Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:26:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rosso  (Read 1309 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Rosso
« on November 21, 2023, 04:24:16 pm by roversdude »
Admins if this needs moving to O/T please feel free

Rosso in the news for having a transgender player in their Ladies team - other teams are refusing to play them as an opposition player suffered a serious knee injury. That’s some shot btw

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Rosso
« Reply #2 on November 21, 2023, 06:08:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
My reading of this case is that there are various FA hoops to jump through in order to play in a female league and this player passed them all. Seems unfortunate for this player if despite that, they have been informally asked to not play. They did not write the rules. Perhaps the rules need reviewing maybe.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 21, 2023, 06:16:32 pm by Nudga »
I disagree, look at the team photo, that dude is massive compared to the other players. Can you imagine the potential carnage of a 50/50 tackle with a woman in a man's body.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 21, 2023, 06:19:51 pm by DonnyNoel »
My reading of this case is that there are various FA hoops to jump through in order to play in a female league and this player passed them all. Seems unfortunate for this player if despite that, they have been informally asked to not play. They did not write the rules. Perhaps the rules need reviewing maybe.

I think your last sentence is correct. Cricket have just brought in a rule that anyone who went through puberty as a male cannot play in womens sports and I think thats a solid judgement and cricket isn't even a contact sport. The strength differences are just too much.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 21, 2023, 07:30:23 pm by roversdude »
I believe there are tests to determine testosterone levels not sure if that filters down to this level though
All I can think of is Lola

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 21, 2023, 07:37:32 pm by danumdon »
Whats the betting they were a bang average/crap player in a previous life?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 21, 2023, 07:40:52 pm by danumdon »

I think your last sentence is correct. Cricket have just brought in a rule that anyone who went through puberty as a male cannot play in womens sports and I think thats a solid judgement and cricket isn't even a contact sport. The strength differences are just too much.

Any sport that requires more than an average level of physical ability need to draft their eligibility rules very carefully. Otherwise you end up with a situation like this.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 21, 2023, 08:32:10 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012