Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:25:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelakun  (Read 13987 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Adelakun
« Reply #90 on April 15, 2024, 03:01:12 pm by keith79 »
Anyone know when his loan runs out?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 15, 2024, 03:07:40 pm by GazLaz »
Haks will know from the feeling in the camp that this club (if not this season) will be playing a division higher the season after.

He has a great understanding with Joe & Moly (there’s a signature we need on a contract) is clearly enjoying his football under Grant so IF we don’t go up this season (if we do I reckon he’ll sign no question) we need to match any salary a current Lg1 might offer him. Do that & I think we have a chance of him staying a season in this division with us.

Over to the board.

If Taylor goes surely his wages will be enough to get Haks
His wages might help. I don’t think Taylor is on a much money as some think he is on.
Yes it will be decent but I honestly don’t think it is as much as many think it is.
There will I think have been a clause in their contracts if we got relegated to League 2 their wages would be reduced.
Our board run the club in a financially prudent manor don’t forget unlike many clubs I don’t need to name.

You’ve nailed it. He’s not on a lot.

In truth no one knows what he’s on outside of the club

Well Gazlaz must have solid proof, because as he said on another thread, he never makes anything up.

You appear to find it impossible that anyone may know something you don’t know. What a weird trait to have.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 15, 2024, 04:47:57 pm by Silkscarf »
Anyone know when his loan runs out?

‘Rest of season’ usually means June I think? So playoffs sorted if that’s what you’re thinking.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 15, 2024, 06:12:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Haks will know from the feeling in the camp that this club (if not this season) will be playing a division higher the season after.

He has a great understanding with Joe & Moly (there’s a signature we need on a contract) is clearly enjoying his football under Grant so IF we don’t go up this season (if we do I reckon he’ll sign no question) we need to match any salary a current Lg1 might offer him. Do that & I think we have a chance of him staying a season in this division with us.

Over to the board.

If Taylor goes surely his wages will be enough to get Haks
His wages might help. I don’t think Taylor is on a much money as some think he is on.
Yes it will be decent but I honestly don’t think it is as much as many think it is.
There will I think have been a clause in their contracts if we got relegated to League 2 their wages would be reduced.
Our board run the club in a financially prudent manor don’t forget unlike many clubs I don’t need to name.

If I recall correctly, the last time Taylor's contract was renewed he was offered 2-years and he asked for three years with the money for two spread across the three years.  His salary won't be nearly enough on its own.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 15, 2024, 07:21:40 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Confirmed by our club, Haks is available including the play offs & no permission is needed.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 15, 2024, 07:43:34 pm by BobG »
Thank you Lincoln.

BobG

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on April 15, 2024, 07:57:37 pm by adamtherover »
Confirmed by our club, Haks is available including the play offs & no permission is needed.
the lad is desperate for a promotion!!!! He must be gagging to prove all the league one doubters wrong!!! Go haks!!!!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 24, 2024, 10:10:30 am by normal rules »
18 appearances and 9 goals. Plus a hatful of assists also. It is no coincidence that him in this squad has coincided with rovers massive upturn in form . He has to remain a rovers player imo.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 24, 2024, 11:07:18 am by Avsuptem »
All the while we have Molly on one wing and Haks on the other we will score goals galore even if it's in league one. Unfortunately it seems unlikely we will be able to retain either or both.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on April 24, 2024, 11:56:37 am by silent majority »
All the while we have Molly on one wing and Haks on the other we will score goals galore even if it's in league one. Unfortunately it seems unlikely we will be able to retain either or both.

Maybe, but that's the players choice not ours, all we can do is offer to meet their expectations.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 24, 2024, 12:07:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
At our level a 3 year deal is probably going to be worth less per week for a player than they could get on a 1 year but they must prefer the certainty.

Clubs might prefer 1 year to cover themselves for changes in manager, division, injury etc.

So Taylor on a 3 year weekly rate won’t be the same as Haks on a 1 or 2 year.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 24, 2024, 12:09:50 pm by Butchers Red »

How do you come to that conclusion??

There is nothing as far as I’m aware of to stop both of them being offered decent contract whether we get promoted or not ?

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 24, 2024, 03:04:02 pm by Avsuptem »

How do you come to that conclusion??

There is nothing as far as I’m aware of to stop both of them being offered decent contract whether we get promoted or not ?

If Molly was dedicated to DRFC I expect he would have signed by now. Both players will have agents angling for big money deals  that may be beyond our budget and who could blame them for going where the money is ?
On the other hand, as has been said elsewhere, if we are in league 1 next season our chances of keeping them will be better. The McCann factor might also persuade them. Haks reamaining with DRFC performing like he is now in League 1 could attract an even bigger offer next year. Hopefully both players can be convinced by this  argument.  Also I would suggest that our current squad with one or 2 additions could go straight up to the Championship.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 24, 2024, 03:13:29 pm by Petche »
Adelakun's time with us has clearly been a success and Grant clearly knows how to get the best out of him. He'd be mad not to join us......wouldn't he?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 24, 2024, 03:41:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Being in League One is a significant sway in addition to money, although the two are linked. Don’t imagine anyone will savour playing in League Two for another season after the knock out three months they have been through. Let’s see.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on April 24, 2024, 04:06:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think it would be unreasonable to suggest, even if these two were to be made offers making them the highest paid in the squad, it may not be enough.

The only thing we can do as a club, is put ourselves in the best negotiating position possible, and my god, Grant is doing that.

These group of players look like they will run through brick walls for each other and I'm sure they would dearly love to keep as many of their teammates together as possible but everyone understands players will always aspire to do the best for themselves and their families.

These two have the upper hand and will have caught the attention of several clubs without doubt.

Let's see how difficult we can make their choices.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 24, 2024, 04:07:20 pm by roversdude »
Not checked but my lad says Haks has scored more goals with us than he has in the last 6 (?) seasons combined

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 24, 2024, 04:23:21 pm by normal rules »
Not checked but my lad says Haks has scored more goals with us than he has in the last 6 (?) seasons combined

He could go to a lge one club and end up warming a bench . Just like he did at Lincoln . More money perhaps. But zero job satisfaction. Footballers want to play football surely. Doing the business at rovers does not equate to doing the business elsewhere

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 24, 2024, 04:36:18 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Couldn't agree more, normal.
He's found a club where he's valued and a manager who understands how to bring the best out of him.
It's always a difficult balancing act where money and job satisfaction are concerned, and not just in football.
But most jobs outside football don't have agents working for them trying to eke out every penny from a prospective employer.
In fairness most jobs don't come to an end as quickly as a footballer's does.
So it needs a lot of thinking about.
Personally, I think he'd be foolish to go off somewhere he might not be treated as well as he is here and end up warming the bench.
We are bound to have made him a good offer.
He should try to get as much as he can and then hopefully stick where he is.
Same applies to Mols.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 24, 2024, 05:58:28 pm by wilts rover »

That's correct. In his 18 games with us he has scored 9 goals. From 2018 until joining us he played 95 games and scored 8 goals.

That period of course includes the 21 games he played for Gillingham where he scored a grand total of 0 goals. Think if nothing else he might have a point to prove on Saturday.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 24, 2024, 06:37:01 pm by Bills view »
Do we know when contracts started being discussed and whether the recent incredible run has brought parties back to the table for further discussion.

I guess like most of us on here performance often gets rewarded at work i.e. better, longer contracts, bonuses, pay etc.

I'm sure the Board are doing their best to secure the services of those McCann wants.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 24, 2024, 06:40:45 pm by Spud »
Saw a Lincoln fan comment on a Facebook post that Haks is their highest earner?
Not sure what that figure could equate to & what our offer could be but sounds like promotion could be the key to us getting him, possibly same with Molyneux now.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on April 24, 2024, 06:43:22 pm by Lincoln Rover »
He IS their biggest earner. FACT.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on April 24, 2024, 06:46:56 pm by Spud »
How does their budget compare to ours, Lincoln?
Granted they're in a division above but surely they're not that much more massive than we are?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 24, 2024, 06:48:38 pm by CJK »
Not sure what that figure could equate to & what our offer could be but sounds like promotion could be the key to us getting him, possibly same with Molyneux now.

I've heard 4k and 5k a week mentioned from several people

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 24, 2024, 06:54:44 pm by Spud »

He'd get 3 with us surely, & a big old smile on his fizzog.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 24, 2024, 07:04:18 pm by RoversInSpain »

Christ don’t do the job of his agent, you’re not getting paid for bigging up rumours of his salary

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on April 24, 2024, 07:25:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Do we know when contracts started being discussed and whether the recent incredible run has brought parties back to the table for further discussion.

I guess like most of us on here performance often gets rewarded at work i.e. better, longer contracts, bonuses, pay etc.

I'm sure the Board are doing their best to secure the services of those McCann wants.

I don't know any facts, only going on what McCann has said in interviews when asked about contracts. Said a couple still not sorted after offers made and will take a little longer.

I guess, those will be on hold until we know exactly where we're going to be next season. There was some speculation suggesting Moly was 'close' to agreeing new terns but nothing said by McCann to confirm or deny.

Haks said he just wants to concentrate on football for now which is entirely understandable.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 24, 2024, 08:58:17 pm by colincramb »
It would be an expensive signing. Let’s say for arguments sake he’d want 4K per week and a 2 year deal. Thats the broad end of 500k.

Not eye watering, buts it’s probably quite a bit more than we’ve paid for a while

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on April 24, 2024, 10:42:23 pm by GazLaz »

He'd get 3 with us surely, & a big old smile on his fizzog.

Not in L2 he wouldn’t. Maybe L1.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012