Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:06:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: May 2nd General Election  (Read 473 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
May 2nd General Election
« on March 14, 2024, 09:11:53 pm by ravenrover »
Ruled out in Sunak interview
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:06:15 am by ravenrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: May 2nd Genetal Election
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2024, 09:39:23 pm by SydneyRover »
It's good that johnson got the boot, he'd be a likely candidate for cancelling elections altogether.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2024, 10:16:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I really don't want to think about what Johnson elected to do with his genetals.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: May 2nd General Election
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2024, 08:07:05 am by ravenrover »
Amended

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2024, 09:18:55 am by belton rover »
I really don't want to think about what Johnson elected to do with his genetals.
Are you making jokes about stereotypical accents again? (Insert wink emoji here)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2024, 10:33:33 am by Donnywolf »
Ruled out in Sunak interview

I've said many times they will hang on as long as possible perhaps even into 2025

They have to hope for any shred of good news ( such as getting a plane off to Rwanda )

I think though they will continue to set Traps for the incoming Govt

They will continue to enrich themselves and their friends , family and Donors financially

Ditto they will continue to dish out "Gongs" for next to nothing.

And all that achieved by the almost traditional FPTP system of electing Governments that the majority of people don't want. If Labour win this time they may just may get 50% plus of the Electorate voting to elect them but it could be tight

So I figure Sunak or whoever is PM will let the clock run down and Jan 2025 will be when we vote (and when 13 million don't vote) but I might be wrong on one or both

I will put a  :chair: emoji but in truth if people don't agree I don't honestly care

I have said long enough I realise I won't change anyone's view no more than they will change mine

We need PR to get back to a more middle of the road consensus Govt and stop extremism from wherever it comes be that right or left or anywhere else
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:37:27 am by Donnywolf »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2024, 10:53:39 am by SydneyRover »
It the polls stay as they are is it possible the tories would retain more seats under PR at the coming G?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2024, 11:05:27 am by SydneyRover »
Tory party looking for new post election HQ

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2024, 11:08:04 am by Donnywolf »
They would get say 30% of let's call it 650 seats so 195 Seats

Green Party would benefit though with 3% of vote getting them 19 seats instead of 1 (Brighton Pavilion)

Lib Dems say 11 % of vote would get 72 seats not 11

All that assumes that the missing 13 million voters ( non voters ) still don't vote , and I hope PR would encourage some of them to engage and realise from the point PR comes in ALL votes will be equal

Unfortunately if Tories lose though Labour will want "their go" at being in charge and won't want PR any time soon

FFS when will ANY OF THEM put the Country FIRST ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2024, 11:10:59 am by SydneyRover »
Only if more people get involved to shape the party, it would take all those with the monk-on to to grow up as Mick Lynch said.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2024, 11:21:52 am by drfchound »
They would get say 30% of let's call it 650 seats so 195 Seats

Green Party would benefit though with 3% of vote getting them 19 seats instead of 1 (Brighton Pavilion)

Lib Dems say 11 % of vote would get 72 seats not 11

All that assumes that the missing 13 million voters ( non voters ) still don't vote , and I hope PR would encourage some of them to engage and realise from the point PR comes in ALL votes will be equal

Unfortunately if Tories lose though Labour will want "their go" at being in charge and won't want PR any time soon

FFS when will ANY OF THEM put the Country FIRST ?

Wolfie, that is very unlikely.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2024, 12:17:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Will PR result in real democracy where wealth inequality is significantly reduced? On that and other issues. I think it's more likely the established patterns in our society that are against the people, will increase.

It will probably give the illusion of people feeling they have had their say,  which is the main reason we have "democracy", so on that it would be positive.

The lib dem/tory coalition showed how it would work. The reality is murky negotiations. So much would have to change before PR did what it says on the can.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:26:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2024, 12:21:21 pm by SydneyRover »
I don't think it's a credible position to stand on the side lines complaining about the weather if you don't do anything about it?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2024, 08:18:55 pm by wilts rover »
If Sunak doesn't call a GE before the LE - will there be a Tory Party left after them to fight it?

https://twitter.com/PollingReportUK

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2024, 10:07:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I don't think it's a credible position to stand on the side lines complaining about the weather if you don't do anything about it?
Yep, the Cloudbursting kit I bought from Temu should be arriving soon. That and my direct line subscription to God Weather Control Centre should sort things. What's your tactic?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 15, 2024, 10:11:27 pm by drfchound »
Yep, the Cloudbursting kit I bought from Temu should be arriving soon. That and my direct line subscription to God Weather Control Centre should sort things. What's your tactic?

Rain dance perhaps.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 15, 2024, 10:32:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If Sunak doesn't call a GE before the LE - will there be a Tory Party left after them to fight it?

https://twitter.com/PollingReportUK

Aye. But that poll is from Goodwin. Go figure. The Tories are NOT at  18 per cent

TinyPortal © 2005-2012