Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:56:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just a word for the ref  (Read 2406 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Just a word for the ref
« on April 09, 2024, 10:55:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Banker

Or as they say on Nationwide advert .. that's not Banker

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Just a word for the ref
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2024, 10:58:54 pm by RobTheRover »
A little inconsistent, but far from the worst we've had. That booking for Adelakun was his worst transgression.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2024, 11:08:07 pm by Iberian Red »
Banker

Or as they say on Nationwide advert .. that's not Banker

Inconsitentarsewipe

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2024, 11:12:10 pm by Donnywolf »
Hi Rob ... compounded by not showing a Yellow to their player foe exactly the same thing on 56 minutes

Also.ignoring giving a Yellow to their 12 when he blatantly hauled back our player twice but because he was on  Yellow he didn't get another

They will never stop cheats if they don't follow their mandatory rules

Man U bloke got sent off for 2 yellows after scoring v LFC the second for taking his bloody shirt off .... hadly gaining an advantage or cheating

But 12 tonight WAS cheating and should have paid the price but weak kneed Speedie let him get away with it twice

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2024, 11:15:48 pm by mushRTID »
I don’t think that west stand lino knew how to make a decision himself. Absolutely useless. The offside was the only thing he did, everything else the ref had to tell him first! Useless!!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2024, 11:43:30 pm by roversdude »
Thought he had learned how to play exactly by the book when he sent Grant off at Tranmere. Absolutely disgraceful inconsistency tonight as referenced above

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2024, 11:55:12 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I don’t think that west stand lino knew how to make a decision himself. Absolutely useless. The offside was the only thing he did, everything else the ref had to tell him first! Useless!!

What is it about Lino’s on that side? Every week we appear to get one on Valium!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2024, 12:28:39 am by PDX_Rover »
Very inconsistent. Some plain wrong calls. Seemed to let Walsall do whatever they wanted to.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2024, 12:29:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »

What is it about Lino’s on that side? Every week we appear to get one on Valium!

No grumbles from me. If he'd been conscious, he might have seen the ball cross the goal line twice in that first minute scramble.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2024, 05:50:34 am by Colin C No.3 »

No grumbles from me. If he'd been conscious, he might have seen the ball cross the goal line twice in that first minute scramble.

True, & perhaps the one in the second half from Rovers.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2024, 06:21:19 am by Donnywolf »
I was told the Rovers one did not cross the line , and I dont hold that against Refs.

The most important decision they make will not improve till Hawkeye comes along

The inconsistency in applying "mandatory" punishments is down to themselves

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2024, 07:39:02 am by 5minstogo »
I'm almost bang in line,  neither went in. The offside against Ironside was closer and probably 9 times out of 10 its not given. Lino has got one right with pure guess work.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2024, 08:09:08 am by Campsall rover »

I am almost in line, not quite level with the goal line on the West Stand BST. I did not think in any of those goal line scrambles the ball crossed the line.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2024, 08:30:09 am by drfchound »
Neither scramble appeared to me to have the ball cross the line.
It would be interesting to see any evidence from anyone who thinks a goal was scored.
In both situations there were tremendous blocks by defenders and lots of luck involved.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2024, 08:42:26 am by mushRTID »

Have you seen a replay?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2024, 09:00:38 am by donnievic »
Hard to tell from south but I didn’t think either was  in and also looked like Joe was off when the ball was played but tight,adelukan caution is one of them is 50/50 he didn’t kick the ball away but took around couple of there players and stopped them getting it,shouldn’t matter but they they kicked it away I’m thinking it’s cos they were losing so maybe he didn’t see it as time wasting lol

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2024, 09:52:29 am by pib »

Have you seen a replay?

I've tried to slow it down and pause it and I genuinely don't think either crossed the line, and I would be honest if I think they did. The first one that bounced off the bar was probably closest as it landed on the line, but doesn't look over. The second attempt is more difficult to see as their number 2 is standing in the way, but Ironside is the one that clears it (twice) and only for a brief split-second are his feet actually behind the line and it doesn't look as if the ball went over.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2024, 09:58:24 am by mushRTID »
I don’t think they did either but BST seems pretty confident it did so was wondering if he’s seen a different replay to us.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2024, 10:01:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I don’t think they did either but BST seems pretty confident it did so was wondering if he’s seen a different replay to us.

It was a light-hearted comment. I've not seen any video.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2024, 10:03:32 am by pib »
Fair enough. I genuinely wouldn't have been surprised if that Lino had missed something because his eyes seemed to be painted on for most of the throw-in calls he made.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2024, 10:32:22 am by StocktonRover »
On the Walsall forum, those watching it on i follow seem to agree it didnt cross the line.
Most importantly though, the ref didnt think it did.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2024, 10:51:42 am by drfchound »
Would it be over expensive to apply goal line technology to all EFL grounds?
Does anyone know about costs of stuff like that?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2024, 10:59:23 am by Alan Southstand »
Trying to determine whether anyone is offside, from the Southstand, is not easy but I was baffled by the decision on Ironside being offside for the goal that was disallowed!

There was also one in the first half where the Walsall wide man looked to be a couple of yards off when receiving a through ball but West Stand Lino’s eyes, yet again, were undercoated and 2 coats of gloss on them! Nothing given.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:42:59 am by Alan Southstand »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2024, 11:19:43 am by jmt23 »
I still do not know how the ball that hit woods shoulder, never went in, it just dropped and didn’t roll? it just stuck like an 80’s match ball in the mud.

idler2

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2024, 12:41:07 pm by idler2 »
Trying to determine whether anyone is offside, from the Southstand, is not easy but I was baffled by the decision on Ironside being offside for the goal that was disallowed!

There was also one in the first half where the Walsall wide man looked to be a couple of yards off when receiving a through ball but West Stand Lino’s eyes, yet again, were undercoated and 2 coats of gloss on them! Nothing given.
I wasn’t there last night but my mate was and almost in line with the goal line. He was happy that none of them crossed the line. GM said Joe was just offside. IFollow said that the link missed two obvious offsides ny them in the first half.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2024, 01:41:20 pm by Bessie Red »
A little inconsistent, but far from the worst we've had. That booking for Adelakun was his worst transgression.
Yeah Grant wasnt too happy about that in his interview!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2024, 02:10:02 pm by drfchound »
Have we any players with potential suspensions looming, for totting up of bookings?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2024, 02:40:06 pm by Donnywolf »
Have we any players with potential suspensions looming, for totting up of bookings?

T L-T must be close

I used to have a good EFL site with all Suspensions

Will have a look

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2024, 02:42:37 pm by Filo »
Weren’t they wiped clean not long ago, or something like that?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2024, 02:54:05 pm by roversdude »
I think Bailey was the closest but got through 2 games without a booking which more or less wiped the slate clean
Obviously Big Tom is available for Saturday after serving his ban, think Olowu has the shirt at the minute though

TinyPortal © 2005-2012