Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 03:39:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 new signings  (Read 4094 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: 2 new signings
« Reply #30 on December 23, 2023, 05:04:33 pm by normal rules »
Two new players training and waiting to be shoe ins into the side will have a disruptive effect on those in the first 11 for sure . It’s a sure fire way to undermine the current first team when new players are brought in line this. Maybe this is why rovers are so shite currently.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 09:56:21 pm by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 23, 2023, 05:17:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Two new players training and waiting to be shows into the side will have a disruptive effect on those in the first 11 for sure . It’s a sure fire way to undermine the current first team when new players are brought in line this. Maybe this is why rovers are so shite currently.
Disagree NR
We have lots of injuries.
Our bench has 3 kids on it at present.
If players are thinking like you say then they shouldn’t be professional footballers.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 23, 2023, 06:27:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Where is this ‘building’? Schofield used to go on about it. Some sort of processing unit at the training ground maybe. Conveyor belt in an out.

Lots of managers use the term. It's just symbolic.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 23, 2023, 06:29:27 pm by dickos1 »
Two new players training and waiting to be shows into the side will have a disruptive effect on those in the first 11 for sure . It’s a sure fire way to undermine the current first team when new players are brought in line this. Maybe this is why rovers are so shite currently.

It should have the complete opposite effect, should make them think there’s no chance I’m giving my place up

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 23, 2023, 06:59:27 pm by pib »
Gone are the days of rumours of players such as Ostler, Sharpe, McGamon etc

We have got Sotana and McCaan now though.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 23, 2023, 08:01:17 pm by Campsall rover »

Who is McCaan?
Sotana forgot he was still at DRFC is he injured also? 
Roberts another one. Made a fleeting appearance v Burton in the BSM cup and then vanished.
Is he injured also?  Both not good enough for our depleted bench if they are fit.  Send them back in January.
Or did we sign Sotona? Hope it was only a 1 yr deal if we did.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 23, 2023, 08:08:11 pm by selby »
  Sotona is on loan at  Boston.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 23, 2023, 08:57:02 pm by scawsby steve »

Who is McCaan?
Roberts another one. Made a fleeting appearance v Burton in the BSM cup and then vanished.
Is he injured also?  Both not good enough for our depleted bench if they are fit.  Send them back in January.

Whoosh!!!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 23, 2023, 09:56:57 pm by normal rules »
Disagree NR
We have lots of injuries.
Our bench has 3 kids on it at present.
If players are thinking like you say then they shouldn’t be professional footballers.

Based on what I’ve seen in the last two weeks, some aren’t professional.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 24, 2023, 01:04:21 am by pib »

Who is McCaan?

Never mind.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 24, 2023, 01:10:45 am by Drover »
Agreed and could be in the building before the window opens.

Would this indicate loans?

Or a manager and Assistant

Not that I think it should be,yet.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 24, 2023, 01:53:52 am by MachoMadness »
Where is this ‘building’? Schofield used to go on about it. Some sort of processing unit at the training ground maybe. Conveyor belt in an out.
More importantly, is it located before or after Darren Moore's 'line'?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 24, 2023, 02:36:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The important thing is that they are better than what we have. Every signing from now on need to be an improvement, otherwise we end up with bodies. Hopefully there has been a lot of thought gone into, what exactly each player is going to bring that we don’t already have.

The manager has mentioned physicality and pace as assets we lack. Maybe these signings will give us that. Very hard balancing act to keep a squad happy. When you have the injuries we do, you can’t write anybody off, until you get a deal done for them leaving the club. Otherwise you end up with a Bogle situation.

For me it’s not great to do it in January, but I think a fair few need to go out, if we can do deals with other clubs. The way we’ve been playing it isn’t easy to offload the ones you want out.
Long term we need to be giving young players of our own a chance, if good enough. There has to be a squad put together, and a steadying of the ship.

Right now the playing squad needs new faces. A bit of determination, pace and will to win badly needs to be added. For me you can’t solve it just bringing youth team players from other clubs. We need experience as well.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 24, 2023, 11:12:30 am by ncRover »
Players signed from the League of Ireland have been pretty much snapped up now.

Jack Moylan joint top scorer is already announced at Lincoln and eligible from Jan 2nd.
The other top scorer will be out of our reach I imagine.

I’ve been looking through impressive players in that league and I reckon we will sign a lad called Harry Wood on loan from Hull. Attacking midfielder with 7 assists and 2 goals in 14 games for Shelbourne and has recently returned. Was at Hull when McCann was.

The top scorer in the Northern Irish league (which I imagine McCann keeps an eye on) is a 22 year old ex Brighton youngster called Ben Wilson with 16 goals in 22 games. Their season is currently ongoing but he only has 6 months left on his contract. Not sure on the standard here though.

We won’t be paying a fee for anyone with over 6 months left on their contract I imagine.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 24, 2023, 11:16:38 am by andyst79 »

It should have the complete opposite effect, should make them think there’s no chance I’m giving my place up
Exactly this, some of this shower need to realise they're playing for their football career nevermind their Doncaster Rovers career. There's not many places left to go from a bottom end L2 club

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 24, 2023, 11:36:07 am by Draytonian III »
Ben Wilson is rumoured to be joining Hibs at the end of the year, the majority of his goals have come against teams in the lower half of the league.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 24, 2023, 11:39:52 am by roversdude »
Maybe Irish League with a local connection?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012