Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:48:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Highlights...  (Read 2551 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Highlights...
« Reply #30 on February 05, 2024, 09:22:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
Re the Waters incident, from the clip I saw of it, he’d already taken the ball past the keeper so why would he have to simulate anything? Just run on and slot it into the empty net, surely?

More likely a) it was far too early in the game and/or b) the referee was unsighted ( but then, why didn’t the linesman flag?).

3 pens in one game? We must have been doing something right! Even if the ref & linesmen were not!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 05, 2024, 10:26:41 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Alan. I can’t think of any player who, having gone past the keeper and only having to slot the ball into an empty net, would fall over unless he had been fouled.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 06, 2024, 08:36:43 pm by donnievic »
I was there and Waters was in front of me - absolute pen.

The other shout is circulating on Twitter: https://x.com/johnlesliecoyl1/status/1753818470439964824?s=46

Nothing to add on that one
Tbf I was right behind you just about and I didn’t think it was a pen

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 08, 2024, 04:56:03 pm by Branton Rover »
Someone said Waters was rightly carded for simulation - it certainly wasn’t simulation he was taken out by the keeper it was right in front of me.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 08, 2024, 05:32:52 pm by Branton Rover »
Waters was definitely taken down by the keeper it happened right in front of me. Never a booking in a million years.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 08, 2024, 06:33:18 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Re the Waters incident, from the clip I saw of it, he’d already taken the ball past the keeper so why would he have to simulate anything? Just run on and slot it into the empty net, surely?

More likely a) it was far too early in the game and/or b) the referee was unsighted ( but then, why didn’t the linesman flag?).

3 pens in one game? We must have been doing something right! Even if the ref & linesmen were not!

I think those of us who were there had no doubts - and an excellent view especially from the seated section on that side of the goal. My immediate thought was that he probably wouldn't give it so soon in the game especially against the home side. What was beyond belief was that he booked Waters for simulation. But I suppose that was logical in a sense - Non-league ref deems incident is not a penalty - attacker falls to ground - so to justify his view of the incident - logical to regard attacker as simulating a foul... It set the pattern of how the man conducted himself for the rest of the game. It reflected his inability to make fair judgments over numerous tackles in what was never a dirty game where he favoured the home side. (Rovers made 21 or 22 tackles and committed 21 fouls), obviously not all foul tackles, but it gives an indication.) I tend to be cynical about fans' views of refs, but on this occasion there can be little doubt about the incompetence of his performance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012