Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Richard Wood  (Read 3055 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Richard Wood
« Reply #30 on March 27, 2024, 07:51:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
It may be that we have to manage his game time a little more next season, but either way I see this as a relatively low risk signing.

You wouldn’t have dared to suggest that to him on Tuesday evening, Jon! He mentioned that at his ‘previous’ club, they told him he couldn’t play 3 games/ week. He said he’s done it here and felt no ill effects, so whilst he’s here, he’ll always try to be on the team sheet for every game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 27, 2024, 09:16:48 pm by drfchound »
It always makes me chuckle when players and managers say three games a week.
It isn’t.
They play Saturday and Tuesday and the following Saturday is part of the following week.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 27, 2024, 10:15:01 pm by Pancho Regan »
It may be that we have to manage his game time a little more next season, but either way I see this as a relatively low risk signing. We know we’re getting a good organiser with tonnes of experience and physical presence. And we know first hand the impact he has on others around him. We may have been able to bring in another centre half that can head it and kick it for similar money, but I don’t think there are loads out there that offer the leadership that Wood offers. Look at Aden Flint at Mansfield and what he (more expensively) brings them. Having a player like this is important at this level.

I think that’s an important point Jonathan.

What comes through in Woody’s interview is that he is not looking to cruise to retirement; he still feels fired up and still has his personal goals (as in scoring some!).

I think it’s taken some time for Woody to settle at Rovers after so many years at Rotherham, especially after getting injured, but you can see now he is feeling more at home and is enjoying his time here.

Let’s get behind our Club Captain

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 27, 2024, 10:49:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I don’t feel that we have had such a character on & off the field since Rob Jones was the captain here.

So glad Woody has signed for another year, it could be a pivotal decision in our quest to get out of this awful division next season.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 27, 2024, 11:56:30 pm by rover-n-out »
When we have a Tues night game, they play 3 games in 8 days, I think that's what Grant was getting at by calling it a week!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 28, 2024, 01:03:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
When we have a Tues night game, they play 3 games in 8 days, I think that's what Grant was getting at by calling it a week!

Maybe they're thinking on the lines of Saturday match, Monday debrief then straight into prep for Tuesday game. Tuesday morning, training prep for night game and/or travel. Tuesday eve. Match.
Wednesday debrief and light training.  Thursday . Prep for Saturdays game plus full training. Friday. Specific training for Saturdays game.

So in effect, they're covering 3 games in a 7 day period, eventhough the 3rf match is on the 8th day.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 28, 2024, 07:23:28 am by roversdude »
It always makes me chuckle when players and managers say three games a week.
It isn’t.
They play Saturday and Tuesday and the following Saturday is part of the following week.

Surely it’s Tuesday and Saturday with the next Tuesday in another week lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 28, 2024, 08:00:57 am by drfchound »

I know what he was getting at but then I suppose if the game after that three game block is a Saturday one that they won’t have had any games in the week leading up to that it as it was included in the three game series.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 28, 2024, 01:04:01 pm by adamtherover »
Big daz used to say satdi, Tuesday, satdi was 3 games in 6 days lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012