Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:06:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blunt  (Read 4937 times)

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
Blunt
« on October 22, 2023, 05:08:33 pm by TonySoprano »
Looks like his horse won something, he's given an interview to itv racing regarding it, gone down like a salmon sandwich with rovers fans on X.

Understandable really, given how little you hear from him regarding Rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Blunt
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2023, 05:26:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thank goodness it won, rather than it losing and him having to put it down!

What a bad man he is!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2023, 05:40:20 pm by roversdude »
Let’s hope it’s not a horse that’s been painted another colour

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2023, 05:50:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let’s hope it’s not a horse that’s been painted another colour

Ha ha. Now that does put things into perspective!!!!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2023, 09:24:33 pm by Retdon1 »
He won 300k for his horse winning that race
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 11:53:55 pm by Retdon1 »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2023, 09:33:30 pm by Nudga »
£300k his horse won for winning

What's a horse going to spend that on? A bigger field?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2023, 10:19:39 pm by Iberian Red »
£300k his horse won for winning

What's a horse going to spend that on? A bigger field?

A shit load of hay

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2023, 02:43:30 am by Colemans Left Hook »
 I couldn't believe it when someone said he had won 300 grand more like 3 grand i thought on an all weather track.

The horse  had put off his one way ticket to Demulders for another day I thought  . It turns out to be a 4 year old mare now worth perhaps towards a couple of million (at least one ?) after it's Group One win at Ascot of all places .

By the way the jockey gets 10% of any prize money plus his riding fee

having recovered from my fall from my chair I decided to investigate further.

from memory the mare has "black type" against it's name for winning whilst Blunt has only "black marks" against him on here (I'm only joking mi Lord)

so  checking it out as I said it turns out it's a 4 year old mare &  won at 22/1 not quite the complete outsider in the field and it beat rather luckily (the post came too soon) a filly called Bluestocking which just happens to be bred in the purple and  having won a race last season (not worth a lot) is worth a fortune for breeding.  I mentioned the filly Bluestocking on here in late May.

This Bluestocking filly has a top class pedigree and may well over the next decade produce a Classic winner. 

in a thread called
Jeff Stelling the way forward what's next for him ?

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=288061.msg1239449#msg1239449

as I am supposed to working on a project regarding "Bluestocking" but the dust on that project is knee high - never mind stocking high  and a third Project has turned up  :headbang:

I have checked out the pedigree of the dam of Blunts winning mare . - called Alpine Dream and it was fairly modest . the Blunts actually bred this mare (won today) meaning they will be producing a horse every year and the breeding value of the dam (Alpine Dream) has gone up a lots . He is now a successful owner breeder

for those who know horses here is the SP on the dam Alpine Dream it's now 10 year old so must have produced a few foals over the years before hitting the jackpot

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/896201/alpine-dream/form

He certainly got a double bubble result yesterday and will need his trousers made with deeper pockets in the future

here is a bit more info on this "dark horse"

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/owner/191246/david-yvonne-blunt/entries

« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 02:49:25 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2023, 12:24:44 am by Drover »
£300,000? NAAAAYYYYY!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 25, 2023, 01:50:48 am by Colemans Left Hook »
£300,000? NAAAAYYYYY!

actually it was £301,000 - have checked her out and she had won £70,000 earlier in the season

now the good news

https://www.racingtv.com/news/poptronic-set-for-sales-date-after-putting-seal-on-her-career-at-ascot

"Poptronic set for sales date after putting seal on her career at Ascot
Tue 24 Oct 2023
Poptronic is likely to bow out at the top following her thrilling success in the British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes at Ascot.

Karl Burke’s four-year-old was sent off as a relatively unfancied 22-1 chance, but produced a career-best effort in the hands of Sam James, showing real bravery as she made every yard for a first success at the highest level.

It was a welcome return to form for the Lancashire Oaks scorer, who had disappointed in her two previous starts and Burke believes the switch to the inner track allowed her stamina to come to the fore in testing conditions on British Champions Day.

Poptronic triumphs in the QIPCO Champions Fillies and Mares Stakes at Ascot

“She was brilliant and did very well,” said Burke. “She has always been a very good filly and was given a great ride by Sam James.

“I think the switch to the inner track was to her advantage. It was half a furlong shorter and the way the race was run we got our own way in front. It all worked out brilliantly well.

“She’s a strong stayer over a mile and a half and over one-three and a bit we could make more use of her. She’s a galloper, but a high-class galloper.”

Poptronic’s Ascot success means she now has victories in every season she has been in training at Spigot Lodge, with the final act of her on-track career seeing her add a Group One triumph to her enviable CV.

Owned and bred by David and Yvonne Blunt, the daughter of Nathaniel is catalogued to be sold at Tattersalls later in the year where she will be one of the features in the Sceptre Sessions during the December Mare Sale.

“She’s got a date at the sales and as far as I know she will be going there at the beginning of December,” continued Burke.

“The owners were on a high on Saturday and thinking that over, but I think it is probably the right thing to do with her.

“She’s a winner at two, three and four with a couple of Group races in there and we’ve been very happy with her.”

So December it is (££££££££££££) just in time for the opening of the January transfer WIndow (in my dreams ---- perhaps not :crying: :crying: :crying:)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 01:55:24 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Blunt POPTRONIC IS BEING SOLD LOT 1784 DONNYBROOK IS LOT 1780
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2023, 04:37:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Lest we forget (as we get the begging bowl out -- a large one )

Tattersalls December Mare Sale 2023
4th - 7th December 2023

https://www.tattersalls.com/sales/december-mare-sale/4DCGI/Sale/DEM23/Main

POPTRONIC is lot 1784   -- but hopefully we have a lucky omen for her --  Totally by chance if you look at the top of my photo we see DONNYbrook is being sold !!  lot 1780 4 lots before -- i didnt even notice that til i had taken the photo !!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the bidders have sharpened their blunt pencils  "every little helps".
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:03:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 05, 2023, 06:16:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I couldn't believe it when someone said he had won 300 grand more like 3 grand i thought on an all weather track.

The horse  had put off his one way ticket to Demulders for another day I thought  . It turns out to be a 4 year old mare now worth perhaps towards a couple of million (at least one ?) after it's Group One win at Ascot of all places .

By the way the jockey gets 10% of any prize money plus his riding fee

having recovered from my fall from my chair I decided to investigate further.

[/b] from memory the mare has "black type" against it's name for winning whilst Blunt has only "black marks" against him on here (I'm only joking mi Lord)

so  checking it out as I said it turns out it's a 4 year old mare &  won at 22/1 not quite the complete outsider in the field and it beat rather luckily (the post came too soon) a filly called Bluestocking which just happens to be bred in the purple and  having won a race last season (not worth a lot) is worth a fortune for breeding.  I mentioned the filly Bluestocking on here in late May.

This Bluestocking filly has a top class pedigree and may well over the next decade produce a Classic winner. 

in a thread called
Jeff Stelling the way forward what's next for him ?

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=288061.msg1239449#msg1239449

as I am supposed to working on a project regarding "Bluestocking" but the dust on that project is knee high - never mind stocking high  and a third Project has turned up  :headbang:

I have checked out the pedigree of the dam of Blunts winning mare . - called Alpine Dream and it was fairly modest . the Blunts actually bred this mare (won today) meaning they will be producing a horse every year and the breeding value of the dam (Alpine Dream) has gone up a lots . He is now a successful owner breeder

for those who know horses here is the SP on the dam Alpine Dream it's now 10 year old so must have produced a few foals over the years before hitting the jackpot

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/896201/alpine-dream/form

He certainly got a double bubble result yesterday and will need his trousers made with deeper pockets in the future

here is a bit more info on this "dark horse"

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/owner/191246/david-yvonne-blunt/entries

WELL !! it turns out  I valued his four legged friend pretty accurately - (as usual some of you had the men in white coats ready )  I don't know if that includes the commission (Sotheby's bung the commission on top when they make an announcement of a record sale - to make a bigger headline ) or not  but remember the price is in guineas    - so the price in £ is 5% more   anyhow it sold for 1.47 MILLION POUNDS "according to Weatherbys"

1784     Poptronic (GB) 2019 B.F. BY Nathaniel (IRE) EX Alpine Dream (IRE)  UPDATE    Spigot Lodge Stables (K. Burke)   Sanctuary Lodge   1,400,000  guineas   becomes   £1,470,000
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 06:38:18 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 09, 2023, 10:55:13 am by selby »
  Like the rest of us he is entitled to do with his money what he wants to do, and that doesn't mean he has to pour money down the drain supporting something most on here have an opinion on but unfortunately don't have two pence to scratch their arses with, and just make a noise.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 09, 2023, 01:41:41 pm by rover-n-out »

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 09, 2023, 05:46:10 pm by ForsolongaRover »
  Like the rest of us he is entitled to do with his money what he wants to do, and that doesn't mean he has to pour money down the drain supporting something most on here have an opinion on but unfortunately don't have two pence to scratch their arses with, and just make a noise.

As a proportion of income I suspect that quite a few put more into their passion for the club than Mr Blunt. And I wonder how many matches he has watched from the terraces in the sort of weather  those brave souls endured today?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 09, 2023, 06:02:44 pm by Nudga »
No problem him spending his money on his hobby/passion but in footballing terms, he hasn't got two pence to scratch his arse with.
Shows little interest in the club (from our point of view anyway).

I wish he'd just sell his share of the club to someone who wants to take the club forward.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 09, 2023, 06:15:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
His stake doesn’t matter. The only ownership stake that matters is Terry as nobody else has or can cover the losses. He is there because Terry wants him there. And as Terry covers the losses, that’s what counts. Nobody is going to buy a small minority stake and cover the losses, even if Blunt did sell.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 09, 2023, 06:19:54 pm by Nudga »
His stake doesn’t matter. The only ownership stake that matters is Terry as nobody else has or can cover the losses. He is there because Terry wants him there. And as Terry covers the losses, that’s what counts. Nobody is going to buy a small minority stake and cover the losses, even if Blunt did sell.

Why not? JR brought DW and TB in to do just that.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 09, 2023, 06:24:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
They came in as equal owners and also it was sheer luck. Two local businessmen about to strike gold by offloading their business and had money to burn. Blunt and his little stake isn’t material. Terry has always said he would sell if anyone credible came along. In fact he’d probably be pleased to pass on liability for covering losses but nobody credible has turned up. If someone did, then it wouldn’t be the small Blunt stake going, it would be Terry’s.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 09, 2023, 06:27:09 pm by selby »
Fslar, unfortunately one is chicken feed, the other is part owner of the joint and can spend what he wants, not what they want, so they make a noise, the owner thinks sod em and nobody wins and the vitriol just carries on making a noise the owner doesn't listen to it at all and pulls the draw bridge up because he can.
   Neither wins and the loser is the club itself while one side feels big shouting their mouth off, and the owner has a laugh at their expense and spends his money on horses which are a better investment by the looks of it.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 09, 2023, 06:31:18 pm by Nudga »
They came in as equal owners and also it was sheer luck. Two local businessmen about to strike gold by offloading their business and had money to burn. Blunt and his little stake isn’t material. Terry has always said he would sell if anyone credible came along. In fact he’d probably be pleased to pass on liability for covering losses but nobody credible has turned up. If someone did, then it wouldn’t be the small Blunt stake going, it would be Terry’s.

Blunt has a 1/3 share.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 09, 2023, 06:40:46 pm by selby »
  He paid a big debt off just last season, and does his share, I am sure if he reads this column he will be encouraged to keep coughing up.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 09, 2023, 09:24:12 pm by silent majority »
  He paid a big debt off just last season, and does his share, I am sure if he reads this column he will be encouraged to keep coughing up.

You’ll have to explain that one selby. Are you talking about DB?

If so you’re completely wrong.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 09, 2023, 10:18:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How come he has 1/3 shares? Had he put X amount in? I'm fully aware Gavin has been given them for essentially the amount of income he's generated being here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 10, 2023, 11:46:43 am by silent majority »
How come he has 1/3 shares? Had he put X amount in? I'm fully aware Gavin has been given them for essentially the amount of income he's generated being here.

He did buy into the club, the shares weren’t gifted.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 10, 2023, 12:11:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think it is still the case that Doncaster Rovers Limited is 98.42pc owned by Club Doncaster Limited. I recall that JR surrendered his entire shareholding in Doncaster Rovers Limited, so I assume the other c1.6pc in Doncaster Rovers Limited is held by lots of legacy small shareholders accumulated over the years. Probably a chunk of that is with the VSC itself. These small shareholders are clearly irrelevant for the purposes of control or funding but perhaps have access to more financial information than the extremely limited Accounts that are made public each year.

So what Blunt has is a stake in Club Doncaster Limited, which incorporates Doncaster Rovers Limited, Doncaster Rugby League Club Limited and Doncaster Rovers Belles Ladies Football Club Limited.

If someone wanted to buy the stake Blunt holds, they would be buying a stake in Club Doncaster, which is much more than just Doncaster Rovers Limited. Perhaps not that enticing for someone just wanting to get involved in football.

Terry doesn't control Club Doncaster Limited, and has less than 50pc of the shares. What he does though is cover the losses for Club Doncaster Limited, which gives him effective ultimate control. The other two shareholders in Club Doncaster Limited are Blunt and Gavin Baldwin.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 01:20:43 pm by Chris Black come back »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 10, 2023, 12:30:01 pm by Sprotyrover »
TBH the shares are probably worthless, I don’t doubt if some Billionaire turned up and had a good name and due diligence they would get the club for £1.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 10, 2023, 01:04:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
With major shareholdings come liability and responsibility. It safeguards the future of the club as a whole and helps prevent reckless decision making.

We've seen so many clubs who've been at the whim of one major shareholder, go tits up. You don't have to look very far to see examples of clubs in turmoil, and being under threat of extinction as a result.

There's good reason for the major shareholding to be split 3 ways. Irrespective of what folk assume about funding, there's three sound decision makers who are working to make sure the club is run for the benefit of all of us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012