Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:25:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Walsall game  (Read 2673 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Walsall game
« Reply #30 on May 04, 2023, 11:05:17 pm by drfchound »
Them were the days. Grey suit to a football match! Kids today should take that as a lesson.

Black suits might be more appropriate next season unless things dramatically improve, complete with black tie.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 05, 2023, 07:19:11 am by roversdude »
Sorry can I add my thanks to Selby too, it must have been hard drumming up the enthusiasm to keep going

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 05, 2023, 11:56:45 am by ravenrover »
Just coming out of Summer hibernation to agree with other posters  well done Selby for keeping going over the past few seasons it must have been hard.
We haven't always seen eye to eye on players but that does not take away any respect for the posts he has created  in thids period. Look forward to the same next season, thank you Selby

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 05, 2023, 05:31:35 pm by selby »
  Thanks Raven, I hope to be around to cover next season and hopefully the better one we all crave.
  I think we might just be starting to come out of the other side of a bad time, I hope so anyway, all the best to everyone, keep the faith.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 05, 2023, 09:41:34 pm by danumdon »
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been so disinterested in a rovers match in all my years of supporting them.
Something very dramatic has to happen in the next few months to re kindle my passion.

Can't quite say the same but it will be like the Christmas present under the tree when you were a kid, you need to leave it be but just can't quite manage without having a "fumble".

I'll be having regular "fumbles" tomorrow.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 08, 2023, 02:53:36 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Walsall are on an absolutely appalling run of form. They’ve won 1 in 22 league games - that’s right, ONE win in TWENTY TWO league games. They’ve also failed to score in 12 of those 22 league games.

This is a truly terrible side.

Walsall 2-0 Doncaster Rovers

Thank you for taking the time to do these, Selby. I'd have given up by August.

Ooooh. Close again

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 08, 2023, 03:38:02 pm by Branton Red »
I didn't think there was that much difference in quality between the 2 teams. Rovers had just as much possession as Walsall.

The difference was when Walsall attacked they look to get men in the box. Subsequently they had several good goal scoring chances and ultimately scored 2 goals to win the game.

Rovers didn't do that. Even with men in the box they elected to take 3 short corners rather than play the ball into the penalty area.

Neither Miller or Goodman have the nous or physicality to play alone up front. They either need a support striker or attacking midfielders getting forward to support them quickly. That should be obvious.

Basic repeated tactical errors cost us any realistic chance of winning against relatively poor opponents  - again.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 08, 2023, 03:57:17 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Rovers play always looks haphazard, as though they never have any plan. It is as though they have never practiced where to be in and around the opposition penalty box.

For a team under a man who is first and foremost a coach, they seem utterly clueless in the basics.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 08, 2023, 07:02:31 pm by drfchound »
I didn't think there was that much difference in quality between the 2 teams. Rovers had just as much possession as Walsall.

The difference was when Walsall attacked they look to get men in the box. Subsequently they had several good goal scoring chances and ultimately scored 2 goals to win the game.

Rovers didn't do that. Even with men in the box they elected to take 3 short corners rather than play the ball into the penalty area.

Neither Miller or Goodman have the nous or physicality to play alone up front. They either need a support striker or attacking midfielders getting forward to support them quickly. That should be obvious.

Basic repeated tactical errors cost us any realistic chance of winning against relatively poor opponents  - again.

With regards to your fourth paragraph, all of us can see that we need to support the lone striker.
All of us except Schofield.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012