Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Westbrook  (Read 3071 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Westbrook
« on March 28, 2024, 07:01:49 pm by Bessie Red »
Signed on a 2 year deal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Westbrook
« Reply #1 on March 28, 2024, 07:07:59 pm by karldew »
You need to pinch the ‘e’ from Sharpe!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 28, 2024, 07:14:02 pm by Rovers91 »
More than happy with this signing very good player and think he will only get better under GM.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 28, 2024, 07:19:52 pm by Branton Rover »
Really pleased with this he’s a playmaker and he’s good to watch. He can pull the strings just in behind the frontmen as long as he’s got someone behind him doing the necessary spade work.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 28, 2024, 07:22:34 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I reckon he could have gone elsewhere quite easily. This is a good statement of intent in my view.

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 28, 2024, 07:25:36 pm by The Dav »
Keep him fit and on the pitch and we’re keeping a cracking player ! Well done GM.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2024, 07:30:21 pm by adamtherover »
Molly has to be the next,   the rest are youngsters, or Injured high earners..  with no effect on a strong first 11, so I wish them well as they depart..

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 28, 2024, 07:31:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Leaves me with a feeling of we haven’t learned. I hope I’m wrong but I expect he will spend half of his contract on the treatment table.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2024, 07:35:23 pm by Northants Nomad »
Leaves me with a feeling of we haven’t learned. I hope I’m wrong but I expect he will spend half of his contract on the treatment table.

If we hadn't just changed our physio set up for a bloke who clearly has experience and knowledge, I'd probably agree. By I think the new fella has given Grant a full analysis on injuries and they've assessed that this is manageable.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2024, 07:42:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm happy with this one although bound to be concerns on the injury front. Same with Wood, but I guess we've been conditioned to fear the worse.

I'm not so confident with Molyneux signing, I think he'll be coveted by other clubs and will take his time to consider his options.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2024, 07:55:53 pm by Campsall rover »
We have a head physio who knows what he is doing.
This makes a massive difference.
He would have assessed Westbooke’s fitness and told GM he is a low risk signing.
Please to get another one over the line.
As said I really hope Molly signs now. Surely he can see the clubs intent on promotion next season. He came to Rovers because he wanted League 1 football. If he thought we were ambitious when he first signed then he must see the ambition now.
We are a different animal to the one he joined in the summer of 2022

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2024, 08:01:00 pm by Lesonthewest »
Great news, really good player & sounds like he & his family are settled here, which is always a positive. I was wondering what chance we would have of signing Nixon, really like him & would be perfect to challenge Sterry. Whatever happens he will go on to be a good player for either us or someone else in my opinion.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2024, 08:10:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Great news, really good player & sounds like he & his family are settled here, which is always a positive. I was wondering what chance we would have of signing Nixon, really like him & would be perfect to challenge Sterry. Whatever happens he will go on to be a good player for either us or someone else in my opinion.
I agree Nixon would be a good signing. We need 2 good players for each position.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 28, 2024, 08:24:53 pm by Jonathan »
Very good footballer.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 28, 2024, 08:27:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
Good signing and nice to have another midfielder on board. The defence is pretty much sorted, but there’s work to do in our midfield. Matty Craig seems up for another stint here, but that decision is not just his to make.

Up top, I’d like to see Biamou extend his stay, as I think he could do some damage next season. Imagine having him & Ironside in the team as a 2 up front!

Everyone now seems to be waiting for news on Molyneux and that would give us a good base to start from (with Adelakun thrown in, for good measure).

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 28, 2024, 08:35:49 pm by GazLaz »
No doubt he can play, just his durability that’s in question. Hopefully we get 35+ games out of him next season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 28, 2024, 08:57:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Hope the other is Moly. Think Max will earn a longer deal but it’s early days for that now

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 28, 2024, 09:32:45 pm by ncRover »
Baller for this level.

He needs the Slim Shady haircut back to commemorate this.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 28, 2024, 09:41:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I agree Nixon would be a good signing. We need 2 good players for each position.

Also he can cover both full back positions which gives flexibility

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 28, 2024, 10:03:42 pm by monkeytennis »
Great stuff. Get Moly signed and that’s me happy

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 28, 2024, 10:26:54 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looks like it’s all going well

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 29, 2024, 08:20:25 am by Chris Black come back »
No doubt he can play, just his durability that’s in question. Hopefully we get 35+ games out of him next season.

He’s 27 and has never once managed 35 league games in a season. Really hope McCann and his team are confident about his physicality.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 29, 2024, 08:26:32 am by ncRover »

He’s 27 and has never once managed 35 league games in a season. Really hope McCann and his team are confident about his physicality.

If he had he wouldn’t be at this level. I think he’s worth it even if he doesn’t. There will be other good options in midfield.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 29, 2024, 08:32:43 am by Spud »
Maybe his body is stronger than ever now, maybe the contract reflects the amount of games we're expecting from him.
We seem to be better equipped to judge now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 29, 2024, 09:01:58 am by Campsall rover »
I think the other player who has signed is Bobby Faulkner.
The way GM mentioned him in his interview suggests as much without saying so.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 29, 2024, 09:11:06 am by dickos1 »

Why?
The operation he’s just had was the first of his career.
One bad injury can’t be a reason not to sign someone

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 29, 2024, 09:28:42 am by NickDRFC »

Why?

He's clearly had issues with injury throughout his career given the sheer number of games that he's missed, though. It's not just about one bad injury but regular smaller injuries.

If we get half a season out of him at the level he was performing earlier on, though, that's not bad given his quality.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 29, 2024, 01:14:08 pm by Nudga »

Why?

He's clearly had issues with injury throughout his career given the sheer number of games that he's missed, though. It's not just about one bad injury but regular smaller injuries.

If we get half a season out of him at the level he was performing earlier on, though, that's not bad given his quality.

Could be that he was badly managed in previous clubs and made to play through the pain barrier with injections?
Not uncommon.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 29, 2024, 03:57:03 pm by GazLaz »

In Wood and Zain we have given contracts to players who are very unlikely to play >60% of the games next season. Interesting call.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 29, 2024, 04:00:47 pm by ravenrover »
What stats are you basing that on GL?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012