Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:59:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Maxwell new deal  (Read 2301 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Maxwell new deal
« Reply #30 on March 20, 2024, 03:56:31 pm by Barmby Rover »
A decent player and keen to do better, just what we need, well done for getting the job done.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 20, 2024, 05:44:01 pm by scawsby steve »
With James and Jack Senior, we've got 2 excellent young left backs.

I like Senior. He’s 27 though.

Compared to BB and Wolfie, that's very young. In fact, he's only 10 years younger than me.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 20, 2024, 08:31:20 pm by Branton Rover »
With Maxwell being better going forward and Senior better defensively. I wonder if Grant will do a Brian Flynn tactic of playing one in front of the other particularly away from home. It certainly worked well having Tommy Spurr in behind James Husband way back when.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2024, 09:24:53 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
With Maxwell being better going forward and Senior better defensively. I wonder if Grant will do a Brian Flynn tactic of playing one in front of the other particularly away from home. It certainly worked well having Tommy Spurr in behind James Husband way back when.

It's a good option to have. Just great to have two competing right backs and as you say, both have strengths and weaknesses to work on.

We need to achieve the same with the left back position and wonder if Nixon is a possibility in the summer. All action and energy, will run his blood to water but probably lacks a bit of finesse going forward. By contrast, Sterry seems more cultured in the final third but lacks the same tenacity when defending.

Very rare , at our level to find full backs who excel at both defending and attacking in equal measure, so we have to work on polishing rough diamonds. James Husband didn't do too bad did he despite his occasional hot headedness.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2024, 11:11:02 am by NickDRFC »

It's a good option to have. Just great to have two competing right backs and as you say, both have strengths and weaknesses to work on.

We need to achieve the same with the left back position and wonder if Nixon is a possibility in the summer. All action and energy, will run his blood to water but probably lacks a bit of finesse going forward. By contrast, Sterry seems more cultured in the final third but lacks the same tenacity when defending.

Very rare , at our level to find full backs who excel at both defending and attacking in equal measure, so we have to work on polishing rough diamonds. James Husband didn't do too bad did he despite his occasional hot headedness.

If you hold your hands in front of you and hold your thumb at a right angle to your forefinger, the left hand looks like an “L”. That’s how you can tell left from right.

:lol:  ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2024, 01:06:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

If you hold your hands in front of you and hold your thumb at a right angle to your forefinger, the left hand looks like an “L”. That’s how you can tell left from right.

:lol:  ;)

Well done! My bad. but my main point stands.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012