Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 06:26:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IF we were to pull off the impossible…  (Read 666 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
IF we were to pull off the impossible…
« on April 07, 2024, 12:17:12 pm by colincramb »
What would that do for McCann’s reputation? Hopefully wouldn’t put us in a position where clubs come calling, would it…?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: IF we were to pull off the impossible…
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2024, 12:22:11 pm by Barmby Rover »
That may well be, it happened last time, and could easily happen again.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2024, 12:55:55 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Almost certain clubs would come looking. Would grant be as easy to go this time? Maybe not, again would come down to financial and personal point of view

Could Terry offer him more backing? More money? Does he see the bigger project here?

Grant will leave us again one day, just enjoy every day he is here and working his magic for us.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2024, 01:02:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm convinced if they back him financially he'll stay here, he wants to achieve something and get us up to the championship. Back him and he can do it.  Then he's got the opportunity to move to a big big club with loads of achievements.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2024, 02:03:43 pm by idler »
He looks really happy here. He’s seen Hull and Peterborough pull the trigger on him rather than back him. He knows TB and GB have faith in him and will give him the time that he needs.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2024, 02:07:39 pm by Petche »
He looks really happy here. He’s seen Hull and Peterborough pull the trigger on him rather than back him. He knows TB and GB have faith in him and will give him the time that he needs.

Not just TB and GB but the fans have had great faith in Grant. I don't recall anyone calling for him to go when we were in the bottom 4 and getting stuffed regularly.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2024, 02:14:24 pm by idler »

Not just TB and GB but the fans have had great faith in Grant. I don't recall anyone calling for him to go when we were in the bottom 4 and getting stuffed regularly.
Totally agree with that. Very few were openly critical even after our miserable start. It might have been different had he not been a previous success though. There are a few basket case clubs offering silly money and then ditching you after half a season or less. The pay off might be good but job satisfaction must be zero.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2024, 02:26:14 pm by Nudga »
He's had his fingers burned with Hull and Peterborough plus it sounds like his wife had a bit of a say in his decision to come back here.
GM talks about getting the club back into the championship so he must have had some positive conversations with TB.
I honestly believe that GM has had a massive say in how to build the club up, not just the first team but training ground improvements, scouting department, medical department, analysis department.
I hate the term but GM has got a real "project" here so I think we'll have him for at least two more seasons, maybe more if he gets back to back promotions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012