Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 02:11:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rachel Reeves  (Read 7307 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Rachel Reeves
« on February 18, 2024, 12:22:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
https://x.com/darrengrimes_/status/1759180813520765135?s=61
This is going to make life difficult for all aspiring MP’S as we move into a general Election! And it will be a security issue for quite a few of the Main figures,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Rachel Reeves
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2024, 01:48:18 pm by drfchound »
Would Reeves have had a conversation with those women if they had been in her constituency?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2024, 03:00:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Robot Reeves,  Cyborg Starmer. This is the modern world. They can't deal with it.

This kind of confronting is also going to be more prevelent. It will make a lot of news. Yes they'll squeal "security!",  as did Rayner. If they could answer questions with honesty they wouldn't need to. But safety? It's dangerous for their publicity for sure. Democracy eh!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2024, 05:06:04 pm by danumdon »
And these people want to be in charge of the country?

If she found that confrontation difficult god only knows how she will deal with a meltdown when her policies go tits up!

Chancers. Ive always thought she was as flakey as, just another example as was this previous meltdown.

https://www.facebook.com/skynews/videos/sophy-ridge-presses-rachel-reeves-on-support-for-striking-rail-workers/335823468702663/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2024, 07:38:15 pm by SydneyRover »
What is happening in Gaza is deplorable, what have any of those making comments about RR done about it, those that seem so concerned?

Your concern is of course the innocent people that are dying and being harmed, isn't it?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 07:43:44 pm by SydneyRover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2024, 09:01:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What is happening in Gaza is deplorable, what have any of those making comments about RR done about it, those that seem so concerned?

Your concern is of course the innocent people that are dying and being harmed, isn't it?

Surely the question is what has RR done about it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2024, 09:04:43 pm by SydneyRover »
why, is RR in government? what has the most powerful nation in the world done about it, maybe more to the point what have you or any of the others above done about it?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2024, 10:08:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
why, is RR in government? what has the most powerful nation in the world done about it, maybe more to the point what have you or any of the others above done about it?
I think you'll find that she does have a voice, kind of anyway. Is she an MP,, with a vote? What did she do with her vote? When she is in power within 12 months, what will she be doing about say arms sales to Israel? Do you think Israel may be interested iin that? Do you think that as a leading minister that she'll be able to reverse the Israeli state investment in the Labour party? E T and the C.

I'm personally on a mission to help you be less confused on this whole issue, as well as some others. I've been told this is highly important.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2024, 10:39:03 pm by SydneyRover »
Calling all MIA's come in please, over.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2024, 10:47:06 pm by SydneyRover »
There's a somewhat weird upside-down world where plenty of people inhabit, right and far right.

To those that say it's all the same but appear to flop to the right and plain right and far right. The consequences of a right gov, invariably mean small government, no? Therefore someone has to step up and do it, no? I hear plenty of involvement from those of a left leaning nature but very little community engagement from others.

This the problem, no? Austerity, covering all aspects of services right down to local government being financially strangled and low growth.

This is why vast amounts of money need to be spent in all areas, the list is massive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:11:55 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2024, 11:51:12 pm by SydneyRover »
I think you'll find that she does have a voice, kind of anyway. Is she an MP,, with a vote? What did she do with her vote? When she is in power within 12 months, what will she be doing about say arms sales to Israel? Do you think Israel may be interested iin that? Do you think that as a leading minister that she'll be able to reverse the Israeli state investment in the Labour party? E T and the C.

I'm personally on a mission to help you be less confused on this whole issue, as well as some others. I've been told this is highly important.

By the way I have no problem at all about questions being put to MPs of any persuasion, provided it is done respectfully and they are not intruding into a person's down time. RR is following party policy and if she goes against it she's out. The buck stops with Starmer for that. I've said before that Starmer will live or die politically by his calls as do all leaders, if he gets it wrong he will lose and go.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 19, 2024, 10:03:17 am by selby »
  Syd, ever thought that the most powerful country in the world don't want to do anything about it, and are just playing smoke and mirrors while Israel get on with the dirty work.
  Ideally they both will want another couple of months at it and like the Ukraine, people to get war weary.
  They realise that most of the USA population don't give a fig about what is happening in either war, and at the same time if the Islamic faction in the USA or other western countries become violent its a chance to nip things in the bud at home.
  Most of the eastern Islamic countries have been boisterous against the western powers and for a while starting to be Billy big b*llocks, but that attack by Hamas has  come too early, and without shouting it from the rooftops the Yanks and to a point us have shown they can and will dish some hurt out if they get carried away, the reason the cavalry has stopped in barracks surrounding Gaza.
  Get used to making a noise and being disgusted for a while yet when nobody takes any notice of your leader trying to keep the Islamic vote on board for the election. Big choice for them there , the great benefit society or Palestine  supporting party if one is formed.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 19, 2024, 10:45:16 am by SydneyRover »
Selby my credentials on Israel are there for anyone to see in my back catalogue, unless of course you have have forgotten our previous discussion.

There are two issues here, the defeat of the tories and justice for Palestine, I want both, what do you want?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:54:24 am by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2024, 12:51:13 pm by drfchound »
You are stitched on for one of those wishes SR.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2024, 12:53:07 pm by Ldr »
Israel will see Hamas gets justice if nothing else

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2024, 01:13:20 pm by albie »
Reeves is in receipt of financial support from Israeli interests.
There is no way that she can deviate from the wishes of her backers without pushback, she is their paid advocate.

Likewise "TelAvivKeith", they are both in post to support the aims of their sponsors, whether they are commercial or a foreign interest.

The code of conduct that governs behaviour in public life are the "Nolan Principles", set out here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-7-principles-of-public-life/the-7-principles-of-public-life--2

So the interesting question is how these principles can be kept without compromise by accepting money from vested interests.
An MP has a responsibility to listen to and respond when approached by a constituent, but if they have been bought by a donor then how can this work?.

Spoiler alert......the principles are just a polite fiction really!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2024, 02:22:55 pm by ravenrover »
Why do I get the words pot and kettle in my mind,  no, surely, no  party other than Labour has problems with the Nolan Principles? Polite fiction or not!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2024, 03:31:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why do I get the words pot and kettle in my mind,  no, surely, no  party other than Labour has problems with the Nolan Principles? Polite fiction or not!
Because you've been guilty of it for years?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2024, 03:52:01 pm by ravenrover »
Who are the "you", you are referring  to?
Of course all MPs of all persuasions are squeaky clean?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 03:56:43 pm by ravenrover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2024, 04:08:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm referring to YOU ravenrover.

I find it strange that after years and years of Tory abuse by a handful of lefties on this forum, with no mention of any Labour misdemeanours, anyone showing evidence of such misdemeanors is accused of being the pot calling the kettle black!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 19, 2024, 04:26:28 pm by ravenrover »
Been guilty.of it for years? You don't know me as far as I know let alone what is going through my mind.
Perhaps like you I stand up for the opposite just to show fairness

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 19, 2024, 04:27:43 pm by Pancho Regan »
I rate Rachel Reeves but that wasn't her best moment.
Just stop and talk to the woman, answer her questions!

I found that a bit embarrassing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 19, 2024, 04:39:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Been guilty.of it for years? You don't know me as far as I know let alone what is going through my mind.
Perhaps like you I stand up for the opposite just to show fairness
What is fair about years of Tory abuse on this forum, with no mention of any Labour misdemeanours, and anyone showing evidence of such misdemeanours being accused of being the pot calling the kettle black?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 19, 2024, 05:47:55 pm by ravenrover »
You are the one saying you put the opposite views for fairness does that right solely belong to you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 19, 2024, 06:01:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I put alternative views for fairness. If I supported the constant Tory abuse by the handful of lefties on this forum like you do, it would hardly be fair.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 19, 2024, 07:05:32 pm by danumdon »
Another thread totally derailed by "individuals"

Surely its better to keep stum and be thought a complete halfwit rather than telegraph it to the whole forum.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 19, 2024, 07:15:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
danumdon .

If you're referring to me then I'll settle for being a halfwit. I class that as quite gifted in comparison to some on this forum.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 19, 2024, 07:26:34 pm by danumdon »
Referring to the "Reeves deniers"

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 19, 2024, 07:33:08 pm by selby »
  Certainly not bothered at all whether Labour or Tories govern this country, none in my lifetime have made any difference to my life, and I am certainly not bothered about a spat that has been going on for thousands of years off and on, and has got every major politician stumped in the world at the moment Syd.
  In fact the Rovers result next Saturday holds more interest to me really.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 19, 2024, 07:52:04 pm by ravenrover »
Referring to the "Reeves deniers"
Has anyone denied anything DD?
Mindst you a bit rich from someone who posts
"Don't know how true this is, just relaying what i heard." to have a pop
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:56:39 pm by ravenrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012