Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Report on the u18s out on loan  (Read 2994 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Report on the u18s out on loan
« on February 04, 2024, 07:59:04 pm by selby »
  Harry Wood played for Grantham and had a decent game, not outstanding and ended up on the losing side, but my friend said he didn't do anything wrong , was neat and tidy and involved  so well done Harry.
  I went to Cleethorpes Town to see the seaside derby against Bridlington  on a blustery day to watch Max Adamson after his outstanding start with them in his first taste of men's football in two previous sub appearances and a start in mid weak and a MOM award.
  A cross field strong wind effected the flow of the game and favoured players on one wing being more involved in the game.
  In the first half he had a couple of dangerous runs playing as a wide right striker and put a couple of snap shots in that troubled the keeper but went just wide of the post, and also put a couple of crosses into the box that evaded a team mate.
  In the second half the wind dictated the ball mostly on the other wing  but he came inside intelligently and got on the ball when he could, Cleethorpes slowly took the game over and from a corner against them broke up field, Max got on the ball just inside the Bridlington half and ran straight down the middle using his pace and drew the centre half on the edge of the Bridlington box before slipping the ball to the left winger in a better position to slot home Cleethorpes opening goal.
  Cleethorpes then took over the game and he was very unlucky with a deft header that was heading for the corner of the goal but hit a defender on the shoulder who knew nothing about it  and going out for a corner.
  So his fourth game or part game in just two weeks, all of which he has effected the game scored one, had one disallowed had an assist, and generally has played well in all his games there.
  Anyone in the area on Wednesday Evening Cleethorpes are at home to North Ferriby 7-45pm ko if you fancy supporting them and watching Adamson to see what he is about.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Report on the u18s out on loan
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2024, 11:17:47 am by Alan Southstand »
Thanks for that Selby. Why doesn’t the Club give us updates, by the way?

Sounds like Max is doing well. Good for him.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2024, 11:17:25 am by selby »
  Max is doing well, more than a match for this level, Cleethorpes have soon snapped him up for themselves for the rest of the season and he has risen to the challenge in his first taste of men's football.
   He has the lot if channelled correctly, fast, good in the air, and can carry the ball at pace with a good first touch, and scores goals, different types of goals, probably the nearest type of striker to Miller at the club.
  Whether he gets a contract is up to others obviously but I would certainly take the chance, and have the feeling like Max Watters he will bite us in the backside if we don't.
  The club do follow the players out on loan Alan and have people watching their progress and reporting back as well as contacting the clubs where they are on loan.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2024, 02:47:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
I don’t dispute that ‘they report back’ but probably only back to those concerned at the Club. What I was referring to was the media team doing an update now and again.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2024, 03:36:41 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I agree with you AS.
But how many people do you think they employ in the media team to cover first team, Under 18s, Dons, Belles etc?
They hadn't even replaced Robbie Andrews last time I looked.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2024, 04:44:03 pm by ncRover »
Slight digression here but he is the son of our u18s manager.

Tyrese Sinclair looks like he’s doing really well at Rochdale. Great stats and out of contract in the summer. Only just turned 23 so can keep improving too.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2024, 09:07:05 pm by wilts rover »
Thanks Selby, some names to follow for the future we hope.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2024, 11:12:48 am by selby »
  I went to the game at Cleethorpes last night for a game against North Ferriby which turned out to be a scrappy dour slug of a game in which North Ferriby dominated mid field. Max was played as a wide right striker, and suffered from poor service  and the fact the midfield constantly played the ball wide left first half.
  One good thing he did was work his flank well working back in defensive cover stopping the wing back getting forward and crosses in, something he is learning fast, to work hard off the ball and was really the best part of his game, and something he has not always done in u18s games.
  When he did get forward he was called back rightly for marginal off side when he breached the defence twice being just offside both times, put a couple of good crosses in and had a header at the far post making the keeper work but easily dealt with.
  All in all frustrating a 5/6 game overall  in a new position for him  but on the plus side worked hard, covered ground and kept at it.
  He was subbed on 75 minutes and replaced by Harry Middleton ( remember him) who went into midfield and had ironically the class to open the game up and change the game which would have suited Max whose strong point is playing off the shoulder.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2024, 11:25:20 am by selby »
  It is becoming something of a one man band report as because of  match postponements only Max Adamson had part of a game at top of the league Stockton coming on for the last thirty five minutes.
 I didn't see the match and depend on others who did to keep me informed, and reports were very complimentary. He once again came on and made an impact on the game making runs forward and looking a danger to a top defence at that level.
 His pace and movement caused Stockton trouble one run two minutes into time added forced a last ditch tackle on him as he broke through the defence and forced a corner and was involved in the melee from the corner that forced a goal making the score 3-3 and minutes to go.
   Stockton did what good sides do at the top of the league and scored a winner moments later.
   Max has played now against the four top sides in the division all from the North East and done very very well in the games and has had good feed back from the Cleethorpes management and enquiries about  his age from a couple of  those Geordie teams, so doing well.
  If I get feed back on the other lads or get over to watch them at some point I will post how they are getting on weather permitting.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2024, 12:46:30 pm by TheFunk »
I see that Jack Goodman is playing for the U18s today.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2024, 01:49:33 pm by selby »
  2-0 down at half time Max is a substitute bizarrely.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2024, 02:42:43 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not a bad second half, apparently, as Goodman bagged a brace in a 3-2 win for DRFC u18’s.

The side had Flint, Brown and Goodman in it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2024, 04:00:18 pm by selby »
  Goodman Flint Brown and Adamson are above u18s football, in Goodman's and Flint's case they needed  minutes on the field of play,  but would learn little from the experience and need good loans out at a good level.
  Brown needs to be out next season after a pre season with the first team squad, Adamson's future is unknown at the club as yet,  hopefully he gets something  and doesn't rock up elsewhere  and bite us in the backside like Horton, Mandeville, and Watters.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2024, 06:20:11 pm by selby »
  A change of tactics at half time and the introduction of Adamson wide right made a lot of difference as he did what he does and effected the game, although missing a penalty got an assist and ran the left back ragged.
  Goodman finished well Flint and Brown also showing up well especially second half with two focal points up front.
 That's as much as I know and was reported by a friend from Grimsby rather grudgingly after giving me some stick at half time.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2024, 06:32:36 pm by NickDRFC »
  Goodman Flint Brown and Adamson are above u18s football, in Goodman's and Flint's case they needed  minutes on the field of play,  but would learn little from the experience and need good loans out at a good level.
  Brown needs to be out next season after a pre season with the first team squad, Adamson's future is unknown at the club as yet,  hopefully he gets something  and doesn't rock up elsewhere  and bite us in the backside like Horton, Mandeville, and Watters.

Mandeville and Horton have made a grand total of 0 football league appearances between them since leaving us. In Mandeville’s case that’s 5 years ago. Both could, and given they’re local lads hopefully do, have long and successful EFL careers but as yet it’s barely a nibble let alone a bite on the backside, certainly compared to Watters.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2024, 06:39:53 pm by selby »
  Nick if we played Chesterfield tomorrow would you fancy our defenders against Mandeville, and he will be paid better than them as well.  Horton too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:00:25 pm by selby »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2024, 08:44:04 pm by ravenrover »
Thought Mandeville went to Morecambe and Colchester?
 from us and played for them in the league? C'mon Selby you're the man on this one

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2024, 04:12:20 pm by selby »
  I am afraid its a bit of a one horse report at the moment with weather and postponements so Max Adamson seems to be the only active lad out there.
  Despite playing very well in games results and returning players are hampering his game time and although he has done well to force his way into the managers thoughts in a short time so much they have extended his loan to the end of the season, he has found himself used mainly as a game changing sub, a situation he has proved himself at, with two assists, goal line clearances, and a goal to his name and a MOM award, not a bad way to start senior football and attracting other teams at that level. Saturday he set up the winner heading the ball into the path of his partner up front to smash in the winner at Ashington  being brought on in the last half hour and changing the game with his play up Front, when on it he is a hand full as teams are finding out and is pushing for that starting place, the Cleethorpes management full of praise for his game and attitude.
   I went to watch the u18s v Harrogate at Cantley and was disappointed to be honest. The first half was a close encounter but when Flint was taken off at half time, shape, cohesive play, and organisation disappeared with him, and after the first twenty minutes of the first half and no Adamson up front, all threat on the Harrogate goal apart from the odd sporadic attack also went  missing.
  Brown  has a lot of talent, close ball control and carries the ball well at pace, and has a tackle in him, so is easy on and attracts the eye, but being so enthusiastic gets carried away, reacts to niggles and loses concentration and shape chasing lost causes and at times retribution on players giving him a hard time, and in this game because of that he disappeared out of the game and was overshadowed by players for Harrogate without his ability, hopefully he learns to curb it.
   So not a great day until in the car and hearing the first team score progress going home, by the time I got back I was really happy., the day wasn't all bad.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 20, 2024, 10:36:10 pm by selby »
  I am going to start this report with massive congratulations to one of our old boys released a couple of seasons ago one Tom Henson a right side defender, voted by his fellow team mates player of the season and surprisingly released.
Tom had offers from top colleges and universities in this country and the USA and chose to go Hartpury an established sports university in Gloucestershire.
  He is a member of their BUCS men's football National Championship side 2023/24 Plays for Malvern FC men's side at the weekend and has been selected for the England Universities International side, so a fantastic achievement and a massive well done Tom for what is panning out to be a great season for you.
  Freddie Allen again had a good game for Rossington in defence last weekend and Max Anderson again played well when coming on for the last 35 minutes against a very good Dunston side after 14 days out with a head injury when Cleethorpes were losing 4-0, but he threatened their defence and did well again and set up a chance for his team mate that went wide, the final score remaining 4-0, at that level he has done really well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:45:07 pm by selby »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2024, 09:45:50 pm by albie »
DeGruchy gone on loan to Matlock, where Mark Adkins is in temporary charge;
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/matlock-town-add-another-doncaster-rovers-loanee-81088

Kuleya scored for them last saturday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2024, 09:54:15 pm by Campsall rover »
DeGruchy gone on loan to Matlock, where Mark Adkins is in temporary charge;
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/matlock-town-add-another-doncaster-rovers-loanee-81088

Kuleya scored for them last saturday.
Sorry to be pedantic but you mean Mark Atkins from Hatfield, formerly DRFC joint manager with Dave Penney for a short while before Dave Penney took sole charge.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2024, 10:01:20 pm by albie »
Fairy Nuff, Campsall.
My bad, just a wrong assumption.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012