Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Forest Green Rovers game  (Read 6976 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Forest Green Rovers game
« Reply #30 on March 23, 2024, 06:15:28 pm by rich1471 »
Biamou has to be getting the nod ahead of Joe. Must have won 5/6 flick on’s when he came on. Don’t recall Joe getting any change out of their defenders all game.
A lot more composed with the ball at his feet too. Joe was lucky to stay on the field in my opinion. That arm was wild
Think he was very lucky he even had a look were the player was

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 23, 2024, 06:18:06 pm by Branton Red »
Forest Green were supremely well organised and disciplined off the ball. Credit their manager for that. On the ball and going forward they were completely hopeless.

Rovers completely dominated possession and were good and patient.

Was never going to be an entertaining watch the way FGR set up unless Rovers scored early.

Once the first goal went in it really was game over.

As comfortable a win as you could wish for.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 23, 2024, 06:19:59 pm by ncRover »
Biamou has to be getting the nod ahead of Joe. Must have won 5/6 flick on’s when he came on. Don’t recall Joe getting any change out of their defenders all game.
A lot more composed with the ball at his feet too. Joe was lucky to stay on the field in my opinion. That arm was wild

He will have known he was poor today like he did on 1st game of the season. He will bounce back.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 23, 2024, 06:37:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Great result. Comfortable performance with not many busting a gut to hurt the opposition. Always had the feeling we could go up a gear however our back 5 dealt with everything taking the pressure off. TLT could have taken a deck chair out with him.

Molyneux was Molyneux being quite wasteful at times but scoring from a shot he had no time to think about and a cross put into the PMO zone. Again, his persistence pays off and made the difference in the end.

Every game from here on in is a 6 pointer so conserving the energy we did today, sets us up for the strong finish we're looking for

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 23, 2024, 06:46:36 pm by Filo »
Nothing more to add to what others have said really, as comfortable as comfortable gets

We now have Bradford and Notts County in our sights

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 23, 2024, 06:49:33 pm by danumdon »
From very early on this had the look of the type of game we would loose to a late goal earlier in the season. The fact we have more resilience and determination to succeed is becoming more apparent every game. The settle side helps and the partnerships between the defence and midfield has enabled us to become much more solid.

If we can get some runners onto the same wavelength as Hacks then we would of been able to wrap this game up much earlier.

I would of liked GM to have started with Biamou and given him the addition of some consistency from his last couple of games but he looks like a striker who in full flow would be very dangerous in this league.

Form is still good and we keep going, that top half finish and some momentum looks on track.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 23, 2024, 07:03:55 pm by karlos »
Talking to a lad today who runs a podcast for Coventry, he had nothing but good words about biamou said he was such a nice bloke as well as a footballer. He said he used to turn up to fans meetings without having to be asked to so he could interact with fans and this last occurrence was 3 weeks ago.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 23, 2024, 07:21:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Nothing more to add to what others have said really, as comfortable as comfortable gets

Accrington and Tranmere also.
We are not far off the next bunch ahead of them also.
Top 12 beckons.

Next week is a massive game. Crawley are in mega form. It the unimaginable is to happen then we have to beat Crawley on Friday.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 23, 2024, 07:24:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Crawley are on a good run of form but they are leaky at home. They’ve only managed three clean sheets at home all season and these were Forest Green, Sutton and Bradford.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 23, 2024, 07:32:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Crawley are on a good run of form but they are leaky at home. They’ve only managed three clean sheets at home all season and these were Forest Green, Sutton and Bradford.

Win next week and we have an outside chance of making the playoffs. Very outside. If we don't we can put the thought to bed completely

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 23, 2024, 07:34:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Even then it is at least 7 points and depending on other results, an even bigger gap.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 23, 2024, 07:36:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Also just noticed there was over 7000 there today, with probably not even 200 Forest Green.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 23, 2024, 07:41:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think there were lots of free kids tickets today.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 23, 2024, 07:44:57 pm by scawsby steve »
Aye, aye. Something stinks here. Where's Gazlaz's post gone that said we don't play well against low possession sides like FGR and that we wouldn't beat them?

He wouldn't would he?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 23, 2024, 08:05:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Good result but the game wasn’t great on entertainment. They were so far off it that it was never a competitive match.

Think Ironside will have a battle on when Max gets up and running as he looks like a handful and he’s hardly played for years so should only get better

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 23, 2024, 08:44:37 pm by adamtherover »

Accrington and Tranmere also.
We are not far off the next bunch ahead of them also.
Top 12 beckons.

Next week is a massive game. Crawley are in mega form. It the unimaginable is to happen then we have to beat Crawley on Friday.
over the last 10 games, we are top of the form table,  does that make us In super mega form,?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 23, 2024, 08:54:11 pm by MachoMadness »
Aye, aye. Something stinks here. Where's Gazlaz's post gone that said we don't play well against low possession sides like FGR and that we wouldn't beat them?

He wouldn't would he?
Wasn't in this thread, I don't think.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 23, 2024, 09:06:04 pm by idler »

He wouldn't would he?
Gazlaz gave an opinion and like everybody else he can be wrong in his opinion.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 23, 2024, 09:12:13 pm by Jonathan »

He wouldn't would he?

Agreed, don’t think he’s the type to delete an opinion. We all get things wrong and I’m sure we’re all happier when our incorrect predictions result in a win. I think I went for 8 points from these 5 games. We’re 3 games in and already have 9. It’s great to see.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 23, 2024, 09:13:34 pm by scawsby steve »

He wouldn't would he?

That's not what I asked, Idler. I asked where the post's gone, because it looks suspiciously like it's been removed.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 23, 2024, 09:22:23 pm by scawsby steve »
My apologies, guys, it was on the "Can we do it?" thread.

My thanks to Pancho for inadvertently bringing this to my attention.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 23, 2024, 09:55:51 pm by idler »

He wouldn't would he?

That's not what I asked, Idler. I asked where the post's gone, because it looks suspiciously like it's been removed.
Sorry Steve, I assumed that it was still there. Gazlaz doesn’t seem like the sort of person to dodge a wrong prediction though. Judging on past threads that is.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 23, 2024, 11:01:08 pm by scawsby steve »

He wouldn't would he?

Sorry Steve, I assumed that it was still there. Gazlaz doesn’t seem like the sort of person to dodge a wrong prediction though. Judging on past threads that is.

You're right, Idler, he hasn't dodged it. I got it wrong.

Apologies to Gazlaz.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 23, 2024, 11:19:32 pm by Pancho Regan »
My apologies, guys, it was on the "Can we do it?" thread.

My thanks to Pancho for inadvertently bringing this to my attention.

You’re welcome Steve.
And it wasn’t inadvertent actually ….!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 24, 2024, 12:17:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Forest Green were supremely well organised and disciplined off the ball. Credit their manager for that. On the ball and going forward they were completely hopeless.

Rovers completely dominated possession and were good and patient.

Was never going to be an entertaining watch the way FGR set up unless Rovers scored early.

Once the first goal went in it really was game over.

As comfortable a win as you could wish for.

I'd disagree about their defensive tactics. I thought their approach was baffling.

Walsall neutralised us by not pressing hard on our centre backs when we had the ball, but pressing aggressively on the full backs when we moved the ball out to them, and having someone always denying Craig space.

Forest Green sat off our centre backs, but didn't press the full backs, and gave Craig as much space as he wanted. They effectively accepted every time we got the ball that we would be able to launch an attack. And even then, having men behind the ball, they rarely doubled up on Molyneux and Maxwell down the flanks, or Adelakun in a more inside position. Their approach seemed to be effectively to park the bus inside their box and trust themselves not to allow chances there. But their defenders were just not good enough to deny us space inside the box.

It was a really odd approach that didn't seem to have any confidence in them being able to put us under any pressure in the first 75% of the pitch.

And as for their ability on the ball, that's by some way the worst I've seen this season.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 24, 2024, 06:24:41 am by Padge_DRFC »

He wouldn't would he?

To be fair I can see why he put it. We did struggle I thought today, but luckily for us Forest Green were so bad when they did have the ball on those rare occasions it was like we were playing someone 2 leagues below never mind bottom of our division

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 24, 2024, 07:23:16 am by roversdude »

To be honest I can’t see how the ref can book him for that, that’s either an honest coming together or a straight red, I was expecting the latter.
What the hell were FGR doing not bringing the subs on bizarre-btw the fourth official was a joke with the board

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 24, 2024, 09:39:50 am by LincsRover »
Talking to a lad today who runs a podcast for Coventry, he had nothing but good words about biamou said he was such a nice bloke as well as a footballer. He said he used to turn up to fans meetings without having to be asked to so he could interact with fans and this last occurrence was 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, I noticed he walked across to the west stand for some selfies and signed a few shirts for the fans over there - nice touch. I work with a Cov fan and he said the same, they loved him but he just didn’t quite hack it at the top end of the championship. Cracking player for league 1 & 2 though. I hope we keep him.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 24, 2024, 09:51:26 am by roversdude »

Yeah, I noticed he walked across to the west stand for some selfies and signed a few shirts for the fans over there - nice touch. I work with a Cov fan and he said the same, they loved him but he just didn’t quite hack it at the top end of the championship. Cracking player for league 1 & 2 though. I hope we keep him.
Genuinely seems that it’s not the money that motivates him so hopefully he can buy into what’s getting (re)built at Rovers

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 24, 2024, 10:30:45 am by StocksArmy »
We looked a league above yesterday. Our ball retention was the real highlight for me. If the game finished 0-0 I would say the same.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012