Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:02:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelakun  (Read 13995 times)

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
Re: Adelakun
« Reply #30 on February 17, 2024, 06:59:49 pm by McCammon egg n chips »
When was the last time we've had a player perform consistently well in 3 games in a week?

Last Saturday: 1 goal, 1 assist
Midweek: 1 goal
Today: 3 assists

Looks absolutely quality and the first player in a long while that gets me excited at the prospect of going to a game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 17, 2024, 07:00:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
Adding Westbrook to Craig and Bailey now looks like something to look forward to!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 17, 2024, 07:21:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Get Adelakun signed up now. He's a lot of the special sauce we've been missing.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 17, 2024, 07:32:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s been the real difference in a few games now. Let’s see if he can sustain some decent form for the next month or two. We’ve spent the last month going round in circles beating up our recruitment strategy and now people are wanting to sign a guy who apparently is on very good money, after a few games of good form. This is the kind of madness that got us to this point. We’d all like him to be the consistent threat he has shown in recent games but he would be an expensive wage commitment so we need to have greater surety he can do this over a sustained period.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 17, 2024, 07:50:30 pm by drfchound »
I liked what Faal did for us but I think that Adelakun adds much more than him.
He is more direct and physically more powerful.
He sometimes messes up by trying things and losing the ball but with him and Moly we have two players now who can make defenders uncertain about which way they are going.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 17, 2024, 07:53:19 pm by Filo »
I think Adelukun enjoys an assist as much as a goal

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 17, 2024, 08:03:19 pm by scawsby steve »
Adelukan? Another one to add to Billy Sharpe, Richard Woods, and Terry Bramhall.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 17, 2024, 08:43:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
Adelakun is Faal on steroids!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 17, 2024, 08:52:06 pm by danumdon »
Good thing about him is that GM knows him, and looks like he can get a tune out of a player who others have maybe misunderstood?

If he can play at this level consistently we will have trouble getting anywhere near him next season, unfortunately.

Lets hope the buy in from our management towards him can keep him going, for us.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 17, 2024, 08:58:57 pm by danumdon »
It also augurs well for next season if this is the level of player that GM is looking to bring into the club, im hoping the wage pot can match the potential of player that GM and the club want and need.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 17, 2024, 09:40:19 pm by Donnywolf »
He was my motm ..... Really gave it everything and most times it came off

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 17, 2024, 10:40:01 pm by KingKendrick »
He sometimes messes up by trying things and losing the ball but with him and Moly we have two players now who can make defenders uncertain about which way they are going.

The thing is hound if he didn’t sometimes mess up and lose the ball then he wouldn’t be playing for us in league 2. But I agree gives us another threat on the otherside rather than it being all on moly to create something for us

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 17, 2024, 11:09:30 pm by mugnapper »
Adelukan? Another one to add to Billy Sharpe, Richard Woods, and Terry Bramhall.
I wonder who he's backing in the St. Ledger lol

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 17, 2024, 11:17:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Three assists today the sublime one being for Kyle Hursts goal where he played a thirty yard pass out to Kyle in the left hand channel with the outside of his right foot.

Highlights on sky now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 17, 2024, 11:49:05 pm by drfchound »

The thing is hound if he didn’t sometimes mess up and lose the ball then he wouldn’t be playing for us in league 2. But I agree gives us another threat on the otherside rather than it being all on moly to create something for us

KK, yes I agree that he wouldn’t be with us if he didn’t mess up now and then.
I guess all league two players do so.
The fact that he does it when trying to do something outlandish when going forward isn’t a problem in my eyes.
He is very exciting to watch.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 18, 2024, 08:32:57 am by normal rules »
Good thing about him is that GM knows him, and looks like he can get a tune out of a player who others have maybe misunderstood?

If he can play at this level consistently we will have trouble getting anywhere near him next season, unfortunately.

Lets hope the buy in from our management towards him can keep him going, for us.

With the squad size gm has, he could easily lose two or three to make room for wages for HA.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 18, 2024, 08:43:45 am by grayx »

100% agree. Him & the keeper have made a big difference.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 18, 2024, 08:51:20 am by Petche »
If he continues this form then surely we would be looking to sign him in the summer.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 18, 2024, 12:25:02 pm by KingKendrick »

With the squad size gm has, he could easily lose two or three to make room for wages for HA.

Not quite as simple as that. When you start dropping top dollar on someone you raise the cap that everyone else will start asking for or getting closer to. The players we have on the higher wages at the minute Taylor/Close are on league one wages and I’d be surprised if we offered a similar amount to anyone while being in league 2

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 18, 2024, 12:26:38 pm by ncRover »
Would he be after wages any higher than Joe Ironside’s?

Joe was a proven L1 striker dropping down a level who apparently had L1 offers in the summer.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 18, 2024, 01:17:06 pm by pib »

I don’t want to get carried away with TLT because he wasn’t tested much yesterday, but he seems to command his box and give the defence more confidence than the other keepers we’ve got.

Seems a proper character too. I could see him becoming a bit of a cult hero if we signed him up longer-term.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 18, 2024, 01:26:18 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I’d add Richard Wood to that pairing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 18, 2024, 01:59:00 pm by Filo »

I don’t want to get carried away with TLT because he wasn’t tested much yesterday, but he seems to command his box and give the defence more confidence than the other keepers we’ve got.

Seems a proper character too. I could see him becoming a bit of a cult hero if we signed him up longer-term.

To be fair TLT hasn’t been tested much since he came in, that has be a testament to how well our defence have played recently, undefeated since he came in as well

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 18, 2024, 02:38:36 pm by Spilsby Red »
There was lots of pressure on Moly which probably didnt help him as he was the only wide player really. Now we have Adelakun who has been a breath of fresh air, think he takes the pressure of Moly who can relax now and play his game.
I have always rated Moly.
Biggins had a cracking game yesterday. Got into some good positions and some good touches.
The whole starting 11 were fantastic.
Pleased Hurst got his goal, good for confidence again.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 18, 2024, 04:14:22 pm by Spud »
I wasn't there yesterday but I think Biggins is worth a mention also. He's been much improved coming off the bench recently, I hope he can kick on & fulfill his potential, for us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 19, 2024, 12:46:34 pm by dickos1 »
Adelakun has scored 2 and assisted 4 since he signed.
He would only need 9 assists to be in the top 10 highest assists in the league over the season.
Unbelievable output from 4 games

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 19, 2024, 01:06:32 pm by adamtherover »

To be fair TLT hasn’t been tested much since he came in, that has be a testament to how well our defence have played recently, undefeated since he came in as well

we were on about this on the way home,  how many crosses came in, that woody or big tom just headed away..  go back only a few eeeks, and they were headers on target!!!  the entire defensive unit has stepped up their game!!! :-)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 19, 2024, 03:03:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s been gradually, very impressive. He’s also played against 4 sides that are not very good.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 19, 2024, 03:18:44 pm by GazLaz »
Fair play to Grant and the team for getting a tune out of him.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 19, 2024, 05:56:06 pm by Colin C No.3 »
He’s been gradually, very impressive. He’s also played against 4 sides that are not very good.

Ah yes. There’s always a sting in the tail.

He’s up against Wimbledon Saturday who before tonight’s fixtures are in eighth place. Do you think he’ll get a look in?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012