Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just a word for the ref  (Read 2405 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Just a word for the ref
« Reply #30 on April 10, 2024, 03:00:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The Adelakun booking was a woeful decision, so inconsistent given they'd done worse at least 3 times.  Consistency shouldn't be too hard.

Don't think any of them were over the line, the Ironside one you get some you don't get others.  His flag was up very early (I sit level with the Pen spot so get a good view on offsides). The one mentioned against Walsall above also wasn't offside, Oluwu in the middle played him on out wide by a good yard.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 10, 2024, 03:24:18 pm by Prez »
What was the commotion coming from the west stand about 5 mins before half time during a stoppage in play? Was there an off the ball incident? Couldnt tell from the south stand.

Thanks.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 10, 2024, 06:47:40 pm by silent majority »
Maybe somebody can explain to me why the lino on the East stand side kept her flag down when the Walsall players were clearly offside?

Now, I can understand that if VAR is present, see the move out and then clarify the position, but we don't have VAR. So why is play allowed to continue?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 10, 2024, 10:34:25 pm by donnievic »
Anyone seen the incident in the Harrogate v grimsby game where Grimsby goal was ruled for offside???,everyone moaning about a shocking decision it was,until another angle pops up showing where a great call by the assistant

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 10, 2024, 10:44:16 pm by drfchound »
What about the goal by Niall Ennis for Stoke at Swansea being ruled out.
The Swans keeper drops the ball and it hits Ennis who prods it into the goal.
It is disallowed.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 10, 2024, 10:48:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
The WBA 2nd goal (v Rotherham) was an absolute howler by the ref. The Rotherham lad is nearly 2 yards outside the box when the ball hits his hand and the ref points to the spot!

Criminal.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 11, 2024, 09:10:43 am by 5minstogo »
Maybe somebody can explain to me why the lino on the East stand side kept her flag down when the Walsall players were clearly offside?

Now, I can understand that if VAR is present, see the move out and then clarify the position, but we don't have VAR. So why is play allowed to continue?

I'm yet to see a match when she had kept up with play.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 11, 2024, 09:14:36 am by silent majority »

I'm yet to see a match when she had kept up with play.

There was at least one occasion where she missed the offside completely. But on other occasions she would raise the flag once the play was completed, and that I couldn't understand why. Was she giving herself thinking time? Or is it a directive at LG2 level as well|?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 11, 2024, 09:34:51 am by Donnywolf »
Without VAR they are asking for trouble (if that is a directive)

If a Flag goes up instantly you would never have any goal scored nor any Penalty awarded and that would be less contentious than allowing play to continue

In that case if a Team scores or is awarded a Penalty or there is a Red Card etc without VAR there is no proof there was an Offside and human intervention might be in play.

I.e. Lino decides to favour the big team or the home team or both. Pressure ( for the sake of raising a Flag and risking wrath )

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 11, 2024, 09:57:06 am by IDM »
 Think it is the norm these days to raise the flag once a play is completed.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 11, 2024, 10:21:31 am by Campsall rover »
Think it is the norm these days to raise the flag once a play is completed.
The flag does not go up until the player is in possession of the ball. You’re not offside until in possession unless you are interfering in the play or blocking the goalkeepers vision.

This rule drives me potty because the flag goes up so late or not at all as the player didn’t make contact with the ball.

What is the definition of interfering with play? It’s such a crazy rule because you’re asking the assistant ref or the ref to make a snap judgement on something that is just an opinion and not a fact.  It’s crazy.

Off side should be offside whether the player touches it or not imo.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 12, 2024, 03:24:40 pm by Donnywolf »
Would it work if offsides were abolished do we think

It would make the game less contentious but would it be the same game without it ?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 12, 2024, 03:40:26 pm by Draytonian III »
With no offsides it would be like watching U7s play, big kick by the keeper into the other penalty area, no need for wide players or creative midfielders

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 12, 2024, 04:37:14 pm by drfchound »
Have we any players with potential suspensions looming, for totting up of bookings?

Did anyone find anything with regards to potential suspensions?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 12, 2024, 06:34:42 pm by donnievic »
Sure they get wiped after Easter games

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 12, 2024, 06:54:02 pm by curley »
Suspensions are for 15 Yellows now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012