Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:05:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays team  (Read 2066 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Todays team
« on May 08, 2023, 12:12:09 pm by mushRTID »
I know there is the lucky pint but some interesting omissions.

No Brown or Nelson.
Ravenhill and RSW nowhere to be seen.

Bench is pathetic with 2 of the 5 named players Maxwell and Olowu who probably aren’t fit enough to be risked in the final game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Todays team
« Reply #1 on May 08, 2023, 12:14:43 pm by silent majority »
Nelson is back with his parent club.

I think Ravenhill is injured.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 08, 2023, 12:15:49 pm by keith79 »
Thank goodness the season is finished today.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 08, 2023, 12:17:26 pm by adamtherover »
I've never been so non Interested in a rovers game before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one..

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 08, 2023, 12:22:46 pm by StocksArmy »
I hope to god reading the above comment that, that means we have seen the last of RSW in a DRFC shirt.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2023, 12:24:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Where’s the contracted players for next season Close and Molyneux
Williams and Ravenhill injured maybe bothe out of contract and decision might have been made
Brown and Nelson gone back to parent club I suspect

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2023, 12:24:52 pm by Cramby10 »
I've never been so non Interested in a rovers game before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one..
I think the lack of recent activity on the forum certainly suggests so. The main reason I come on here now is to see if there’s any rumours or facts to suggest dull Danny is getting the boot. That’s all I can cling to now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2023, 12:31:58 pm by Filo »
Hopefully the season ends on a high and he’s sacked by tea time

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2023, 12:34:27 pm by grayx »
Hopefully the season ends on a high and he’s sacked by tea time

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2023, 12:47:40 pm by ncRover »
Would be interested if there was any injury news on Close and Molyneux? Last game if the season, nothing to play for if they are moving they might not be put in? They have been ever present.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2023, 01:04:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Would be interested if there was any injury news on Close and Molyneux? Last game if the season, nothing to play for if they are moving they might not be put in? They have been ever present.

Maybe We'll end still highly rated Close....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2023, 01:35:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
Our very poor season under two poor managers and a squad that is average at its best.
So we at the moment
35 pts off the top
19 pts off the play offs
14 pts off relegation
Looking at this league teams from 9th below are ver poor sides. Mansfield 8th are 13 pts clear of Barrow who are in 9th place. What a pathetic season finish lowest since we went it the league 1998. The club deserve nothing the decision making is atrocious and if we do nothing then it will continue.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2023, 02:06:26 pm by ChrisBx »
Is today's match squad the worst since our return to the Football League? Weak in every position.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2023, 02:06:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dickos will find some positives for us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2023, 02:18:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well done Bobby

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2023, 02:20:45 pm by Donnywolf »

I'm with you and can't wait ( to not ) watch Rovers

Obviously there's nothing on it realistically and if I live to be 100 and am asked for memories of 22/23 I will say I went to 9 new Grounds .... and that's it

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 08, 2023, 02:54:13 pm by Barmby Rover »
I forgot the kick offs were early, and by the time I realised I was glad to miss it. A thoroughly miserable season, with only a faint glimmer of hope for next season.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 08, 2023, 02:56:57 pm by andyst79 »
Well done Bobby
Should be made captain next season with Maxwell vice captain only 2 players that have got the stomach for a fight other than Anderson but he's a shadow of his former self , madness to offer him a new deal

Lazar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 08, 2023, 02:57:08 pm by Lazar »
The starting 11 today would finish bottom half in the league below.

I’d be hard pushed to name 4 players who will go on to have careers professionally, never mind any that could play in the league above.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 08, 2023, 03:32:07 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Our very poor season under two poor managers and a squad that is average at its best.
So we at the moment
35 pts off the top
19 pts off the play offs
14 pts off relegation
Looking at this league teams from 9th below are ver poor sides. Mansfield 8th are 13 pts clear of Barrow who are in 9th place. What a pathetic season finish lowest since we went it the league 1998. The club deserve nothing the decision making is atrocious and if we do nothing then it will continue.
Everything about the Rovers is extremely flat at the moment, nothing really positive to look forwards to in regards to next season and nothing really fills me with enthusiasm if I'm being honest.

We have been poor under our last what 4 managers? Butler, Wellens, McSheffrey and now Schofield.

It is easy to criticize the managers however under multiple managers, playing staff we have been poor and you live and die by your recruitment especially players (which has been diabolical).

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 08, 2023, 04:20:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
The club has made a series of absolute horrific recruitment decisions, for managers and players. We are down where we are entirely due to these decisions - not financial collapse, not bad luck, not injuries - just rank bad decisions time and time again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 04:38:27 pm by Chris Black come back »

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 08, 2023, 04:31:50 pm by DD »
And who is making those decisions? Coppinger!!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 08, 2023, 04:42:28 pm by NickDRFC »
The club has made a series of absolute horrific recruitment decisions, for managers and players. We are down where we are entirely due to these decisions - not financial collapse, not bad luck, not injuries - just rank bad decisions time and time again.

Yet there will never be any accountability, just excuses and vague plans in place. I think a good part of the reason that so much apathy is creeping in is not just because we’re appalling, but because it’s only ever met with a shrug of the shoulders by those in charge.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 08, 2023, 04:43:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
And who is making those decisions? Coppinger!!!

Not all of them. Who appointed Copps? And the rank poor player recruitment started after DM. At least we got decent loans with him!

The rot has well and truly set in and it’s going to take some monumental decisions by TB as from now. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to be capable enough!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 08, 2023, 04:49:36 pm by scawsby steve »

Yet there will never be any accountability, just excuses and vague plans in place. I think a good part of the reason that so much apathy is creeping in is not just because we’re appalling, but because it’s only ever met with a shrug of the shoulders by those in charge.

Nail. Head.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 08, 2023, 04:50:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not sure if it’s laziness or lack of imagination. We need a HoF it’s a hard role to recruit for in the lower leagues but we go for Copps. Paul Green is always in and out the fold. Then our youth team manager or whatever Gribble was becomes Schofields assistant. Go back further and we’ve Butler as a player manager (embarrassing for a pro club imo) then McSeffery given jobs way too early in their coaching career. Why? Because they were the ones hanging about.

But when we do try recruit from outside we get the likes of Younger who was a complete waster judging by what we signed. So I can kind of understand them sticking with people they know even if it’s not what I think we’ve ever needed.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 08, 2023, 04:51:19 pm by Prez »

I didnt even realise it was an early kick off today. I have never done that before in 40 years of watching Rovers.

Totally lost interest.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 08, 2023, 10:32:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
Close and Molenyux obviously surprising omissions.

Close is obviously a good player but it’s just not worked out here. Big wages? Not sad to see him go.

Similar to Molenyux but feel his lack of form potential exit is more to do with him not fitting into the system.   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012