Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Aircraft Factory  (Read 887 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
New Aircraft Factory
« on March 25, 2024, 10:57:13 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I heard a snippet on the wireless this morning that a new Aircraft factory is to be built in Carcroft with the creation of over 1000 jobs. The planes will be the new low emission style aircraft and the company involved already has pre-orders valued at more than than a billion pounds! Apparently the Council, South Yorks Mayor, the local MP and Doncaster Chamber have been negotiating since last year to bring the factory to Donny.

I couldn't get to hear anymore on this, but it sounds like brilliant news for the town.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 11:05:36 am by Herbert Anchovy »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: New Aircraft Factory
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2024, 11:11:57 am by Sprotyrover »
Yes it’s the Airlander  10 a modern Airship, good work by Ros Jones and Doncaster Chamber of Commerce! A Spanish Company has ordered 10 and the US Military is very interested in buying large numbers!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2024, 11:40:22 am by River Don »
The great thing about the Airlandr is it's point to point. You can park it up in a pretty small area of open space.

Imagine a service connecting Belfast, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle for instance. And all city centre stops.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2024, 12:14:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
The great thing about the Airlandr is it's point to point. You can park it up in a pretty small area of open space.

Imagine a service connecting Belfast, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle for instance. And all city centre stops.
Apparently they will be building 24 a year at Carcroft, they already have 15 Civilians models ordered, but the big customer will be military! US and UK governemts already in discussions!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2024, 03:15:31 pm by normal rules »
The “flying bum”

Or “flying buttocks” for the US market.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2024, 09:51:06 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I’ve just been reading a bit more about this and it’s a real coup for the town. Full credit to the Council & Mayor and all the others involved. It’s really going to put Donny on the map in an industry that’s going to become more & more important.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2024, 10:47:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I’ve just been reading a bit more about this and it’s a real coup for the town. Full credit to the Council & Mayor and all the others involved. It’s really going to put Donny on the map in an industry that’s going to become more & more important.

Ahem

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2024, 07:15:10 pm by scawsby steve »
I have to say, with this news and the news of the airport re-opening, Ros Jones has really gone up in my estimation.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2024, 07:18:45 pm by drfchound »
I have to say, with this news and the news of the airport re-opening, Ros Jones has really gone up in my estimation.

Agreed SS.
I wonder what incentives we had to give to get the Company to come to Donny.
I would guess that there were plenty of other Cities doing their best to secure the business.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2024, 07:33:25 pm by scawsby steve »

Agreed SS.
I wonder what incentives we had to give to get the Company to come to Donny.
I would guess that there were plenty of other Cities doing their best to secure the business.

I would imagine they heard that our city is home to some great philosophers, like you, me, BB, and Wolfie.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2024, 07:37:41 pm by Ldr »
Obviously the amount of hot air generated on here

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2024, 04:10:33 pm by IDM »
I think this project was originally for the US military, quite a few years back.

One of the prototypes crashed a few years ago too, obviously theyve recovered since!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2024, 06:34:17 pm by ravenrover »
My wife is a Carcroft lass born and bred but she can't think of anywhere called Carcroft Common is.
Is it on Askern Road or over the railway lines  where the Heinzels factory is/was

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2024, 07:10:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
My wife is a Carcroft lass born and bred but she can't think of anywhere called Carcroft Common is.
Is it on Askern Road or over the railway lines  where the Heinzels factory is/was

Bentley Moor Lane, after you've turned off Doncaster Road.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2024, 09:01:33 pm by ravenrover »
Aaah now we know, thanks

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2024, 09:05:31 pm by WheatleyRover »
Apparently that location was picked to not interfere with the Airspace at DSA

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2024, 10:18:56 pm by Filo »

Hope they’ve sorted the flooding issues out with the Ea Beck or those aircraft could become boats

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 28, 2024, 09:28:43 am by ravenrover »

I think that is classed as Adwick le St rather than Carcroft, but thanks

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 28, 2024, 10:32:18 am by Sprotyrover »

Hope they’ve sorted the flooding issues out with the Ea Beck or those aircraft could become boats
Ea Beck flooded as the environment Agency hadn’t cleared the sluice gate into the Don and it had damned up there have been no issues since 2006
So I would assume they are keeping the sluice gate clear of Debris!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 28, 2024, 02:12:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 28, 2024, 05:41:11 pm by Sprotyrover »
https://portfolio.southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/#carcroft-common-doncaster

Here's a map of the investment zones.
The ones East of Hatfield are heavily waterlogged and no amount of pumping stations will sort it!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 28, 2024, 05:53:39 pm by Filo »

The ones East of Hatfield are heavily waterlogged and no amount of pumping stations will sort it!

That area of land is going to be raised by about 6ft with spoil from the pit tip

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 28, 2024, 06:03:50 pm by i_ateallthepies »

How do you suppose the Dutch manage to keep their feet dry?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 28, 2024, 06:09:12 pm by IDM »

Wellies.??

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 28, 2024, 06:34:45 pm by Sprotyrover »

Stilts!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 28, 2024, 06:41:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
I was chatting to some ground workers out there in January , you dig a hole and water appears which Ebbs and flows with the tides. Interesting to hear they are going to raise the ground level by 6 feet. My advice is don’t buy a House on there because you will be living on an island in a couple of years and in 10/15 years you will be wading about in your ‘Garden’
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 06:48:47 pm by Sprotyrover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 28, 2024, 06:48:56 pm by Filo »
I was chatting to some ground workers out there in January , you dig a hole and water appears which Ebbs and flows with the tides. Interesting to hear they are going to raise the ground level by 6 feet. My advice is don’t buy a House on there because you will be living on an island in a couple of years and in 10/15 years you will be wading about in your ‘Garden’

I can go in my Garden, dig 6inch and water appears, my house is 100 years old, still no sign of living on an island and my house is a half of a mile as the crow flies from from that development, if you know the geology of the area you would understand why water is not far from the surface, google Thorne Mere to understand

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 28, 2024, 09:34:59 pm by Sprotyrover »

I can go in my Garden, dig 6inch and water appears, my house is 100 years old, still no sign of living on an island and my house is a half of a mile as the crow flies from from that development, if you know the geology of the area you would understand why water is not far from the surface, google Thorne Mere to understand
I don’t. We’d to, and I know all about Vermuyden and also the Sunn Drainage scheme. Google map of the Uk 2050 it’s very similar to that of Roman Britain!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 28, 2024, 11:07:57 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Remember when, in 1989,  Raise the Roof predicted that climate change would flood Donny by 2030 and turn Donny Dome into the ‘Donny Nipple’! They were onto something!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012