Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:11:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ben Nelson  (Read 2542 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Ben Nelson
« on March 02, 2024, 04:52:11 pm by Bessie Red »
Started today for Leicester and scored!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Ben Nelson
« Reply #1 on March 03, 2024, 08:52:28 am by selby »
  Rochdale, rovers , now set off at Leicester, his losing of games played and shipping goals must be right up there at the start of a career.  Easy on the eye though.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 03, 2024, 08:59:53 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Hope he goes on to have a cracking career, joined us in difficult circumstances and never shy’d away from it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 03, 2024, 09:40:34 am by ravenrover »
Nelson, streets ahead of any of our youngsters

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 03, 2024, 07:02:35 pm by selby »
  Not a great defender and if Leicester are forced to play him to the end of the season there is a good chance they will end up in the playoffs and not automatic.
   If they go up to the premiership forget about him they will bring in better probably foreign.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 03, 2024, 07:30:13 pm by dickos1 »
  Not a great defender and if Leicester are forced to play him to the end of the season there is a good chance they will end up in the playoffs and not automatic.
   If they go up to the premiership forget about him they will bring in better probably foreign.

Pretty sure they’re not being forced to play him!
Conor coady was on the bench for starters, I think he’s a great centre half and will have a very good career in the championship and prem.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 03, 2024, 07:50:49 pm by selby »
  Chair, Dykes, and Willock had a field day yesterday.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 03, 2024, 09:55:03 pm by Bessie Red »
  Chair, Dykes, and Willock had a field day yesterday.
They may well have done but the local Leicester paper gave Nelson the highest rating (7) along with Faes (7).

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2024, 01:18:08 pm by selby »
  Yes he will have been looked on sparingly a goal on debut, he got 7 in the FLP Faes 6 makes you wonder how though the three QPR front runners got two 7's and a 8 Armstrong the sub a 7 and they were marking them and let in two goals.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2024, 02:36:58 pm by Jonathan »
  Yes he will have been looked on sparingly a goal on debut, he got 7 in the FLP Faes 6 makes you wonder how though the three QPR front runners got two 7's and a 8 Armstrong the sub a 7 and they were marking them and let in two goals.

I’m getting the sense you really don’t like him.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2024, 03:10:51 pm by Bessie Red »

I’m getting the sense you really don’t like him.
Well he's not Bobby Faulkner is he so straight away he's at a disadvantage when being assessed by Selby!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2024, 03:55:51 pm by ravenrover »
I'm glad somebody else said that

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 04, 2024, 03:56:39 pm by selby »
My big gripe is not with putting Faulkner as a player up against Nelson but the way my club Doncaster Rovers were and are so bad at projecting young players that come through our own academy.
  Faulkner has been de valued, a discarded manager stating he thought he would be worth £2million by now treated correctly, and yes injuries have played their part , but being ignored for the start of this season with results like we had  was next to criminal. Moore crucified more than one and ultimately cost us the best part of a million pounds in a matter of weeks, Goodman is going through the same proses as Faulkner with little to no game time for  most of a season, Flint is playing at u18s level where he has been comfortable  since being 16 years old and gets little out of the games he plays in.
  To be honest I find it pathetic, and has gone on for years, the academy bringing in more value added finances to the club on youngsters than the worth of all the first team if you had wrapped them all together as a lot  last season..
  Its as if we are hell bent on bringing in players to increase value for other clubs benefit as an aim of the club, or is it easier to get four or five in hoping a couple come off than coaching our own players and giving them an opportunity?
  The biggest advantage a youngster can have is playing at a so called big club, we have seen a few here from Brighton and Manchester City and United,  Spurs and quite a few have not been worth the paper they signed to come here.
  Now I don't for one minute cast Nelson in that light, but he was not that special at Rochdale or here.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2024, 05:28:31 pm by dickos1 »
None of that is Nelson’s fault
But you’ve taken a distinct dislike to him just because he got picked ahead of Faulkner

He’s a much better player than Faulkner, that’s no criticism of Faulkner there  are just levels and Nelson is dancing at a much higher one than Faulkner

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2024, 07:05:44 pm by selby »
   Time will tell, they will both have careers in the game for sure.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 04, 2024, 07:28:33 pm by Bessie Red »
   Time will tell, they will both have careers in the game for sure.
I agree both will have a career in the game however I believe Bobby will be held back simply because he is more of  an old school type of CH when Prem & top end Championship teams want CH's who are very comfortable on the ball and can start attacks from their own half. Having watched both I think Nelson is better technically so is more likely to play at a higher level.
I do also agree that we should be giving Bobby more game time when he is fit. Hopefully now that we are pretty much safe he will.get his chance.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 04, 2024, 07:40:28 pm by selby »
  Guess it comes down to different interpretations of technical ability being a better defender or easy on the eye.
  The last time Leicester had two brick s**t houses they won the premiership.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 07:44:31 pm by selby »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2024, 07:48:23 pm by Bessie Red »
  Guess it comes down to different interpretations of technical ability being a better defender or easy on the eye.
  The last time Leicester had two brick s**t houses they won the premiership.
The game has changed massively since 2016, have a look at the Prem now most CH's can play a bit and arent just brick shit houses!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2024, 09:08:46 pm by selby »
 Don't tell me Sheffield United wouldn't be a better defence with Huth, Morgan, and Walsh tonight and they have been finished a few years.
  Joking apart Argentina won the world cup stopping technical players playing anyway they could just last summer, and the further up field from their own goal the better, The only side giving them trouble in the later stages Holland who put a giant on and went long the last twenty minutes.
  Ethan Pinnock is as good a central defender as any in the premiership ends up playing for Jamaica because of the clubs he has played for. played for England C when in non league.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 23, 2024, 12:51:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nelson scores in England's U20s win over Poland.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 23, 2024, 01:04:06 pm by Dabbermoo »
My big gripe is not with putting Faulkner as a player up against Nelson but the way my club Doncaster Rovers were and are so bad at projecting young players that come through our own academy.
  Faulkner has been de valued, a discarded manager stating he thought he would be worth £2million by now treated correctly, and yes injuries have played their part , but being ignored for the start of this season with results like we had  was next to criminal. Moore crucified more than one and ultimately cost us the best part of a million pounds in a matter of weeks, Goodman is going through the same proses as Faulkner with little to no game time for  most of a season, Flint is playing at u18s level where he has been comfortable  since being 16 years old and gets little out of the games he plays in.
  To be honest I find it pathetic, and has gone on for years, the academy bringing in more value added finances to the club on youngsters than the worth of all the first team if you had wrapped them all together as a lot  last season..
  Its as if we are hell bent on bringing in players to increase value for other clubs benefit as an aim of the club, or is it easier to get four or five in hoping a couple come off than coaching our own players and giving them an opportunity?
  The biggest advantage a youngster can have is playing at a so called big club, we have seen a few here from Brighton and Manchester City and United,  Spurs and quite a few have not been worth the paper they signed to come here.
  Now I don't for one minute cast Nelson in that light, but he was not that special at Rochdale or here.
Could it not be the case that Faulkner hasn't put in the desired effort in training or maybe has an attitude in regards to not being picked? I may be wrong in both aspects but the fact that when fit he wasnt being picked, when on the bench he wasnt brought on so does GM not trust him to do the job? Maybe the reliance on loan players from higher clubs is due to the manager having the decisions to make and the academy players in his opinion not being good enough to get into the team. I feel Faulkner hasn't done anything to deserve a new contract this year so would happily see him go, when on the bench this season he's not come on even when defensive cover was needed so read into that what you will. The academy last made money selling the 2 14 year olds to man utd I believe it was and why would any kid at 14 with the chance to go to man utd turn it down, the best result in that was the fact rovers got compensation for it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012