difficult season for us all, let's hope we can sign off with a better showing at least.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Walsall game
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2023, 09:10:00 pm by Donnywolf »
Not going .... Glad I went to old Walsall Ground and Banks Stadium New Years Day years ago

I picked a bad year to go to New Grounds and my a** still regrets the Crawley trip

I would have gone if it was at home but wouldn't cross the road for an away game now

I've had enough this Season even though there seemed to be a bit more interest in the last few games , maybe Players playing for retention (or praying for retention)

But I've been a Supporter as long as JR so I ain't giving up now , and I hope supporters are rewarded with something better next Season however it is achieved

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Walsall game
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2023, 10:28:32 am by selby »
 Double bubble for the last game, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012