Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:59:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ‘We’ve Got McCann’  (Read 2758 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
‘We’ve Got McCann’
« on October 21, 2023, 12:17:39 pm by belton rover »
I watched the game on the telly last night. After the final whistle I kept it on just in the background really. When the commentators had  put their mics down and left, for a minute or two there was just the camera on the pitch with audio. All that could be heard was our incredible fans who had made the journey singing this song.
It was like the end of an emotional documentary and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
A fantastic effort on the pitch was matched by you wonderful fans who made the journey in such atrocious conditions and with, hitherto, a very poor away record this season.
My cap is doffed to you all.

‘We’ve got the fans. The super Rovers fans. I just don’t think you understand…’

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: ‘We’ve Got McCann’
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2023, 12:22:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Of course we could still get promoted and if we continue the current form then statistically we probably will, although it remains a very tough ask. However, more importantly we are back again as a credible and professional side that competes consistently and can challenge and beat the very best in this league. This is all most will be asking for this season. McCann has done a superb job for us.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2023, 12:22:54 pm by mushRTID »
Adore the bloke.
Compare the final home game of last season vs where we are now. He’s done a phenomenal job on and off the pitch.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2023, 12:30:21 pm by Branton Red »
McCann is just what Rovers have been crying out for in a manager since.....McCann left in the first place.

An experienced manager who knows what he is doing, gets the best out of the players at his disposal and instills a positive attitude within his players and their tactical approach to matches.

His previous season here was one of the most enjoyable in my lifetime and this second spell is starting to shape up the same way.

He is the antithesis of Danny Schofield in every way.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2023, 12:48:13 pm by Nudga »
A couple of of Tranmere's fans whining on the way out "you'd think they'd just won the f**kin league".

Erm no, just giving our lads proper support and enjoying our night after a shit journey there.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 21, 2023, 12:53:21 pm by GazLaz »
He’s managing two levels below his ability. Miracle we got him really.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2023, 01:00:11 pm by Nudga »
He’s managing two levels below his ability. Miracle we got him really.

Hopefully he now appreciates the connection he has with the club/fans and gives us 3 to 5 seasons.
He has the ability to take us to the Championship, I just hope the board continue to back him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2023, 01:12:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's been afforded more patience from the fans that other managers wouldn't have been given. Managing a football club is a very difficult, time absorbing, all consuming job and I think a couple of our previous managers weren't allowed enough tolerance really.

I think McCann has definitely developed and matured as a manager and as a man. He can handle adversity much better now. I remember in his first spell, occasionally he'd be red faced with anger. He's much more level headed now and says himself he's learned to delegate much better and take things less personally.

This injury crisis would have stretched some managers beyond breaking point but McCann is handling it very well both internally with the players and externally with the press.

Of course, should we continue to improve, it will get noticed again. We can only hope he would rather achieve greater things here while being appreciated and trusted with the empire he's building. He knows he wouldn't get the same tolerance elsewhere.

Enjoy it while we McCann.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2023, 02:05:10 pm by Drover »
He said in one interview,when the opportunity for our managers job came up,his wife told him he was happiest when he was our manager,or words to that effect,so I hope he will be with us a longtime yet,thank you Mrs McCann.

glosterred

• VSC Member

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2023, 02:09:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Darren Moore. "What attracted you to the Doncaster job Darren?"...."I was out of work". Big clue at the very start.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 21, 2023, 02:42:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Of course we could still get promoted and if we continue the current form then statistically we probably will, although it remains a very tough ask. However, more importantly we are back again as a credible and professional side that competes consistently and can challenge and beat the very best in this league. This is all most will be asking for this season. McCann has done a superb job for us.

Making the playoffs isn't impossible but it's very hard from this position.

If 75 points gets you 7th place, we need the following

P32 W17 D7 L8

Not impossible of course but that's a big ask, especially from a squad stretched so thinly.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 21, 2023, 02:48:25 pm by adamtherover »

P32 W17 D7 L8

Not impossible of course but that's a big ask, especially from a squad stretched so thinly.
we are currently 5pts behind 7th, with 32 games to play..  some folk would say there's all to play for ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 21, 2023, 02:51:39 pm by GazLaz »

P32 W17 D7 L8

Add in the fact we have improve to be a respectable side but we are not a great side yet. That’s a run of results of a great side.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 21, 2023, 05:04:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's 3rd-4th place form.

I don't think we are that good yet. Perhaps with 8-9 players back fit?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 21, 2023, 05:06:14 pm by mpc123 »

P32 W17 D7 L8

We could by Jan have a really strong squad with many injured back, fingers crossed.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 21, 2023, 06:29:42 pm by Rovers91 »
Loads of time left this season and far too early to be working out what we need to get what. Every team this season will have a wobble and we've got lads returning.
We will be the team that makes the surge in the second half of season and we are making positive steps already with that many injuries.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 21, 2023, 06:33:01 pm by philsky »
It's 3rd-4th place form.

I don't think we are that good yet. Perhaps with 8-9 players back fit?

Agreed.

For me I see an excellent first team just now but there is no depth for obvious reasons.

Cover vital

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2023, 11:17:05 am by roversdude »
Never seen Grant look as happy as when he came over to the fans on Friday night.
And to think some wanted rid a few weeks ago

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2023, 11:48:24 am by mushRTID »
Never seen Grant look as happy as when he came over to the fans on Friday night.

Who wanted Grant gone?

I have literally never seen or hear one rovers fan say this. Even when online Twitter accounts were saying he was under pressure.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2023, 12:08:55 pm by mpc123 »
I've never seen in 45 years a love for a manager at Rovers.

It was obvious we had to be proactive to move for him, I with many was so desperate to get him back, but there was a lot of so called idiots asking for change, alot of the ones are those that are backing him through thick and thin now too.

We are in a really good place as a club at the moment, we feel connected again, we are entertained, we are now starting to get the results.

Not only that there has been a degree of patience from the fans too which is often not seen in football in general.

There is alot of good players coming back from injury to add strength to the squad in the 2nd half of the season.

We've got McCann, Super Grant McCann

Keep supporting, keep believing!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2023, 12:13:10 pm by adamtherover »
did they? 2 points out of the first 21  and not a mumour of McCann OUT at the eco power,  everyone knew it was gonna be a slow build, which it was..   now it's a steam train....RTID

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2023, 12:20:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
did they? 2 points out of the first 21  and not a mumour of McCann OUT at the eco power,  everyone knew it was gonna be a slow build, which it was..   now it's a steam train....RTID

There were a few on Facebook and the Netto crew were getting restless again, although they were once again starting to point the finger at Blunt and Baldwin.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2023, 02:42:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Realistically I think we'll miss out this season. Before a ball was kicked I predicted an 8th place finish. But at this point I'd be happy with finishing strongly, something we haven't done in years, and hit the ground running next season.

Hickleton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2023, 03:29:36 pm by Hickleton Rover »
seeing as we have played most of the top half of the table already IMO we can only get stronger ans better as players come back from injury, and we would have a very strong bench to bring players on when opposition teams are starting to flag :rtid:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 22, 2023, 03:32:08 pm by Nudga »
Northern Irish man or board have got their man??
Keep hearing two versions

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 22, 2023, 04:13:41 pm by roversdude »

There were a few on Facebook and the Netto crew were getting restless again, although they were once again starting to point the finger at Blunt and Baldwin.

Thanks DBR knew I’d not imagined it

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 22, 2023, 05:25:53 pm by Donnywolf »
I think the Manager needs to have a word with GM and tell him to cut out the petty Yellow and Red Cards.

He should remind him he's no good back in the Dressing room every other game . Ah I just remembered .....  :lol: :scarf:

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 23, 2023, 02:28:32 am by Ryaldinhio »
I don't understand the negativity on this thread.

We are 5 points off playoffs and turned a real corner, we are 3rd in form table so why can't we make 5pts up?

Then after that we have a lot of players to come back which will help the push.

Keep this train going and enjoy it while we can!!!!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 23, 2023, 03:12:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I wouldn’t agree that he has done a phenomenal job so far, as suggested earlier in the posts. Though we’ve played a lot of the top teams the points accrued until recently were very poor. At the minute the club is at a crossroads, carry on recent form and we will be up there, which looking at our squad we should be. Lose a couple of games though and we are back where we started.

Taking into account though the injuries we’ve had all season, I think that has bought the manager leeway. It was always going to take time to mould the squad into being fully functioning, it has took longer than I expected.
What I like about the manager is he hasn’t got a negative bone in his body, he sets his teams up to go out and win and entertain if possible. Much more promising than we’ve had for quite a few years.

It’s taken us to drop to the bottom league to start trying to sort the football side of things out. I still think we miss a good ball winner in the midfield but really promising form of late. It was a very ambitious move to get McCann back here. It would be nice if he sees the job out and hopefully get us back up to championship level again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012