Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:07:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Swindon Town game  (Read 5990 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Swindon Town game
« Reply #30 on March 16, 2024, 05:07:07 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Just looking at the table. Unbelievable to think that if rovers win next game and notts county lose we go above them . Their fall has been spectacular .

Absolutely played off the park by them in both games. Incredible their fall

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 16, 2024, 05:07:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Just looking at the table. Unbelievable to think that if rovers win next game and notts county lose we go above them . Their fall has been spectacular .
F.F.S. TO REPEAT FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME I warned you all about this in early December

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 16, 2024, 05:08:18 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
How long is it since we had a player score so many goals, in so few appearances, as in Adelakun. What is it six in eleven appearances? Has he got three or four in succession?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 16, 2024, 05:11:15 pm by graingrover »
We hung in well in that second half but a 46-minute goal really changed the momentum and adrenaline flows in favour of Swindon .We missed an experienced head in midfield today in that second half as too many times we lost possession there through weak challenges and attempts to dribble our way through when strong clearance was needed.But we held on and truly earned those three away points .Now second in form table of last six and fifth in last ten games !

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 16, 2024, 05:14:24 pm by Avsuptem »
Molly was not up to his usual standard today and even I would have scored that one.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 16, 2024, 05:14:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Great win today. Especially being able to do this without Craig, Westbrooke or Close in midfield, and Ironside up front.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 16, 2024, 05:15:36 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Feared the worse when I saw that midfield. Not one of them can control a game. The clinical goals sorted us out. Job done and likely safe for sure now

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 16, 2024, 05:16:32 pm by GazLaz »
Holding on for so long after they pulled one back is a great sign. Picking up points away from home on a regular basis now.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 16, 2024, 05:23:11 pm by scawsby steve »
Great win. If we can get Maxime, Hacks, and TLT for next season, it would make a big statement about our promotion ambitions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 05:30:22 pm by scawsby steve »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 16, 2024, 05:35:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Coming, int it?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 16, 2024, 05:48:14 pm by Lesonthewest »
Really good win, battling 2nd half performance, thought Tom Anderson was outstanding.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 16, 2024, 05:49:52 pm by drfchound »
Anderson has been outstanding over the last eight or so games.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 16, 2024, 05:51:34 pm by adamtherover »
Feared the worse when I saw that midfield. Not one of them can control a game. The clinical goals sorted us out. Job done and likely safe for sure now
are we really looking over our shoulder anymore?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 16, 2024, 05:58:19 pm by adamtherover »
Great win. If we can get Maxime, Hacks, and TLT for next season, it would make a big statement about our promotion ambitions.
I think TLT is a possibility, he's 21, one of the youngest keepers in the EFL, so would love the chance to be a permanent no.1 , max is a possibility, 33yrs old with a major injury recently, so maybe higher league suiters may be scarce,?  Haks is the worry, money is key here, if we want promotion, shell out on quality!!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 16, 2024, 06:04:43 pm by Filo »

Notts County have a game at Bradford on Tuesday before we play again

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 16, 2024, 06:04:56 pm by pib »
are we really looking over our shoulder anymore?

If we were, today’s results have panned out well for us.

Grimsby and Colchester both drawing is fine, and Sutton beating FGR isn’t too bad at all, certainly better than the other way round.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 16, 2024, 06:26:50 pm by ncRover »
How was Broadbent? I saw he got an assist. I’ve seen a player in there when he has played and has confidence

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 16, 2024, 06:41:43 pm by Prez »
How was Broadbent? I saw he got an assist. I’ve seen a player in there when he has played and has confidence

I just don’t see anything in Broadbent at all. Never have. BUT I would the lad to prove me wrong and come good.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 16, 2024, 06:59:31 pm by graingrover »
I think Broadbent was ok today and the assist he provided was a forceful header and a critical and clever piece of play .He is is only just turned 21 and I think GM believes in him so hope the fans give him support.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 16, 2024, 07:03:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good to hear from McCann that Westbrooke was missing due to illness rather than injury.

Once again, he was bigging up Broadbent saying he's going to be a good player. He must see something in him we don't and I can't wait to see the improvement.

I notice Adelakun stonewalling questions about his future in his prematch interview, saying he leaves all that stuff to his representatives. I wouldn't expect him to say much else but I get the impression he sees himself higher than League Two next season.

Great 3 points. Let's see where this takes us. With the fixtures ahead beyond FGR, we have games against all those still in the hunt for the play offs. It's up to us to keep sewing the seeds of doubt in their minds. We have nowt to lose.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 16, 2024, 07:44:41 pm by BigH »
It’s taken three years but at long last I think the team has an identity. McCann has uncovered a successful formula.

The down side is that we’re going to lose a lot of players in the summer. Our wage bill is way too high at the moment so there’s going to be quite a bit of churn.

We have to trust that a lot of hard work is going in to identifying and landing some decent targets in the summer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 16, 2024, 08:01:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure McCann will be driving the team on until the end of the season. He'll be demanding high standards, not only for his standing as a manager but keeping that upward momentum to stand any chance of signing good players Inc Adelakun, Biamou, TLT who are above this standard but, where we want to be.

Folk will say TB must back McCann but in addition we must back both of them by buying those season tickets to show we can support League One wages.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 16, 2024, 08:10:24 pm by IDM »
Let’s not forget it isn’t just about how much we choose to offer these players, if they or their agents want to be elsewhere - perhaps in a higher division - there’s nowt we can do.. I’ve said it before, if we can’t get these names players, we want similar quality from others.  We can’t just judge our “ambition” on whether or not we sign specific individuals..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 16, 2024, 08:43:46 pm by roversdude »
ITB try this
Well
Done
Rovers

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 16, 2024, 08:50:00 pm by selby »
  Every game we have played since the Bradford EFL cup game shows how much we miss Close, more like a sore thumb.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 16, 2024, 09:14:51 pm by KingKendrick »
  Every game we have played since the Bradford EFL cup game shows how much we miss Close, more like a sore thumb.

I always though close would be one of the first names on the team sheet at this level when fit however since his injury we have gone on to only 1 defeat in 9 and our best run of form in years. Hardly missing him at all based of results which is what it’s all about

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 16, 2024, 09:18:07 pm by RoversInSpain »
Agreed not missed him at all.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 16, 2024, 09:38:23 pm by Pancho Regan »

Could have been put a little more graciously.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 16, 2024, 09:46:54 pm by dickos1 »
Adding close to Bailey and craig would improve the midfield.
Close has been playing there with biggins, Broadbent and Rowe this season.
Close and westbrooke were very good together

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 16, 2024, 10:03:02 pm by selby »
  Dickos you can have all the stats you want, and enjoy the easy on the eye bits, but when you have a player who is a complete liability when the other side has the ball, doesn't stop players playing well against us, and lets them play balls and run past him, you are therefore going to have problems.
 In days gone by they used to call it being nesh, and if you happened to be playing in front of defenders getting run ragged with two men coming at them all the time you soon got to know about it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012