Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:18:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Special Economic Zones / Freeports  (Read 379 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Special Economic Zones / Freeports
« on March 26, 2024, 11:51:07 pm by roverstillidie91 »
With the general election on the horizon I was wondering for those who are intending to vote for the main political parties may change their mind when they read this information about SEZ and Freeports. Backed by Labour also.

It is probably something a lot of people aren't aware of. Consequence of Brexit.

https://twitter.com/i/communities/1770185938611945870

https://x.com/EuropeanPowell?s=09

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Re: Special Economic Zones / Freeports
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2024, 10:11:09 am by roverstillidie91 »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2024, 11:17:23 am by Donnywolf »
Disgusting and as Fergal Sharkey has just said on Sky ( regarding the Water Companies ) who want customers to pay (again) to reduce the amount t of Sewage getting into Rivers ..... We've been HAD

Freeports will be another example of selling the family silver and like the Sewage it STINKS

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2024, 11:44:55 am by SydneyRover »
Peter Thiel:

""“Highways create traffic jams, welfare creates poverty, schools make people dumb and the NHS makes people sick,” he said.

Speaking at the Oxford Union debating society, he also said the British public’s affection for the NHS was a case of “Stockholm syndrome” – the term for hostages who feel a bond with their captors''

I guess you could blame food for the sewage?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2024, 12:22:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Freepports are good for business, they're just glorified Bonded Warehouses. Being a Freeport has made Rotterdam the thriving business hub that it is.

The problem is that potential Freeports are being hijacked - and are being allowed to be hijacked - by shady people without any proper oversight.

To me, they should be set up, run and regulated by a properly legislated authorities, and I make no apology for saying that this should be HMRC and Border Control.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of Freeports themselves.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2024, 02:59:27 pm by Sprotyrover »
What's everyone's thoughts on it seeing as it will affect the majority of us all?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/teesside-freeport-was-valuable-land-sold-to-developers-for-just-ps1-per-acre-4139474
Having read the Article I don’t see any issues
It’s the site of the Redcar Steel works whoever has bought it for a £1 an acre will then have to spend £thousands per acre making it safe to use,
As Zhou hen says they are getting business rates from the industrial facility owners when it built.
Again I would Blink if it comes out that The Labour Doncaster Council Lease the Carcoft Common site to Airlander for Peanuts, they are building a facility that will create 1200 plus Jobs and vastly improved the skills of the local. Workforce!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2024, 03:01:06 pm by Sprotyrover »
Freepports are good for business, they're just glorified Bonded Warehouses. Being a Freeport has made Rotterdam the thriving business hub that it is.

The problem is that potential Freeports are being hijacked - and are being allowed to be hijacked - by shady people without any proper oversight.

To me, they should be set up, run and regulated by a properly legislated authorities, and I make no apology for saying that this should be HMRC and Border Control.

As to Freeport’s I agree with Glynn they are a vast benefit but need proper regulation.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2024, 08:11:53 am by roverstillidie91 »

As to Freeport’s I agree with Glynn they are a vast benefit but need proper regulation.
which is not the case if you look at the information on Twitter.

Simply by searching Freeports or SEZ or follow European Powell the intention is there but unfortunately it's being put through for the wrong reasons

Tories last gift to us before being voted out

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2024, 09:33:33 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Disgusting and as Fergal Sharkey has just said on Sky ( regarding the Water Companies ) who want customers to pay (again) to reduce the amount t of Sewage getting into Rivers ..... We've been HAD

Freeports will be another example of selling the family silver and like the Sewage it STINKS
it is something Labour supports and this should be being communicated by the MSM. Unsurprisingly it isn't.

None of the fascist policies tory have introduced have Labour opposed.

Which is why I amongst many others, more than you may believe will be voting for them either.

Searching freeports or SEZ's on Twitter will give you sufficient info.

As a responder acknowledged it looks a good idea on the great scheme of things but it won't be to our benefit.

All our councils privatised.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012