Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:59:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Sutton United game  (Read 8250 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Sutton United game
« Reply #30 on February 01, 2024, 03:42:23 pm by adamtherover »
We had a decent pint in their clubhouse
Driving all the way this time rather than tube etc

I considered that but thought the trip through London might take ages. Are you travelling from Donny or elsewhere in the North. If so are you planning to go through London? Or around and back in?
best thing is to stop over in a cheap prem inn, make a weekend of it, day on London on Sunday, then a leisurely trip back north in the evening,   we do ít for every southern based team we play...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 01, 2024, 03:49:43 pm by Scooter »

I considered that but thought the trip through London might take ages. Are you travelling from Donny or elsewhere in the North. If so are you planning to go through London? Or around and back in?
best thing is to stop over in a cheap prem inn, make a weekend of it, day on London on Sunday, then a leisurely trip back north in the evening,   we do ít for every southern based team we play...

Nice idea. Can’t do that - too many other commitments. Wife works nights and my youngest boy has a match Sunday morning.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 01, 2024, 04:15:04 pm by RoversInSpain »
It’s a terrible ground and there isn’t much close to the ground either. It’s not an enjoyable day out.

I had a fantastic day out last year, did a couple of pubs around Raynes Park and then dinner and a few more pubs in New Malden. The only blip was a couple of hours between 3 & 5pm.
Over the years how many times have we all said, leaving the pub was the days biggest mistake.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 01, 2024, 06:13:11 pm by Branton Rover »
Myself and the wife going, it’s a nice day out for her but a potential ordeal for me.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 01, 2024, 06:24:54 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I see so few matches now as the South is a League 2 desert, but I'm making the effort tomorrow and simply being there instead of iFollow is a great treat. If necessary I can shout at them directly even though my wife disapproves. But we must have more chance than usual. The only goal Sutton got on Tuesday went right through the Harrogate  goalkeeper's legs when he was under no pressure at all.

PS. Less than 10 of the current National League members are what you'd call Northern clubs, so ......... I won't say any more!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 02, 2024, 02:47:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
If Tim the new goalkeeper starts he will be the 36th player we have used this season in the league no wonder we haven’t been consistent.
Let’s hope we can get something from this game.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 02, 2024, 03:01:07 pm by roversdude »

Actually going to Chessington first so round and back in

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 02, 2024, 04:54:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, somewhat of a relief that Moly and Bailey are available although Close and Carty are definitely out, with the latter returned to Bolton due to his ACL.

What we really want to see is the team going into the game with desire and purpose as evert tackle, pass, cross, effort on goal matters. There was only one team who showed that in the early stages of the game, and that was Stockport. Whilst Bradford displayed some better basic defending, we need to take that and really start positively. No waiting to see how the opposition starts then trying to match them.

With a week full of angst, the best tonic for everyone is three points.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:41:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 02, 2024, 06:15:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
Lump your money on a Rovers win, we are a much better team than Sutton. Tomorrow we prove it!!

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 03, 2024, 03:24:09 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Although it’s not season defining as there will still be 18 games left to play and if we do get beat we’d still be 4 clear with a game in hand but tomorrow feels like a massive game for confidence starting what will be our best chance to get a decent run going and pull away from danger.

The injury frustrations carry on with players coming back and then losing 2 more to injury including arguably our best player. Will be interesting to see how we do in the midfield without him as he’s been a massive miss when not there as he seems to be the only one who can keep hold of the ball and control a midfield. Hopefully there’s another one in there who can play that role, Craig may be better suited to that role.

Wood needs to start every game for me from now, his leadership at the back will be huge and something we’ve missed all season, we looked much better defensively on Tuesday with him in there. Still think that Bailey is much better at CB than in midfield but with Close being out he will be in the midfield for the foreseeable.

Taylor impressed me on Tuesday night and hopefully can prove his fitness for the rest of the season, needs to have a few more cameos off the bench tho and needs to build his game time rather than being chucked straight in.

Stevenage fans seem to rate Lo-Tutala very highly and have said he was a big part in them being able to get him over the line last season, guessing he will come straight into the team.

Lo-Tutala

Sterry Wood McGrath Maxwell

Bailey Craig Rowe

Adelakun Ironside Waters

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 03, 2024, 08:52:22 am by Campsall rover »
Although it’s not season defining as there will still be 18 games left to play and if we do get beat we’d still be 4 clear with a game in hand but tomorrow feels like a massive game for confidence starting what will be our best chance to get a decent run going and pull away from danger.

The injury frustrations carry on with players coming back and then losing 2 more to injury including arguably our best player. Will be interesting to see how we do in the midfield without him as he’s been a massive miss when not there as he seems to be the only one who can keep hold of the ball and control a midfield. Hopefully there’s another one in there who can play that role, Craig may be better suited to that role.

Wood needs to start every game for me from now, his leadership at the back will be huge and something we’ve missed all season, we looked much better defensively on Tuesday with him in there. Still think that Bailey is much better at CB than in midfield but with Close being out he will be in the midfield for the foreseeable.

Taylor impressed me on Tuesday night and hopefully can prove his fitness for the rest of the season, needs to have a few more cameos off the bench tho and needs to build his game time rather than being chucked straight in.

Stevenage fans seem to rate Lo-Tutala very highly and have said he was a big part in them being able to get him over the line last season, guessing he will come straight into the team.

Lo-Tutala

Sterry Wood McGrath Maxwell

Bailey Craig Rowe

Adelakun Ironside Waters
Same team for me except I would play Molyneux instead of Waters.
GM has said Molly and Bailey are fit.
Molly has to start. Yes he is a frustrating player but when he is on it he is our most creative player and he is capable of scoring goals. We know he doesn’t sore enough but he probably has more attempts at goal than anyone else. If we don’t shoot we don’t score.
Bailey is a must start player wherever he plays in the team.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 03, 2024, 08:59:54 am by Campsall rover »
We dare not lose this game. If we do then we are in a massive dog fight to stay up.
Win the game and we should be OK
We seriously need a good February. If we have a bad one then as someone who is always optimistic will be fearing the worst.

It is imperative we stay in this league. If we went down it could seriously be a very long time before we come back unless there was a massive investment. The National league is the hardest one to get out of with only 1 auto promotion place and the lottery of the play offs for the only other promotion spot.
It took 15 years for Wrexham to get back to the EFL and that was due to the investment from the Hollywood guys.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 03, 2024, 09:22:02 am by drfchound »
Camps, we are already in the relegation dog fight mate.
What worries me too is that over recent years we have been very poor in February.
Still, all runs come to an end so that might change.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 03, 2024, 09:41:00 am by Silkscarf »
Come on Rovers! Show the level of performance we’ve occasionally seen this season.

We know you can do it sometimes. We need that every week now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 03, 2024, 09:50:37 am by Donnywolf »
Yes please do  :scarf:

10 points and a game in hand is ours IF ....

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 03, 2024, 10:48:00 am by ChrisBx »
I don't think we'll lose today. Sutton are absolutely dreadful, even more so than we are.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 03, 2024, 10:54:56 am by normal rules »
We need an mk dons type performance and result today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 03, 2024, 11:42:18 am by Chris Black come back »
Would absolutely take 0-0 today. If we concede then we are in big trouble as our ability to score away from home is very low and on average less than a goal a game.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 03, 2024, 12:22:07 pm by adamtherover »
Just got into the spoons at harrow for an all day brekkie before the tube down to Morden,  come on you reds!!!!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 03, 2024, 12:33:38 pm by ncRover »
Today needs to be a coming of age moment for young Craig.

Looking at Sutton’s midfield you’ve got 2 experienced and tough campaigners in Eastmond and Beautyman. Then the tireless Lakin who won’t give him any time on the ball.

McCann needs to say to him “show these guys why you’re contracted to a club 3 levels above them.”

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 03, 2024, 12:45:58 pm by GazLaz »
Less possession the better today. They will want us to have the ball and kill us on the counter. I could see 58% possession for us and losing, if we have less than 50/51 ish we could certainly win.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 03, 2024, 01:17:08 pm by TonySoprano »
It'll be a comfortable win today,2-0 .

Or at least it should be, if we lose its not game over though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 03, 2024, 01:23:12 pm by Filo »

Saved so as to compare your comments after 5pm, should we lose ;)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 03, 2024, 01:26:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Has anyone looked at our away form this season, and our away form in London in recent years?

A draw would be one of the best results of the season.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 03, 2024, 01:28:21 pm by Canadian Rover »

We'll get FOUR goals today. Save this one too!

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 03, 2024, 01:34:11 pm by Redroy »
Has anyone looked at our away form this season, and our away form in London in recent years?

A draw would be one of the best results of the season.
I am acutely aware of this. And so are my non rovers mate I drag to each game

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 03, 2024, 01:34:28 pm by TonySoprano »

When I complain its regarding the bigger picture.
Lose today, ill complain ! But it's a symptom of that.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 03, 2024, 02:02:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Louis Jones dropped. Waters and Adelakun start. 3 centre backs. Rowe in central midfield.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 03, 2024, 02:08:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The midfield of Bailey and Rowe makes me nervous. Not much chance of us keeping the ball but as has been said that probably suits us at the moment.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 03, 2024, 02:13:38 pm by Pliskin »
Probably either a 5-3-2 or 5-4-1. Depends whether he plays Adelakun in central midfield or out wide.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012