Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:23:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about (and look forward to) the AFC Wimbledon game  (Read 5810 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about (and look forward to) the AFC Wimbledon game
« Reply #30 on February 21, 2024, 08:17:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Wimbledon has not been a happy hunting ground for us in recent times, but with the increased confidence, the new recruits and the attitude of the team you have to fancy Rovers to give it a go at getting a result here. I don't think we ought to be over-confident or gung ho about how well we are going to do, but getting a point away from home would be great, getting more would be excellent.

I hope you havnt made plans to travel down to london Barmby.
We are at home this weekend

Oops! Thank you, better being away from the filth. Home advantage should apply, and it makes me more hopeful of a win.
We have a pretty good record against Wimbledon at home.
Since the new AFC Wimbledon was formed we have won 4 drawn 1 & lost 1 at home.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 08:20:57 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 21, 2024, 09:53:38 pm by donnievic »
The good thing for rovers is the fact that Wimbledon have a fair bit of travelling to do as well this week, a steady away trip to Crawley on Tuesday night then another day of travelling Friday upto doncaster, not far off 1000 miles this week for them to also contend with.
I believe this will take its toll on them also and can only bring the chances of a win for Rovers closer to actually happening. My money this week is on Craig to be booked at any time as 3 yellows in last 3 games so he is consistent, it's great to have a player who puts himself about and isn't scared to get stuck in, massive turn around has happened and I for 1 am so glad I took advantage of the season ticket black Friday sale to ensure next seasons season ticket.  Doncaster win 3-1 on Saturday, Ironside to score 2, Craig to be booked.
bit of travelling???they doing 4 laps of the m25 like

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 22, 2024, 07:36:51 am by idler »
The good thing for rovers is the fact that Wimbledon have a fair bit of travelling to do as well this week, a steady away trip to Crawley on Tuesday night then another day of travelling Friday upto doncaster, not far off 1000 miles this week for them to also contend with.
I believe this will take its toll on them also and can only bring the chances of a win for Rovers closer to actually happening. My money this week is on Craig to be booked at any time as 3 yellows in last 3 games so he is consistent, it's great to have a player who puts himself about and isn't scared to get stuck in, massive turn around has happened and I for 1 am so glad I took advantage of the season ticket black Friday sale to ensure next seasons season ticket.  Doncaster win 3-1 on Saturday, Ironside to score 2, Craig to be booked.
bit of travelling???they doing 4 laps of the m25 like

Only 6 hours travel time then. ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 22, 2024, 07:49:29 am by Donnywolf »
Per lap ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 22, 2024, 07:52:15 am by roversdude »
Drivers have been lost on there for years lol

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Their away record is pretty strong in League Two, as the 8th best and outranks their current league placing of 9th. However that is built off form earlier in the season. Their last 10 away league games has been 1 win, 4 draws and 5 losses. With the single win being 1-2 at Crawley Town.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 22, 2024, 10:33:31 am by Metalmicky »
I note that their centre-back loanee from Crystal Palace (Kofi Balmer) got injured on Tuesday night with a hamstring issue. He apparently had a long throw that they were exploiting well. 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 23, 2024, 03:23:35 pm by selby »
  Top and bottom of it is we need the three points and to keep the better form run going.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 24, 2024, 10:17:08 am by andy didcott »
COYR.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 24, 2024, 11:12:11 am by Padge_DRFC »
First win of the play off push. Ticked off safety now let's head for the play offs

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 24, 2024, 12:16:27 pm by ncRover »
I note that their centre-back loanee from Crystal Palace (Kofi Balmer) got injured on Tuesday night with a hamstring issue. He apparently had a long throw that they were exploiting well.

Confirmed out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 24, 2024, 12:39:56 pm by Campsall rover »
First win of the play off push. Ticked off safety now let's head for the play offs
Whatever your on can I have some. There is no emoji so is that a serious thought?
We would need to double our points tally of 36 in last 14 games. Even that may well not be enough.
36 in 14 
11 wins and 3 draws or 12 wins and 2 defeats.
Even the most optimistic of us knows that is pie in the sky.

But Padge nothing wrong with dreaming. I do it all the time.

We just need to finish the season as strongly as possible and set us up for promotion next season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 24, 2024, 05:10:39 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Great 3 points for us today and Mansfield have done us a big favour putting five past Salford, goal difference down to two now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Only our second clean sheet in last 15 games.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 24, 2024, 05:59:57 pm by Prez »
Very good performance that. A lot more comfortable than the score line suggests. Went about the game with the same hunger and desire as the previous few games. For the first time this season I was sat there thinking I feel safe now with the defence I can’t see them scoring.

Special mention to the lad from Cambridge, had his shirt pulled all through the game, I’m not sure he even won a free kick. It feels like we got a new team out there now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 24, 2024, 06:07:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought we made hard work of that.
Should have been much more comfortable.

We are starting to look like a team now.
Craig, Adulukin, Wood and the keeper Lo Tutula have transformed us.

Wood is like a new signing same as the other 3.

Onwards and upwards.  :thumbsup:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 24, 2024, 06:12:21 pm by ncRover »
Biggins was superb! He deserves a mention, he’s really turned his form around. I know he’s playing for a contract, but still.

Craig will be playing for a top L1 / lower championship club next season. He was 2 steps ahead of the opposition at every turn today.

We need Moly to step up to take the attention away from Haks! Luke missed a sitter.

Anderson continuing to prove me wrong and looks back to his old self. I guess pace doesn’t matter when you have an expert organiser next to you.

Ironside, brilliant footballer. If he had pace he’d be playing in the championship.

Solid performance all round. They had no ideas on how to hurt us whatsoever.

We are seeing the rewards for sticking with this coaching staff. Well done to the fan base as a whole for being patient with Grant and Cliff.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 24, 2024, 06:21:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anderson was faultless at the back ably assisted by Wood but both backed by a confident keeper who snuffed out any danger.

Craig really becoming more influential being good on the ball and being tenacious when needed. Far fewer mistakes being made so the basic are there for all to see.

Yes, at times we were a bit wasteful today and a second goal would have killed the game with a bit more composure in the final third.

When we keep the ball on the deck, we look quite fluid and I don't think the players will be happy with the overall performance even though we're happy with the three points.

From here onwards, we can approach each game with no fear and make those teams above us look average.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 24, 2024, 06:35:31 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Thought we made hard work of that.
Should have been much more comfortable.

We are starting to look like a team now.
Craig, Adulukin, Wood and the keeper Lo Tutula have transformed us.

Wood is like a new signing same as the other 3.

Onwards and upwards.  :thumbsup:

Solidity began with Lo Tutula who was the first brick in the wall at Sutton since he dispelled the defenders’ worry of having to play in front of a passive goalkeeper, At that stage, Adelakun had not really slotted into any kind of role because it’s difficult as a forward to know what to expect from those who ought to be “supplying” you. Working in the midfield Craig, did not take too long to understand those around him and obviously the forwards have responded suitably to his much more dynamic (than Close) style.

And, as you say, Wood and Anderson can rely on each other and that is to play predictably, which is something you can’t really confidently say of Olowu.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 24, 2024, 07:15:30 pm by ravenrover »
What happebed to Sterry 1st half did someone deck him? Couldn't see clearly from West stand

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 24, 2024, 07:36:58 pm by Campsall rover »
What happebed to Sterry 1st half did someone deck him? Couldn't see clearly from West stand
Just got a hand in the face. Don’t think it was malicious.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 24, 2024, 07:46:22 pm by andyst79 »
Very good performance that. A lot more comfortable than the score line suggests. Went about the game with the same hunger and desire as the previous few games. For the first time this season I was sat there thinking I feel safe now with the defence I can’t see them scoring.

Special mention to the lad from Cambridge, had his shirt pulled all through the game, I’m not sure he even won a free kick. It feels like we got a new team out there now.
If you watch Ironside closely he's very clever and more often than not he's got hold of a defender and backing in . His holdup play for the goal was superb.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 24, 2024, 07:47:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Another great win  & gutsy performance, keep it going lads.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 24, 2024, 07:48:45 pm by drfchound »
Joe also put Bailey in the clear with a deftly flicked header but Bailey snatched at the chance and sliced his shot wide.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 24, 2024, 08:03:09 pm by ravenrover »

If you watch Ironside closely he's very clever and more often than not he's got hold of a defender and backing in . His holdup play for the goal was superb.
Which is exactly the reason he doesn't get the free kicks the crowd scream for, he gives as much as he gets. Love him!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 24, 2024, 08:13:38 pm by CJK »
Anyone underestimating the impact of TLT needs to take a closer look at what he does. He's exactly what we've missed all season. He's really good compared to what we've had and that in turn breeds confidence in the defence. He's had an excellent impact.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 24, 2024, 08:18:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Just got a hand in the face. Don’t think it was malicious.

It was the biggest over reaction I've seen for a long time from a Rovers player. It was embarrassing

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 24, 2024, 08:23:16 pm by WheatleyRover »
I've not been today, what was the performance like overall today? The AFC Wimbledon fans on there forum are saying they were awful and what made it worrying/worse is the we were also awful.

Or is just Wimbledon fans that can't accept that we was the better team?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:28:36 pm by WheatleyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 24, 2024, 08:29:49 pm by drfchound »
Well, in my opinion, we were excellent in the first half, fast ball movement and plenty of attacking intent.
Sat in the south stand, we hardly saw the ball down our end.
Rovers by a mile the better first half team.
Wimbledon started the second half well but apart from a couple of dangerous balls into our box, didn’t really threaten to get the better of our defence.
Anderson and Wood once again snuffed out the opposition strikers.
As the second half wore on we again began to take control and had a couple of very good chances to double the lead but both Bailey and Molyneux failed to score.
We were a long way from being awful today.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 24, 2024, 08:31:40 pm by Spilsby Red »
I wasn’t there either. I don’t give a monkeys how we played really. We won again. Probably bitter wombles

TinyPortal © 2005-2012