Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 12:39:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris quits as MP with immediate effect  (Read 5295 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Boris quits as MP with immediate effect
« Reply #30 on June 15, 2023, 10:07:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Inevitable wasn't it?

The most egregious, pathological liar ever to make No10 ends up being outed by his peers as a compulsive liar.

If only we could have seen it coming...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 15, 2023, 10:17:02 am by Filo »
Sunak as his Chancellor is complicit in the lies and cover up

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 15, 2023, 11:10:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And all these "they're all the same" folk. They'll be able to point us to where a previous PM has been booted out of Parliament for pathologically lying.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 15, 2023, 11:12:19 am by ravenrover »
Did you attend a party?
No!
Has Sunak corrected the record?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 15, 2023, 01:32:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe now we can all concentrate on how great, sincere and veracious our next PM Keir Starmer is.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 15, 2023, 01:35:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Now found to be officially a lier and still won’t accept it, he should be barred from ever holding office again

He is and always will be entitled to dispute that.  I suspect he genuinely thinks he's right.

The main thing is there's not likely a huge way back for him, but our system means that he could easily return if elected, there's nothing to prevent that.  I'm not sure the committee of MP's is the best way to determine things given their close involvements regardless of party but how else could it be done?  Perhaps a committee of independent judges or something like that?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 15, 2023, 01:41:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Now found to be officially a lier and still won’t accept it, he should be barred from ever holding office again

He is and always will be entitled to dispute that.  I suspect he genuinely thinks he's right.

The main thing is there's not likely a huge way back for him, but our system means that he could easily return if elected, there's nothing to prevent that.  I'm not sure the committee of MP's is the best way to determine things given their close involvements regardless of party but how else could it be done?  Perhaps a committee of independent judges or something like that?

Durham police?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 15, 2023, 01:41:55 pm by danumdon »
And all these "they're all the same" folk. They'll be able to point us to where a previous PM has been booted out of Parliament for pathologically lying.

You make it sound as if every previous PM was as saintly as Mother Theresa on her good days!

The point is not just some cretin like Johnson who just happened to become PM due to the disgracefully low standard of MP.s who could of been shoehorned into the job. The fact we have to be governed by individuals who are more concerned with their own career prospects and how they can better themselves by taking the state for every benefit and expense they can squeeze out of the public teat.

The fact that a great many of them , ultimately useless and failed in every job they were ever given to complete then get shunted up to the lords to further fill the beaks at the expense of the taxpayer.

They may not all be the same but they all certainly know when and how to extract the maximum they can sponge whist being in the role.

#mostlyabunchofspungers

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 15, 2023, 02:08:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You'd think that, on a day when, for the first time in history, Parliament is passing judgement on the established fact that we had a pathological liar in No10 for 3 years, the current PM would step up to the plate and address the nation on the issue.

You WOULD, wouldn't you?

But where's Sunak?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 15, 2023, 02:12:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You might also think that, when a previous PM was found to have lied to Parliament about something so superficially trivial, but so illustrative of his belief in rules as allowing knees ups on his watch, a Government with the nation's interests at heart would be investigating what else he lied about.

Given his links to the Russian secret service, you might even think it was a matter of national security to go through this with a fine tooth comb.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 15, 2023, 02:12:10 pm by Filo »
You'd think that, on a day when, for the first time in history, Parliament is passing judgement on the established fact that we had a pathological liar in No10 for 3 years, the current PM would step up to the plate and address the nation on the issue.

You WOULD, wouldn't you?

But where's Sunak?

How can he address it when he was part of it?

As were every cabinet minister under Johnson

I see Penny Morduant is trying to distance herself from it, but she’s another that facilitated his lies
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:14:27 pm by Filo »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 15, 2023, 03:03:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quite astonishing that Sunak is refusing to comment on something as historically serious as this. BBC reporting that his media team say he'll not give any comment.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 15, 2023, 05:57:37 pm by Branton Red »

I've no time for Johnson. Having read the report he is clearly as guilty as sin.

I wonder if the author of the above post, who is criticicing the "they're all the same" argument, being a political animal, has ever been caught out publicly stating wildly inaccurate information to further his political agenda - and then having been exposed of doing so if he had the honesty and integrity to correct the record?

See replies 8 and 17 to the following thread for the answer www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=288194.0

#They're all the same#

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 15, 2023, 06:12:29 pm by belton rover »
Billy tends to confuse ‘they’re all the same’ with ‘they all do exactly the same thing’.

It’s very silly of him.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 15, 2023, 06:17:59 pm by wilts rover »
Maybe now we can all concentrate on how great, sincere and veracious our next PM Keir Starmer is.

I wonder if the people on here who have never criticisied Johnson will do the same for Starmer?

Oh...

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 15, 2023, 06:22:51 pm by danumdon »

I've no time for Johnson. Having read the report he is clearly as guilty as sin.

I wonder if the author of the above post, who is criticicing the "they're all the same" argument, being a political animal, has ever been caught out publicly stating wildly inaccurate information to further his political agenda - and then having been exposed of doing so if he had the honesty and integrity to correct the record?

See replies 8 and 17 to the following thread for the answer www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=288194.0

#They're all the same#

Very much a sign of the times for many. Failing standards means nothing to some, and if in the meantime i can advantage myself and push my narrative then who gives a hoot for standards.

How ironic when we're all commenting on an out and out liar,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 15, 2023, 07:52:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
When one or two of you have finished with the personal abuse, can we get back in topic?

My take for a while is that the quality of polical journalism in recent years has given an open line for a liar like Trump to ride through.

The BBC tonight has a piece about how some Tory MPs are supporting Johnson.

Get this. "So far 12 Conservatives have publicly criticised the committee with Johnson-ally Nadine Dorries suggesting Tories who vote for the report should be kicked out of the party.

Sir Simon Clarke said he was "amazed at the harshness" of the committee, while Sir James Duddridge tweeted: "Why not go the full way, put Boris in the stocks and provide rotten food to throw at him?""

Note the context-free use of these two's titles. Not a mention of the fact that their knighthoods were given to them last week by...well guess who?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 15, 2023, 08:03:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I wonder if the people on here who have never criticisied Johnson will do the same for Starmer?

Oh...
What do you mean like you, only the other way round?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 15, 2023, 08:33:05 pm by tyke1962 »

You make it sound as if every previous PM was as saintly as Mother Theresa on her good days!

The point is not just some cretin like Johnson who just happened to become PM due to the disgracefully low standard of MP.s who could of been shoehorned into the job. The fact we have to be governed by individuals who are more concerned with their own career prospects and how they can better themselves by taking the state for every benefit and expense they can squeeze out of the public teat.

The fact that a great many of them , ultimately useless and failed in every job they were ever given to complete then get shunted up to the lords to further fill the beaks at the expense of the taxpayer.

They may not all be the same but they all certainly know when and how to extract the maximum they can sponge whist being in the role.

#mostlyabunchofspungers

You might find this of interest mate .

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/1668888187966455811?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1668888187966455811%7Ctwgr%5Ec6a4b61cb78599232e8b3ac56552d2d62f355082%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taxresearch.org.uk%2FBlog%2F

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 16, 2023, 09:51:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
More from the BBC.

One former minister told the BBC they were planning to vote for the report but, in a sign of the febrile mood, did not want to say so publicly yet in case "something happens" over the weekend.

Another said: "I think I'm hovering between voting for the report and abstaining, the latter solely because voting for it will rile members."

The Tory party eh? They just do not get it.

This is a historic moment for our democratic systems. Our whole method of Govt relies on the principle that the Leaders do not lie to the House.

This is about buttressing that basic principle and sending a shot across the bows of any other liar who seeks high office. And here's two ex-Ministers thinking about it entirely in terms of how it will affect them.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 16, 2023, 11:10:52 am by bpoolrover »
More from the BBC.

One former minister told the BBC they were planning to vote for the report but, in a sign of the febrile mood, did not want to say so publicly yet in case "something happens" over the weekend.

Another said: "I think I'm hovering between voting for the report and abstaining, the latter solely because voting for it will rile members."

This is a historic moment for our democratic systems. Our whole method of Govt relies on the principle that the Leaders do not lie to the House.

This is about buttressing that basic principle and sending a shot across the bows of any other liar who seeks high office. And here's two ex-Ministers thinking about it entirely in terms of how it will affect them.
while i would normally agree with you on this, it works both ways, labour are rolling back on all there pledges so they can win the election, they are becoming pretty much conservitive to do that and you dont seem to have a problem with that, as i dont its clever politics,but why would the tories damage there chances more than they already have by causing more infighting?

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 16, 2023, 11:27:34 am by Hounslowrover »
So rolling back on pledges and saying that they are doing it is the same as lying? I then have a chance when manifestos are produced to make up my mind. Times and situations change, lying doesn’t.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 16, 2023, 11:49:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
More from the BBC.

while i would normally agree with you on this, it works both ways, labour are rolling back on all there pledges so they can win the election, they are becoming pretty much conservitive to do that and you dont seem to have a problem with that, as i dont its clever politics,but why would the tories damage there chances more than they already have by causing more infighting?
Our Billy doesn't like liars, though........ Apart from when wanting his beloved Labour Party to get into power by the only means it can, with more right-wing promises, and then showing that they lied to the electorate with more left-wing policies.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 16, 2023, 01:35:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As ever, BB, you conflate two totally separate issues.

One is the machinations of political campaigning. The other is the ability of Parliament to be able to function.

If you don't think a party delivers on what it pledges to do, you can vote them out.

A far bigger problem emerges if you can't trust a PM to tell the truth to Parliament. Because then it is impossible to hold the Govt to account for what they are doing. And our entire political system is based on Parliament being the sovereign decision-making body.

I assume you know this, but you're in one of those moods again.

And, God help you if you think Starmer is a Marxist wolf in right wing clothing...

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 16, 2023, 01:47:01 pm by bpoolrover »
So rolling back on pledges and saying that they are doing it is the same as lying? I then have a chance when manifestos are produced to make up my mind. Times and situations change, lying doesn’t.
not at all, my point is the tories will not vote for something if it will not benefit them, just as labour are now not really labour because it soes not benefit them, labour could have voted to block the anti protest bill but they didnt they devious just like the tories and abstained
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 01:51:20 pm by bpoolrover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 16, 2023, 02:09:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
As ever, BB, you conflate two totally separate issues.

One is the machinations of political campaigning. The other is the ability of Parliament to be able to function.

If you don't think a party delivers on what it pledges to do, you can vote them out.

A far bigger problem emerges if you can't trust a PM to tell the truth to Parliament. Because then it is impossible to hold the Govt to account for what they are doing. And our entire political system is based on Parliament being the sovereign decision-making body.

I assume you know this, but you're in one of those moods again.

And, God help you if you think Starmer is a Marxist wolf in right wing clothing...
Of course, you can vote a party out, but when you know they have a track record of lying and deceiving regarding their policies, it is far better to not vote for them in the first place. Of course, Starmer and his cronies will be found out, and consequently thrown out of power. I dare say that Starmer could well be the last Labour PM ever.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 16, 2023, 03:26:37 pm by mugnapper »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 16, 2023, 04:25:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He might be BB.

But I'll bet you £100 to a pinch of shite that he doesn't get booted out of Parliament for lying to them.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 16, 2023, 04:28:02 pm by danumdon »
not at all, my point is the tories will not vote for something if it will not benefit them, just as labour are now not really labour because it soes not benefit them, labour could have voted to block the anti protest bill but they didnt they devious just like the tories and abstained

Not all the same, but very nearly all the same.

If someone can tell me what Starmer believes in I'd appreciate it.

This is the fella who was ready to throw his mum in the fire if he didn't get his confirmation referendum he was that focused and up for it, in effect like a real politician with convictions and a desire to do what he thought was right.

Fast forward to now and we have an empty husk of a man, someone who apparently does not care to fight the brexit cause anymore and will now in effect work to make some sort of a success of it.

Does anyone actually believe this? does he actually believe that he can hoodwink a disillusioned and fed up electorate with his "made up agenda"

Id say a great many people see right through this charade and will be very wary of giving a vote to a leader who will say just about anything that will get him into the top job.

This guy is really just the same old chancer in unruffled clothes.

The electorate deserve so much better than this.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 16, 2023, 05:22:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He might be BB.

But I'll bet you £100 to a pinch of shite that he doesn't get booted out of Parliament for lying to them.
Probably not, after all, he won't have an opposition party that only offers a combination of virtue signalling, and living off accusations and condemnation of the government, like his party did when in opposition. When he finds he can't "run to the referee" every two minutes, he'll find it much harder to actually push through his own ideas rather than condemn those of the opposition.

God help us, that's what I say. Just see if I'm right.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012