Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:52:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yesterday at Walsall  (Read 523 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Yesterday at Walsall
« on May 09, 2023, 10:25:33 am by selby »
  My first away game since going to Walsall in the Covid era in a cup game we won on a penalty shoot out.
  Like a lot if they were truthful when seeing the team announcement  I feared an absolute beating as our usual weak first team this season looked weaker than ever, cobbled together and full of young players.
  Honestly, how many thought along the same lines?
 To be honest they surprised me, and showed fight, and it was not an easy victory for Walsall, yes I know they are not great but we did not lie down as we have in other games, and got the ball forward far quicker than we have this past season, and with less backwards and side to side from me to you balls played.
  The young back line did well, only a loan player up front disappointing, and from a premiership club.
  That is what impressed me the most about our team Jones, Faulkner, and Goodman the three academy graduates on show were the corner stone of everything we did well, Goodman twice the player Miller is, just what are we doing leaving him getting splinters in his backside on the bench, watching players on the field who can't lace his boots  ability wise.
  And that is my biggest gripe against the two management coaches in charge of the team. They confer on the side line trying to look for all the world intelligent pointing and no doubt coming up with the latest coaching manual style of the week, and haven't the b******s to put some trust in young players coming through at the club, who show ambition, ability, and effort, while we accommodate loans obviously not good enough, and not as good as lads sat  watching them hoping to get more than two minutes to show what they can do.
  They are letting the club down, are ignoring the work of the academy staff, who are great coaches, they are stunting the ambition and career of some gifted players, and even in Faulkner's case undermining his worth to the club criticizing his technical ability stupidly publically which has stuck with some ever since.
  My first thoughts on that yesterday when he rifled the volley in was KNOB HEADS.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012