Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:36:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 13 Teams  (Read 1959 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: 13 Teams
« Reply #30 on January 28, 2024, 09:59:14 am by ncRover »
And when the concern of playing a 38 year old in a high pressing attacking team that would have a high defensive line was raised it was shut down.

Especially in a back 4 which McCann prefers to play. Wood only made sense if he had pace either side in a back 3 which I thought was the Rotherham system? But I’m sure they would have played a deeper line in the Championship anyway.

Every recruitment needs to be spot on and make perfect sense to fit a certain role for a certain style of play. Or else it just causes a domino effect of chaos.

Wishful thinking from Coppinger to just go ahead with the Wood signing because it was conveniently already agreed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:05:11 am by ncRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 28, 2024, 11:07:22 am by GazLaz »
Coppinger is clueless and needs replacing in whatever role he does. He’s a sizeable part of the problem. He’s a good guy but he is too emotionally led. He’s too much of an optimist. He falls into every trap and bias possible when looking at players.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 28, 2024, 11:35:02 am by ForsolongaRover »
What is tragic is that usually it is teams that are virtually bankrupt that go down. We will be the first financially sound club to get relegated if that is what happens.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 28, 2024, 02:00:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Every manager and every player we sign seems to get worse after a few months with us. Club is rotten.

McCann has to hold his hands up the squad isn’t fit enough and he’s never sorted our defence out which has been glaring all season. If Bailey is our best defender then he should play there every flipping week!

That said changing manager isn’t an option because of point one. Whoever we get will be brought down by the state of what they find.

Money doesn’t feel like the problem for us at this level looking at the squad and its size there’s enough budget there to be a top team in this division imo.

I’ll give McCann the benefit of the doubt on the summer signings who I think may have been lined up by Copps beforehand. Certainly Wood was signing before Schofield left and he is not an obvious McCann player but would have suited the 3 Schofield wanted to play.

So whoever is making the signings needs to go. We’ve all been saying it for years now. Younger left and was replaced by Copps. Does Copps still have any say in signings? If so he has to go. This summer certainly felt like Copps was as involved as McCann.

Wood is appalling in a back three. Tyke & the Barnsley fans who came on here were laughing at us when they heard that's how we were playing him.

You’ve got it the wrong way round. Rotherham fans were laughing when we tried to play him in a 4 early doors. He either plays centre of a 3 or doesn’t play imo.

edlored

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 28, 2024, 03:53:15 pm by edlored »
We've got an obsession about playing football like we did under sod unless you have players like we did it's a pipe dream you have to recruit to get out the league even if that means 5or 6 six foot players at the moment these young lads are getting eaten alive

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 28, 2024, 03:59:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We've got an obsession about playing football like we did under sod unless you have players like we did it's a pipe dream you have to recruit to get out the league even if that means 5or 6 six foot players at the moment these young lads are getting eaten alive

100% this. We’ve got to sign players to stay in the league never mind get out the right way!

Club is crying out for back to basics from top to bottom. Both for recruitment and the way we set up on a match day. Nevermind fitness and conditioning.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 28, 2024, 04:00:29 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Coppinger is clueless and needs replacing in whatever role he does. He’s a sizeable part of the problem. He’s a good guy but he is too emotionally led. He’s too much of an optimist. He falls into every trap and bias possible when looking at players.

Dean Saunders might have made a good HOF for us in the position we were/are.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 28, 2024, 04:17:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
It has been looking bad for quite a long time now but breaking point for me came somewhere between Wellens overseeing the most shambolic window in professional football in the summer of 2021, and McSheffrey putting all his chips on saving us from relegation in the January 2022 window by trying to sign John Joe O'Toole. What a circus act.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 28, 2024, 04:45:58 pm by keith79 »
I asked the question at the start of the thread as I genuinely don't have an answer. I agree the recruitment under McCann looks increasingly scattered. I also agree that he's failed to make us defensively solid as a starting point, and I hope he starts to realise we've now reached the point where that becomes a necessity.

With regards to GM and his ability to rebuild a team, did he not rebuild his Hull team who had an absolutely horrific second half of their championship relegation season into a league one title winning team? I'm not entirely sure how much player turnover there was, but I'd assume a decent amount?
do you mean that hull team that should have never been relegated.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 28, 2024, 04:48:31 pm by keith79 »
wellens wouldn't have signed 90% of them players if he had the money mccann had.
It has been looking bad for quite a long time now but breaking point for me came somewhere between Wellens overseeing the most shambolic window in professional football in the summer of 2021, and McSheffrey putting all his chips on saving us from relegation in the January 2022 window by trying to sign John Joe O'Toole. What a circus act.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012