Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:23:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Notts County game  (Read 6296 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Notts County game
« Reply #30 on August 18, 2023, 07:57:51 pm by Alan Southstand »
When you’re defending, you don’t need 3 up top! It should be one or both the wide front lads who track back to help their full backs and prevent the inevitable overload. Similarly, when we’re attacking, the full backs have to be prepared to support their attacking forwards. This is how to make the 4-3-3 work in your favour but it means a lot of work.
It was frustrating to watch us getting continually overloaded down the flanks. Are the players lazy or are they playing to orders? Who knows, but that have to realise that being hard to beat comes before anything else.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 18, 2023, 08:00:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Yeah it should but it’s not what happens. Especially if the balls moved quickly the overload will always be on v the full back.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 18, 2023, 08:05:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
1 clean sheet in their last 10 away league games over this season and last.

Last season even in National League they only managed 4 clean sheets in 23 away league games.

By comparison last season even we managed 5 away league clean sheets.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:11:29 pm by Chris Black come back »

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 18, 2023, 08:34:30 pm by BigH »
But they scored 117 goals last season!

I know which philosophy I prefer.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 18, 2023, 09:46:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
They actually scored more league goals away (63) than at home (54) last season!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2023, 09:31:39 am by ncRover »
Roberts in for Westbrooke and Wood in for Anderson.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2023, 09:37:30 am by TonySoprano »
No way would I play wood again.
I'd give him a coaching role now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2023, 10:49:48 am by selby »
  TS he is not that bad yet, but I must admit I don't see him in front of Faulkner now but obviously reputation and experience count against young players in certain positions.
  I see the doubt in young central defenders by managers, young strikers are seen as not that big a risk for some reason especially teenagers and keepers suffer from the same ideas, mid fielders and wide players get chucked in if showing promise even if they make the odd mistake are more likely to get a run of games as the fear factor is not there further up the field  by the managers.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 19, 2023, 11:35:10 am by TonySoprano »
Good points, perhaps he does have a role to play, but I just don't rate him.

I think his best attribute is his goal threat from set pieces.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 19, 2023, 11:49:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
When you’re defending, you don’t need 3 up top! It should be one or both the wide front lads who track back to help their full backs and prevent the inevitable overload. Similarly, when we’re attacking, the full backs have to be prepared to support their attacking forwards. This is how to make the 4-3-3 work in your favour but it means a lot of work.
It was frustrating to watch us getting continually overloaded down the flanks. Are the players lazy or are they playing to orders? Who knows, but that have to realise that being hard to beat comes before anything else.

Nail on head there Alan. We'll see if there any tweaks today that at least slows up the oppositions attacks.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 19, 2023, 02:39:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
Notts county may have a slight difference they play 343 so our fullbacks will occupied with their front three. They have got to try and force their wide players back

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 19, 2023, 03:44:29 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »
What has happened to our team!? It's been so dire watching Rovers for the last two years.

Watching each game, it invariably looks like we are playing a team a league above us. The players (from various different incarnations of the team over past seasons) have one consistency - that they all look they don't know what they're doing. They don't seem to be able to do the basic things that all professional footballers should be able to do. We don't seem to be able to defend simple balls into the box or create basic chances. I know this is just a vent, but after several seasons of this, I just feel lost and broken. It just devastates me that so many young fans that we developed during the Ryan years, we're at serious risk of losing due to these absolutely dire past few years.

It really doesn't make sense either, as we've had different managers with different systems and ideas; we've signed players from league one teams, others who were big players in league two sides, what is going on with our team!? ::headinhands::
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:48:47 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 19, 2023, 04:19:47 pm by Michael Shaw »
2 down at home against Notts Co. 1 point from 12 points so far. Everyone still think we are heading for the playoffs?

2+ years of "financial independence" or under funding in other words has killed the club. McCann signed 8 new players before most other clubs got started in the window and we are still supposedly getting used to playing together. Endless excuses keep coming on Viking Chat but we are heading for the national league. We won't be selling 5,000 STs next season at this rate. Until we get another owner to help Bramhall (who caused the problem in the first place) we are going to keep dropping. At the last MTO  all we heard about was football science and Bramhall charity work. Rovers and the fans were not his priority.

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 19, 2023, 04:23:25 pm by mushRTID »
This is absolutely pathetic.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 19, 2023, 04:29:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
So it’s a relegation battle again

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 19, 2023, 04:30:29 pm by ChrisBx »
So it’s a relegation battle again

We'll need to improve to make it a battle!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 19, 2023, 04:34:27 pm by dickos1 »
2 down at home against Notts Co. 1 point from 12 points so far. Everyone still think we are heading for the playoffs?

2+ years of "financial independence" or under funding in other words has killed the club. McCann signed 8 new players before most other clubs got started in the window and we are still supposedly getting used to playing together. Endless excuses keep coming on Viking Chat but we are heading for the national league. We won't be selling 5,000 STs next season at this rate. Until we get another owner to help Bramhall (who caused the problem in the first place) we are going to keep dropping. At the last MTO  all we heard about was football science and Bramhall charity work. Rovers and the fans were not his priority.

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

How many points had Stockport got after 4 games last season?
How many have they got this season?
How many have Wrexham got?
How many have Bradford got?

Clown

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 19, 2023, 04:36:31 pm by Upton Rover »

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

Clown
It’s about us

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 19, 2023, 04:37:01 pm by DRFCTom »
I personally don’t get the hype around Olowu, surely Faulkner can offer us more? He costs us in nearly every game

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 19, 2023, 04:38:16 pm by ChrisBx »

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

Clown

1. More points than we currently have.
2. As it stands, more points than we currently have.
3. More points than we currently have.
4. More points than we currently have.

Guess who also had more points than we currently have after 4 games? Hartlepool, and they went down.

This start is shocking, regardless of how much you obsess over Stockport's 2023/23 season.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:41:35 pm by ChrisBx »

waldron40

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 19, 2023, 04:44:44 pm by waldron40 »

Clown
It’s about us
Agreed. How other club fare is irrelevant to our performance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 19, 2023, 04:49:30 pm by dickos1 »

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

Clown

Guess who also had more points than we currently have after 4 games? Hartlepool, and they went down.

This start is shocking, regardless of how much you obsess over Stockport's 2023/23 season.

The point being, and I’m sure you’re not that thick to realise.
The league table means absolutely jack shit after 4 games, yes it’s a poor start but it means nothing at all.
Let’s see where we are after 15 games

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 19, 2023, 04:55:26 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »
To be honest I think those mentioning the points are missing the point...

This isn't just about the results or points, it's the nature of our performances. Absolutely a shambles, pretty much to a man. Experienced footballers who have had successful careers looking like they have no clue

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 19, 2023, 04:57:23 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Last season we were picking up points at this stage and we were worried about performances. Dumb to focus on points this early.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 19, 2023, 04:59:42 pm by ChrisBx »

Sorry, now 3-0 down....

Clown

The point being, and I’m sure you’re not that thick to realise.
The league table means absolutely jack shit after 4 games, yes it’s a poor start but it means nothing at all.
Let’s see where we are after 15 games

Thank you for your assessment of my intelligence. I'm well aware that the table after 4 games means relatively little, however our results, the score lines, and our performances are cause for concern.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 19, 2023, 05:04:20 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You can expect a slow start after making a few signings, but the performances so far have shown very little sign of any understanding building in the side.
Very disappointing so far. I expected a slow start but not for us to be as poor as so far. The manager has a lot of work to do.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 19, 2023, 05:13:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I do wonder who of the signings are Copps spots and who are McCann spots.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 19, 2023, 05:17:04 pm by In the box »
This indecision can’t go one .. will who EVER is to blame please f*** off !!

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 19, 2023, 05:18:48 pm by ChrisBx »
I do wonder who of the signings are Copps spots and who are McCann spots.

McCann signs them all off.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 19, 2023, 05:23:44 pm by roversdude »
Never thought I’d see a McCann team so soft, County never broke sweat today. Epitomised when their keeper just stood with the ball at his feet unchallenged.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012